“Excellent food & Cocktails” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ma'Jong

Ma'Jong
Unit 6 The Heart | New Zealand Avenue, Walton-On-Thames KT12 1AD, England (Formerly Glo Restaurant and Bar)
01932 222 004
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Ma’Jong is a stunning blend of stylish cocktail bar and fusion restaurant, located in The Heart, Walton on Thames. The contemporary interior design is the ideal setting for sampling the delights of our infamous cocktail list.Our menu has been designed to make you, all your friends and family feel at home. We incorporate the highest quality ingredients in all our dishes because we think that this is what makes the difference between the ordinary and the extraordinary. There are many delicious dishes on the menu, for a range of tastes and occasions. Make sure you try our Robata Grilled Sea Bass Fillet with Assam Curry – simply amazing!
Hythe, United Kingdom
“Excellent food & Cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I visited Ma'jong yesterday afternoon with my partner (Saturday 10th November) and was pleasantly surprised with the food and drinks,
We had Duck rolls & Ma'jong king prawns to start and it we both said they were best starters we've ever had, and we've had a few!!
I had the Miso steak and singapore noodles, the steak was nicely cooked and the noodles were lovely, i didn't need the chilli chips that came with it, my partner had the seas bass grilled on banana leaves, again this was cooked to perfection and looked fantastic on the plate
We washed all this down with singapore slings and cosmopolitans finished off with the lemon & elderflower dessert to share, which again was beautifully presented and tasted fab,
We will defiantly be going back.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

48% Recommend
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Ma Jong Walton on Thames”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I visited this restaurant on a Tuesday evening with two friends. The atmosphere and ambience was very relaxed and we decided to treat ourselves to cocktails and a steak on the stone and boy was it worth it!! The cocktails are so Moreish that I could easily have drank three or four and the steak was superb - served with a Jack Daniels marinade that turned quite caramellly when a piece of steak was dipped into it and then finished off on the stone. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. The staff were very pleasant and very knowledgeable about the menu. Simply a great evening and place to go.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Nice change”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Ate here a coupe of weeks ago. It was mid week and place was quiet. Food and service were ok but not the best. Would try again but maybe go with a few friends to keep me company.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Trip to majong...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The cocktails were delightful! The live music with a jazzy twist on modern songs gave it a really nice atmosphere! The service was nice and speedy. When the food came, we were amazed to see that we would be cooking our own steak on a hot plate. Exciting! I was especially pleased because it meant I could make my steak the way I wanted it.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Walton-On-Thames, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've eaten inside and also had a take away too!The satay was out of this world!! The portions could be better for take away?

Visited November 2012