“Travelodge, Walton on Thames” 1 of 5 stars

You added Travelodge Walton-On-Thames to your Saves list
Travelodge Walton-On-Thames
Ashley Park Road, Walton-On-Thames KT12 1JP, England   |
Cannock, United Kingdom
“Travelodge, Walton on Thames”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

UGH! just about sums up my 2 nights at this "hotel". Dated and grubby. No bath mats, yet a warning sticker about slippery floor in the bathroom, nowhere to get a proper breakfast (I politely declined the not-so-tempting "Breakfast Bag" and grabbed a Danish from Waitrose and a coffee from Starbucks in Weybridge. At one point, I thought the nam in the next room had moved in next to me, so loud was his tv, phone calls and snoring/coughing all night. Upon my arrival, the Receptionist decided to allocate me a "quiet room" which fronted the main Ashley Park road and was far from quiet. There were hairs in the shower, the shower controls were all broken and carpets in the room frayed. The interior decor of Battleship Grey walls and doors made me feel like I was staying on HMS Belfast. And the worst part of all ..... I prepaid for WiFi as I run my own business and had client work to do whilst on family business in the area. The WiFi didn't work and the hotel staff expected me to contact their IT company, at my own expense, to sort it out. Shocking!

I am hoping for a refund from Travelodge, and have advised that the hotel needs a facelift and the staff need training on Customer Services procedures.

I will not stay at this hotel again. Ever.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
LONDON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The whole place is a bit shabby and out of date (example real keys for bedrooms not electric cards) and old dated rooms. Furniture is old.

But for £48 a night it was what I needed. Compared to Sandown Race Course Lodge at £80 a night for the same standard its a good price.

Beware the traffic and its a busy area. Lots of takeaways locally in fact a whole road of them 1 mile away is 6mins in the car or 20 min walk.

For a night its OK. But not over inspired.; Saying that I WOULD stay again because I work at the Sandown race course and its a short hop to get there.

Room Tip: They are all a bit dated. It looks like a Battered womens hostel rather than a hotel chain so brace...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed on a sat night, little noise from the pub which is next to the lodge, but we were the other end. Staff friendly. Rooms small compared to normal, but more character. Bed was very comfortable, we both slept very well. Apart from the pub and railway station, there are no other places nearby to get food. We would recommend this lodge. Plenty of parking round the back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

As basic as Travelodge's are, they are just what you need for a nights stay. We chose it on location mainly being as it was 10 minutes drive from Brooklands Museum and being less than £40 a night it was well worth it! It was a clean hotel, had everthing in the room you could need and was a short driving distance to the centre and the M25. Overall, a typical Travelodge, nothing special but perfect for what we needed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Herford, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I am so relieved that we are here for just one night. The room is grubby, the curtains don't close properly, there is only one towel, the shower curtain is dire... I could go on but I'm depressing myself. Roll on check-out!
If you're considering staying in this place, just don't do it!

• Stayed September 2012
TravelodgeUK, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Walton-On-Thames, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Fiona642064,

Thank you for your post.

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment on this occasion.

We would like to fully investigate your concerns. To assist us, please visit our main Travelodge website and use the ‘Contact Us’ form to provide us with full details of your issues and your booking number.

We can then liaise with the Hotel Management team and provide a resolution.

Travelers are raving about these Walton-On-Thames hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

the hotel is above a bar with some rooms around the back over looking the car parl, the bar does serve food but is not attached to the hotel so breakfast is not served in the morning, unless you pre order a continental breakfast, ( we did, sorry to say) dont bother, better to visit mcdonalds in the high street. rooms are tired and not all that clean, equipment in the room was not great, and the shower was more of a trickle and not very hot.
The staff did try to help where possible when asked, and were happy to do so,
Price reflects what you get in this area of surrey, better to pay that extra and sleep in a better enviroment.

Room Tip: pay the little extra and stop at another hotel, if its a real cheap sleep you want, then this is for...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Have stayed 3 times (Because it was cheap). The reception staff are always helpful and pleasant.

I have learned now to take my own cleaning products to wash the shower, basin and bathroom floor etc. I don't think that the floors in the bathrooms have been washed in a very long time! Bath mats not provided so exiting the shower with wet feet can be a little tricky!

Showers seem to have been slightly refurbished with new tiles but old shower units which are not very well attached to the walls and the trays are tatty and there is nowhere to put shampoo etc other than on the floor. Heated towel rails don't work, presumably because the heating does not work.

The only member of cleaning staff we have seen is a man who comes knocking to replenish the room but does not speak or understand English!

Rooms are quite dark and depressing. Lights freqently don't work, You can only have ALL the lights on or off. No bedside lamp only facility. Beds reasonably comfortable but are far too low.

Had the same room twice in a year and the heating was not working on either occasion. First time an electric convector heater was brought up, which was still there when we visited 6 months later!

But as I said, it was cheapish and all we wanted was a bed and shower.

I would never stay if I could not get a deal.

Just hope Travelodge wake up and improve this site.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge Walton-On-Thames? Share your experiences!