“Great Food & Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great Food & Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Hidden away is a beautiful building lovingly decorated and well maintained

We had a very warm welcome and were immediately led to our table

The menu was extensive and the food was excellent

The prices were very reasonable and the service was excellent

• Visited March 2013

“Last minute curry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Rang at 7 to book a table for me and hubby that night, no problem getting us in. On arrival we were shown to our table and a few minutes later we brought the menus. Lots of choice, chefs specials and the usual Indian dishes. The prawn puri was lovely and so was the lamb gosht, spiced up a little for my taste. The only down side was where our table was positioned, front of house, at times we felt surrounded by people either collecting their orders or waiting for a table. On reflection a table in the room at the back (the posh bit apparently) might be better next time.The service was good and the waiter who took our order was very helpful. We will return.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Staffordshire Uk
“Best Indian Restaurant in the World”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is our favourite Indian restaurant in the world, bar none. We have been eating here for ages and never, ever had a bad meal. The service is friendly and helpful. The ambience is contemporary and relaxing. The food is fantastic; light, fresh, fragrant and soooo tasty.

Don't look any further, just try it. You will not regret it.

Rugeley, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service, nice place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

After having cycled past it, I decided to give The Barn Indian at Draycott in the Clay a visit at a later date. The restaurant is nicely situated in the countryside just outside the village. There is also a 'pub style' bar that is kinda separate (yet in a way part of) the restaurant that anyone can use. There is a waiting lounge with easy chairs and a reasonable view across the car park towards trees. The restaurant itself comprises two rooms; a smaller one (next to the bar) and a much larger one at the back of the building. The layout, decor and furniture is pleasing and nicely finished off with a large palm plant and banana tree. Music was 'proper' old style Indian music, and not (to me) the less desirable dance version or even Robbie Williams and co that gets played in some of the new style fusion restaurants. That original Indian music is like Pavlov's dogs to me! I didn't have a starter I went for a couple of poppadoms and chutney tray. The poppadoms were crisp, fresh and tasty, and at £4 for just two with chutney, they should be. I went for a regional punjabi main course comprising chicken with chunky onions, peppers and potatoes. The sizzler style dish is served 'dry' (though don't be put off it's actually quite a juicy dish) and was very tasty. Cost was £12.50 I recall without rice. I added a Taka Dahl side and keema rice. The main course was very tasty as was presentation and service. The keema rice was perhaps lacking in mince, but was not over-greasy as some often are. The Taka Dahl was little disappointing not really being like a traditional one as I have made several times and bought hundreds of times; a little bland and lacking in character.
That lot was accompanied by a couple of Cobra beers that were in excellent shape. I finished off with a Gaelic Coffee that was very nice. Certain parts of the meal were overpriced in my opinion, namely the poppadoms and chutney, and the main course. The latter, at £12.50 was the same kind of price you would pay for a nice steak and while I'm not doing a direct comparison, I'm struggling to see why a glorified chicken stir fry was so expensive, nice though it was. My bill for popping out for a curry was £34.70 for just myself. All in all, a nice restaurant, lovely tasty, fresh food and polite, attentive service. All that goes a long way in my book.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent in every way cost and quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

This is a perfect place for a special occasion or a night out for a one off. Beautiful tasty food very busy and a full car park all signs of a great night and great meal. The food was tasty and did not lack in spice or quality to satisfy all the family korma kept nan happy and saag aloo/ chicken Tika tandoori also loverly the buffet allows you to help yourself to a bit of everything not limiting you to one dish!!!

• Visited August 2013