“Amazing host and very dog friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Brandy Bank Guest House
West Woodburn, West Woodburn NE48 2RA, England   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stotfold, United Kingdom
“Amazing host and very dog friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We decided to book Brandy Bank as we wanted a truly dog friendly, yet comfortable B and B where we could rest after a long day of exploring and hiking. Michael and his home from home did not disappoint! From our first phone call Michael was very engaging and friendly, and as we arrived he rushed out, took our suitcases and then made us a pot of tea. Freddie our lurcher was made very welcome, and was allowed to be with us in the sitting room or remain in our room; whatever suited us. We decided to eat in the first night, as Michael's menu sounded lovely, and it truly was delicious. Due to this we ate a 3 course dinner for all the 3 nights of our stay and every single course was tasty and cooked to perfection, as was the breakfast. Michael was a fantastic host and couldn't do enough for us, even including filling up our flasks with filter coffee before we went out for the day, and giving us hot water bottles at night. We cannot recommend this b and b enough. Thanks Michael!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Garstang, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

We could not have had a warmer welcome..Michael the proprietor met us in the car park, showed us the most convenient place to park for the disabled room, carried our bags and settled us in the room, then despite the plentiful facilities in the room prepared a tray of tea for us.And so it continued, Michael goes well beyond the norm to help and make his guests as comfortable and happy as possible.
The disabled room is splendid,equipped with electric beds and a spacious wet room.As good as any 5 star hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I am writing on behalf of my parents. They stayed at brandy bank on Saturday 20th April for a wedding which was held at woodhill hall. They were absolutely overjoyed at the hospitality in which they received from mike, in what was such a pleasant and spotless venue. Mike could not have done more for them, providing transport to and from woodhill hall, and preparing an amazing breakfast in the morning. Rooms were spacious and comfortable, and other facilities were top class. I hope this is a help to people wanting to stay here and I hope, personally, that mike reads this. Thank you!!

• Stayed April 2013
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is the third time we have stayed at Brandy Bank. Each time we have visited, has been as good as the last and there is no doubt that we will be returning. The rooms are very well appointed and comfortable and from the moment Mike served us with our 'weary travellers' pot of tea in the lounge we were very well looked after. The evening meal was cooked by Mike and his personal touch was evident in what was a wonderful meal. The breakfast was also lovely and although we sat down with no intention of having a full cooked breakfast, we just could not resist the locally sourced and freshly cooked ingredients. We would say that you just don't stay at Brandy Bank - you experience it!! And it's an experience that would be very difficult for many other guest houses or small hotels to equal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Stonnall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had to go to Scotland very suddenly for a family funeral and stopped at Brandy Bank on way back. Michael was so helpful and warmed the house up for us, as it was really very cold. He gave us a beautiful meal and had beds warmed with hot water bottles for us. He could not have been more hospitable, and this is why we would never stay anywhere else on our way home to England. We would thoroughly recommend Brandy Bank to anyone. Jean and Bob Folks.

Room Tip: All rooms wonderful
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Coniston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have had a very bad year so returning to Brandy Bank was a little treat to myself. And what a treat it was!

I had only just pulled into the car park when Michael appeared, to welcome me and carry my bags to my room. A pot of my favourite tea was soon waiting for me in the warm comfy sitting room. My room was spotless and sheets provided for my dog.

Throughout my 4 night stay I can honestly say all the meals, dinner and breakfast, were delicious. Each time I returned from my walk in the afternoon, tea & biscuits beckoned me back into the sitting room.

I love this place and shall return again and again and again.

Thank you for putting the smile back onto my face.

Janice & Harlie (the dog)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Tonbridge, Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I recently used the Brandy Bank at West Woodburn and found it a very pleasant and satisfactory accommodation. My last visit there was in 1987 when it was then the Fox and Hounds and whilst there are still physical vestiges of the old place, the current venue is an unrecognisable improvement on that from all those years ago.
The rooms and service were second to none and the hospitality extended to me by the proprietor could not have been better. He even procured one of my distant relatives from the village population in response to an off the cuff remark about my ancestroral links to the area
The cost of accommodation was very good value for money and the quality of the breakfasts was excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Brandy Bank Guest House? Share your experiences!