“Hospitality has a name: Bankenveld House” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bankenveld House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Krugersdorp
Bankenveld House Bed & Breakfast
You added Bankenveld House Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
5 Michael Road | Chancliff, Krugersdorp 1751, South Africa   |
Ranked #1 of 24 Krugersdorp B&B and Inns
Antananarivo, Madagascar
“Hospitality has a name: Bankenveld House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

If you want to discover what South Africa holds for its visitors go to Bankenveld House. You'll find a beautiful landscape, a home that embodies the traditional and very modern South Africa, healthy meals you won't find in restaurant, and this very special couple who in addition to their wonderful hospitality will share with you enlightened insiders' views of the country. Don't worry about the place being a little bit out of town: Karen and Tiene will find you nice and affordable touring and shuttle services. I should stop there otherwise some may think this is written as an advertisement. No, let me add one last piece: prices are more than fair.

Room Tip: Rooms for all tastes
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

What a wonderful gem, greeted and pampered, morning and night. Cooked a wonderful dinner, in a splendid stunning setting. Slept in a sumptuous big bed. We will be back, close to the Cradle and the perfect launch pad for us to do our crazy bike race. Thanks to Karen and Tiene, we powered up and down those hills.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

After arriving in Johannesburg for my 5 week secondment, I quickly asked around with friends for accomodation recommendations. Soon I had received 4 or 5 possible guesthouses and I immediately jumped in my car to scout these places out.
In my experience, you just know when you know. You know when you're going to enjoy your stay and feel at home.

Travelling for work is perhaps not that different in travelling for pleasure, in the sense that you want to have a good night's rest, a warm shower, a hearty breakfast and easy accessability to and from the operation or sight you want to see. And did Bankenveld exceed in each one or what......

The most beautiful room, the Suikerbossie, greeted me as I arrived very tired the following afternoon at the guesthouse. So tastefully decorated in soft greys, silver, taupe and touches of dark wood. A king size bed with crisp, clean linen and a glorious down duvet kept me warm every night, and having to get up at 05:00 every morning just didn't seem right.
Along with that I had a warm shower that seemed to never run out of hot water, in a bathroom(along with the room), worthy of gracing the pages of Home and Garden. Some nights I would treat myself to a glass of red wine, in the spa-bath while watching a golden oldie movie on the full Premier DSTv bouquet the guest house offers. Or sit on my deck outside my room with a cup of coffee while watching the sunset over the hills.

Breakfast was so generous, I never managed to have a bit of everything that was on offer. To the point where, the owners(Karen and Tienie, 2 of the most wonderful people) offered and packed my hot breakfast as a lunchpack.

Internet is not a problem at all, and after logging in to the Wi-fi connection that is available free of charge, I could skype and check emails without any problems. The guesthouse offered an enormous array of books in the library located in the foyer, and if snuggling up with a movie didn't grab me, I ran accross to scan through a book that had grabbed my attention that morning.

Bankenveld, I soon learned, is a natural shrubland much like Fynbos that is only found in the highlying parts of Gauteng and Mpumalanga. It has become endangered, so the beautiful nature views the guest house offers, showcases this beautiful grassland.

Towards the end of my stay, I had gotten on so well with the owners I was quite emotional leaving, but even though I shared the Standers' home with them for 5 weeks, I suspect they would have been equally kind, generous and supportive had I stayed 2 days or 6 months, because they are just like that.

I will most certainly recommend this establishment to any traveller, business, leisure or otherwise and definitely return there, because Bankenveld has become my tourist attraction in Krugersdorp and I want to share it with all the special people in my own life.

Room Tip: Definitely the White, Suikerbossie room I had
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

Sam and I enjoyed staying at Bankenveld House Bed & Breakfast in Krugersdorp West of Johannesburg. We were welcomed by generous couple, and they assisted us with carrying our luggage. As we enter the house, we were served with red wine and then shown where the room is.
The property is superb - beautiful leafy gardens, and lovely room (we had the king suite - HIGHLY recommended!). Our king suite room was modern and well equipped; bed and linen are excellent fit for a King! It is a home away from home, amidst bird song and lush green shrubbery. The bathroom design is magazine worthy with an open, modern floor plan with separate glass shower and oversized tub/ spa bath.
A complimentary tea/coffee service is in-room along with hot chocolate, gourmet chocolates, and delicious tea biscuits and rusks. The property owners, Karen and her husband are knowledgeable and extremely hands on and helpful and it was an absolute pleasure to deal with them.
My favorite champagne *Peach Royale* was served and the fire was already going, peace and quite environment that makes you enjoy the beauty and goodness of life again.
A delicious dinner was served - mouth-watering pasta as starter and main course delicious Oxtail, fresh pumpkin and mash and the dessert was yummy……
In sum, we loved the property, interior and exterior is Exquisite, loved the service, food was tasty and loved Karen and husband for treating and looking after Sam and I intensely. We wouldn't stay anywhere else!

We are looking forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: king suite - HIGHLY recommended!
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

From the moment I arrived, until I left the next morning after a scrumptious breakfast, I was spoiled rotten.
As I drove onto the property it felt as if I left the buzz behind and escaped to a refreshing tranquility that’s almost unreal.
You will not find a kinder or more generous hostess easily! Karen made sure that I was looked after and was very attentive to my comfort & relaxation.
She even arranged a massage (the best one I’ve ever had – thank you B!) for me in the garden under a gazebo.
My room was awesome! Spotless, spacious, luxurious and exquisite.
WOW, Wow, wow! What an unforgettable stay I had!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

Arriving to the most generous people you will ever meet, Having a braai in the boma with drinks served, fire already going, and peace and quiet environment that makes you enjoy the beauty and goodness of life again. Interior and exterior of the place, rooms and garden is Excuisite! Being treated and looked after intensly and feeling like you are the only the guests is the greatest experience ever. The rooms are filled with love and effort and designed to enjoy the space, freedom and relaxation that you want for a weekend getaway. The food was prepared by order, variety was extremely looked after. Anything you need it was given by effortless kindness. I will recommend this place for any couple, single, family who enjoys nature and being spoiled! This was a fantastic experience and we look forward to see this place grow as this has become our favourite spot to relax!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Bankenveld House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!