“Calmest place on Earth...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Serenity by the Sea Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galiano Island
Serenity by the Sea Retreat
You added Serenity by the Sea Retreat to your Saves list
225 Serenity Lane (off Ganner Dr) | RR2 Galiano Island 42-14, British Columbia V0N 1P0, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 14 Galiano Island B&B and Inns
White Rock, Canada
“Calmest place on Earth...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Serenity is a retreat focused on contemplation and relaxation. The hosts provide a b & b type atmosphere, more family-style than hotel-style. Our room was the Windsail - it was magnificent. The entire experience (almost 3 days) was too short and we will be going back as soon as possible.

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

Loved the amazing view from the bath tub carved into the cliffside, the babbling brook into the sea, the funky outdated decore, the meditative labyrinth and welcoming hosts!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Français à Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

Me and my partner at the time went to Serenity by the sea on a complete random impulse. It was a last minute trip to spend new year's eve and we decided we would rather spend this time together than party with lots of people. We decided to take the Sunrise suite as the other cottages were already taken but we were not disappointed at all by our choice. I think the pictures cannot speak enough about how amazing is this place. We were lucky to see the sunset from our warm and cozy room by the sea, the calm and spirit of the place is really re-energizing and we spent the days roaming Galiano Island under a clear blue sky or me practicing Yoga with our hosts early in the morning.
Our hosts Shera and Chidakash were amazing, welcoming and generous. They directed us to beautiful places on Galiano and we also connected on a really high spiritual level. These are real people that will connect to you honestly. I cannot thank them enough for this time of peace and reflexion that they gave us. I think that Serinity by the sea and Shera and Chidakash are filled with the same energy. The house, its beautiful location and the spirituality that lies in the place and its host are comforting.
Anyhow, I can only recommend this place, looking back to when I first found it using TripAdvisor I realize that some people did not like their experience. I would only suggest that these people were merely not looking for a Bed and Breakfast but for a 5 star hotel or something alike where their experience would have been the same anywhere else . This is different here, you are entering a really special place and welcomed by really special people, expect to be surprised.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

My spouse and I spent two nights at Serenity by the Sea last week and loved every minute of our stay. We hope to return some day and spend much longer. We stayed in the self-contained 2-story cottage which has a lovely loft bedroom with views to the ocean, and a balcony - also with ocean view. The hosts were friendly and warm people who inspired us in many ways through their creative work. Their kind and wise spirit makes Serenity much more than just a place to stay on one's vacation. We left feeling relaxed, rejuvenated, and very lucky to have found such a gem. We've been visiting the Gulf Islands for about 10 years now and Serenity stands out as one of the most memorable locations we've stayed at.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

This is an unusual and interesting place to stay, although it may not be for everyone. We found peaceful tranquility, interesting conversations and experiences with our hosts, and a respite from the hectic pace of our daily lives that we were looking for. Our hosts were very accommodating -- the breakfast was healthy and delicious, and they even made a tray for my sleeping partner to eat at his convenience. Yoga in the studio was a part of the early morning offerings. The gardens were peaceful, the maze weeded and well-maintained, the tub on the cliff was accessible -- an absolutely amazing experience to soak in bubbles while looking out on the sea with a stream bubbling over the cliff before a chilling dip into the ocean. Yes, there was a spider in the room -- but this is a natural occurrence, and speaks to the hosts peaceful non-aggressive way of life. I'd rather not stay in a place where there are harsh cleansers used to clean and sterilize, and the wild life is destroyed with pesticides. I'd highly recommend Serenity By the Sea to the those who love nature and long for a peaceful get-away.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Victoria, BC, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

This was the nicest place I've ever stayed. The house was a lovely creation. I had never stayed in a B&B before so it was a little awkward for me but I highly recommend this little getaway to anyone who is lucky enough to call this place home for a few nights.

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

My husband and I went to Serenity in the fall 2008 originally. The owners of the retreat were away and there was a lovely young man taking care of the property. We stayed in the Sunrise Suite and were very content. Pancake breakfast and coffee with homemade almond milk was served to us, and we were made to feel most welcome lounging in the back chairs and amongst all their instruments and books. We purchased a nice cd from them , a band called OKA that frequently stays at the retreat as well. I liked that there was wifi in the main house ..... it was nice to be able to check my email during my stay. There was an incredible sunset the first night we arrived, took many photographs and reconnected with the natural beauty and sensuality of being so close to the ocean ! The abundance of firewood back at the chalet kept us toasty and happy !

We went back earlier this month for a 2 night stay in the Seaview Haven Chalet. Amazing views from the bedroom, deck, and we really got into the cooking this time around which is why I know i will go back to the chalet as it was fabulous having a range stove and oven / full fridge on hand. We did turn the refrigerator off at times and put perishables in our cooler because we wanted the complete and utter silence .... one of our favorite parts about being there was just soaking in the silence (we live on a very busy street .....)

Only thing I missed was having a bathtub in the chalet, which they have in the sunrise suite. But the shower was sufficient, as we bathed in the cliffside tub~ When you are LOOKING at the tub it seems like it is lacking privacy, but when you are in it, you realize you are totally hidden by the bushes and trees surrounding it. We spent a good hour and a half in the tub........ it Fits two comfortably .....The fragrant mint growing all around, and the complimentary natural bubble bath really made the mineral soak memorable.

I would recommend Serenity to anybody who wants a quiet peaceful inspiring "time out". We are already planning our next trip back .......

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Serenity by the Sea Retreat? Share your experiences!