I recognize the reasons for several moderately negative reviews. This hotel is costly, and contemporary amenities are absolutely lacking. Still, the location and view are nothing short of spectacular, and the staff was wonderfully caring. Having live music in the lobby as we arrived was a particular joy. It's also true that the meals are plain, and pretty well overpriced. But to balance that, it was such a wonderful experience to be away from telephone/television/pc, to simply sit and marvel at the view, enjoy the tea, and fully relax. Reviews are correct -- the rooms are small and dated, and can be drafty. But once again, this is an historic hotel; if I'd wanted luxury, I'd have stayed elsewhere. On the whole, the positives here -- at least for us -- greatly outweighed any possible negatives. I'd love to stay here again any time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the Prince of Wales Hotel is located on the bluff overlooking picturesque Waterton Lakes and the township of Waterton, Alberta Canada. This stately hotel, named after Prince Edward, offers 86 guest rooms and a traditional British atmosphere complete with Afternoon Tea, the Royal Stewart Dining Room, Windsor Lounge, and the distinctive gift shop, Princess Gifts. The Prince of Wales Hotel is a smoke free, 7-story facility with designated outdoor smoking areas. Check-in time is after 3:00 p.m. and checkout time is 11:00 a.m. All rooms are accessed via stairs and are sold based on view or room size. An antique elevator is available for floors 2 through 4 and requires assistance to operate. There are no ADA-accessible rooms available at Prince of Wales Hotel. The self parking lot is located a short walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Prince of Wales Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Prince Of Wales
- Prince Wales Hotel Waterton
- Prince Of Wales Hotel Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada - Alberta