Our room was located on the very top floor of this quaint hotel. It had sloping ceilings as the roof was just above. Cute room and we liked it in spite of the fact that the elevator didn't go up to our floor and we had to haul our suitcases up a couple of floors ourselves. The breakfast was $$ expensive and lousy. We found a much better breakfast in town the following morning that was actually good and 1/5 the price. There is a beautiful view from the lobby of this hotel and the location is excellent. They have high tea in the afternoons in the lobby but this is not worth the $$ in my opinion. Better to just sit in the lobby for awhile and enjoy the view and then go out and do some hiking on some of the wonderful trails that Waterton Lakes has to offer. Overall, this hotel is very expensive for what you get. Try to find another place to stay in the small town of Waterton Lakes instead; this is what I plan to do when I return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the Prince of Wales Hotel is located on the bluff overlooking picturesque Waterton Lakes and the township of Waterton, Alberta Canada. This stately hotel, named after Prince Edward, offers 86 guest rooms and a traditional British atmosphere complete with Afternoon Tea, the Royal Stewart Dining Room, Windsor Lounge, and the distinctive gift shop, Princess Gifts. The Prince of Wales Hotel is a smoke free, 7-story facility with designated outdoor smoking areas. Check-in time is after 3:00 p.m. and checkout time is 11:00 a.m. All rooms are accessed via stairs and are sold based on view or room size. An antique elevator is available for floors 2 through 4 and requires assistance to operate. There are no ADA-accessible rooms available at Prince of Wales Hotel. The self parking lot is located a short walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Prince of Wales Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Prince Of Wales
- Prince Wales Hotel Waterton
- Prince Of Wales Hotel Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada - Alberta