Stayed here back in Sept 2008 and it was a gorgeous building with a spectacular view, but don't expect any frills. This is definitely a place that's neat to stay for one night, but that's all - our room was over $400 a night for 2 beds and a water view. The walls between rooms might have been made of thin cardboard because I could clearly hear the conversations taking place by the couple in the adjoining room.
This was the 3rd hotel my family stayed in during our trip to Glacier Nat'l Park and considering the cost (all $300+) we couldn't wait to leave the park and move on to the portion of our trip where we stayed in newer hotels with all the comforts of home at 1/3 the price.
We were only in Waterton Park one night but had a great time walking around the tiny tourist town and shops. Also did the boat tour when were there and I highly recommend that as well.
Like someone else mentioned in their review of this hotel, if you have realistic expectations you will enjoy your stay. It's a beautiful old hotel and if you can appreciate it for it's history and location, then give it a try. If you're not willing to rough it for a night and over-pay for the privilege, this is probably not the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the Prince of Wales Hotel is located on the bluff overlooking picturesque Waterton Lakes and the township of Waterton, Alberta Canada. This stately hotel, named after Prince Edward, offers 86 guest rooms and a traditional British atmosphere complete with Afternoon Tea, the Royal Stewart Dining Room, Windsor Lounge, and the distinctive gift shop, Princess Gifts. The Prince of Wales Hotel is a smoke free, 7-story facility with designated outdoor smoking areas. Check-in time is after 3:00 p.m. and checkout time is 11:00 a.m. All rooms are accessed via stairs and are sold based on view or room size. An antique elevator is available for floors 2 through 4 and requires assistance to operate. There are no ADA-accessible rooms available at Prince of Wales Hotel. The self parking lot is located a short walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Prince of Wales Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Prince Of Wales
- Prince Wales Hotel Waterton
- Prince Of Wales Hotel Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada - Alberta