This was our first ever visit to Waterton National Park. We stayed at the Glacier Suites in Waterton for two nights (January 18 & 19, 2013) and thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the hotel. We found the hotel to be very modern and new. It was probably the newest of all hotels in Waterton. Speaking to a few local residents we were told it was the best choice of all the hotels in town (other hotels were closed for winter months) as rooms in other hotels are either very small or needed upgrading. It is located only a few streets from the lake. Our room (titled romantic suite room 213) was extremely clean and well furnished. It contained a small bar size fridge (not stocked), two sinks (one in bathroom and one outside of bathroom), a microwave, a one cup coffee machine, a beautiful large natural gas fire place, one very comfortable king size bed, and a Jacuzzi for two located in living area of room across from fireplace and bed. The standup shower stall in the bathroom was a bit tight for one but worked very well with lots of good hot water. The toilet did not sit very high off the floor and it seemed like it was a long way down to sit on it. We did not find the hotel to be noisy and the staff were very friendly and helpful. There is no lounge, pool or fitness centre in this hotel. As well, there is no restaurant in this hotel but normally there is a restaurant across the street that is usually open but it was closed for January for renovations. Thus, our hotel had set up a temporary restaurant in its lobby for guests. Considering it was temporary, the meals (breakfast and dinner only served) were very good. Lunch was not available and meals were only provided on weekends. The menu choice was small but more than sufficed. If you are a first time visitor to Waterton be aware that all the stores and businesses in town are closed and boarded up in the winter months. The Glacier Suites is pretty much the only hotel in town open year round. There are other hotels with better views of the lake but they are do not have rooms that are as large and modern and comfortable as this hotel. The cross country sking and snow shoeing is great. If you are looking for a quiet romantic time as a couple for a weekend getaway or as a family for a winter weekend outdoor activity the Waterton Glacier Suites is a great place to stay and is a place we would highly recommend. We will be sure to stay at this hotel again on our next visit to Waterton which will likely be in the spring or fall seasons.
- Also Known As:
- Waterton Glacier Hotel Waterton Lakes National Park
- Waterton Glacier Hotel
- Hotel Waterton Glacier
- Waterton Glacier Suites Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada - Alberta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterton Glacier Suites is Waterton's newest and highest rated hotel. We have three different types of suites - Deluxe, Romantic and Loft Suites with two full bathrooms! This all suite property boasts a fireplace, jetted tub, mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, in room safes and heavenly bedding in all our rooms. We are located in the center of the village and we are a non-smoking property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Waterton Glacier Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.