“Much better than last time” 4 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN Willowbank Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   340 Wilmslow Road, Fallowfield M14 6AF, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fallowfield
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Much better than last time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here a few months ago and left a less than wonderful review. This time my stay has been much better: Check-in was efficient and I was given a good room. Breakfast was better as well. I didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening so can't comment on that.
You can probably get better value for money elsewhere but this is really convenient for the Christie Hospital and local pubs / restaurants, so I'll continue to use use the Willowbank.

Room Tip: 19 is good
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
WillowBankManager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Willowbank Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Perlogalism

Thank you for once again taking the time to review your stay with us, I am thrilled that on this occasion we had improved since your last stay.
On behalf of all the time may I say that we look forward to welcoming you again when you next visit Manchester.

Neill Stockill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I arrived late on the Tuesday night and was stopping for 2 nights there was nowhere to park however if you went to reception you can park for £5 a night underneath the hotel in a locked car park so I did this. You could ring a bell for someone to collect your luggage as you have to go up quite a few stairs. They will even take it to ur room but I was on the first floor this hotel has no lifts. I then found the dinning room to which you are escorted to your table the food was very good I had steak well done and it was perfect. The staff were really friendly and asked if everything was ok. I was given a free drinks voucher also for the 2 nights do even better. I think they deserve their 3 * as everywhere was clean and tidy and the rooms had everything you needed

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Livero

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent say with us here at BEST WESTERN Willow Bank Hotel,
Thank you for your kind comments with regards to the hotel and our team, I will be sure to pass on your comments.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

hull
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We booked this due to location, close to sons student digs when visiting him for few days.
Location: fabulous - in centre of Fallowfield, close to lots of shops, sainsburys, take aways, pubs etc.. students paradise!
There were other hotels which were cheaper but we chose this average priced hotel due to reviews on this site.
Room: allocated Rooom no. 50 - on slightly small side but decor nice all the same, view overlooked mcdonalds drive-in! whichcouldnt be helped, but we did hear cars coming through during the night and early for breakfasts.
Bathroom: looked modern, appeared clean UNTIL we found that shower didnt work, barely dripping water , so opted to get a bath in morning, then when in different angle. ie: laid down. the perspective of cleanliness changed, the shower screen lip and the handles to get in and out of bath were black with mould and not cleaned as well as rest of the room.
obviously only top coat cleaning done.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
WillowBankManager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Willowbank Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Favhull

thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the BEST WESTERN Willow Bank Hotel, I am pleased that your stay was comfortable and that on the whole your stay was a positive one.

I have spoken with Our Head Housekeeper with your concerns about bathroom cleanliness. We have also had our plumber improve the water pressure to this bathroom.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stay here regularly on business trips to Manchester. Food is okay but not brilliant. Rooms are clean and well serviced and any problems are dealt with promptly. It does suffer from one major drawback - it is not disabled friendly. You are first confronted by a staircase to get to reception with no obvious alternative route. Then once in the hotel, access to the restaurant is via another staircase. It is however, on the main road into the centre of Manchester with plenty of buses passing the door. There is a small unsecured car park at the front of the hotel and a secured car park at the rear.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms above the kitchen area - you will get disturbed early in the morning -especially in the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
WillowBankManager, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Willowbank Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel after your recent stay with us.
I am pleased that you enjoy the hotel enough to stay regularly and that we make you comfortable during your stay.
I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Where do I start from walking though the door the service was second to none staff really helpful rooms great food top draw one small thing and u would say am picking abit the night porter was not that helpful when returning back after nite out

• Stayed October 2012
WillowBankManager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Willowbank Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Bluemooner1972

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that we made you comfortable during your stay.
I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future

Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I think that this is the cheapest solution that smn can get in manchester if we take under consideration that this is not a hostel and its not really really far from the city centre.

The good things are that the rooms are decent and the staff is polite and helpfull.Also the rates were not that expensive( compared to others not objectively)

The bad things are that the hotel does not have a lift therefor u will need to be in a good shape to curry ur luggage as by default all of the rooms are accessed by stairs.

Also the cleaning quality is below the average...but I ve seen worse....t was not sth that I couldnt stand.
The building is not well maintained and since the first night the toilet was blocked at 5 in the morning and we waited until the next morning(as we were excausted) without being able to use it for a plummer to fix it.
Also there was no brush next to the toilet but the toilet was not really clean by the time I arrive....but still not sth that I wouldnt tolerate....

in general I would say that it is not a bad accomodation but if u find sth cheaper so not be impressed by the photos as I do not think that they give the general picture...but I wouldnt exclude the possibility to go back again if I had no other choice for the same money...

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Stavhel

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at The Willow Bank Hotel, It is very pleasing to hear your comments with relation to the team here, I will be sure to pass on your comments.
However I am concerned to hear your comments in relation to cleanliness as we pride ourselves on offering a good quality,comfortable and clean three star accommadation, I apologise if your room wasn't 100% for you on this visit, I will certainly speak with our Housekeeping Manager to ensure our usually high standards are maintained.
The toilet flush and toilet brush problems in the room inwhich you stayed have also now been rectified.
I do hope you will consider staying with us in the future, as we really would love the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Loughborough, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

On returning from this hotel once more, after visiting family in the city , i feel that i must comment on the level of excellent customer service we received. We stayed in a family room with our two teenage daughters and had a spacious room with more than adequate facilities, the room was very comfortable and nicely decorated and very clean. Check in was speedy and pleasant and nothing is ever too much trouble, you only need to ask! Service in the restaurant was excellent and although we did not eat an evening meal this time , breakfast was speedy and enough of everything that caters for all tastes. GREAT value for money and are very much looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
WillowBankManager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Willowbank Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Benita Y

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your most recent stay with us, it is always great to get constructive reviews from all of our guests.
I'm so pleased that your stay was comfortable and positive, I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.

Neill Stockill

Been to BEST WESTERN Willowbank Hotel? Share your experiences!