“Value accommodation” 3 of 5 stars

Got a photo?
Add it.
You added Mount Pleasant Holidays to your Saves list
Mount Pleasant Holidays
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Mount Pleasant Farm, Mount PL30 4EX, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Mount B&B and Inns
Croydon, United Kingdom
“Value accommodation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Overall, we thought the B&B provided good value for a peak summer break. Very homely setting. Bedrooms were cleaned everyday, but beds were poor quality spring mattresses that need replacement - the single bed springs were so sharp that I was almost scratched by it. Owners were cooperative with special requests on using the kitchen fridge. The bathrooms had no shower, no toiletries (except a hand wash) and sadly no bath mats. Games room a bit dated with a few coin operated games - some worked, some didn't. Had a decent size swimming pool we did not use. We too went for the laterooms deal that was without breakfast - paid £7.50 per head on day 1. We quickly switched to having our breakfast for day 2 and 3 at the nearest Asda cafe (Asda Bodmin 6 miles away). The biggest drawback was the location. The nearest food joint was a pub 2 miles away, The location was 25 minutes from the nearest A road (A30) and involved difficult country road driving getting there. We got used to it by the end of the stay - but I still have nightmares of someone stopping us as we treaded uphill on a blind corner. Overall, I would still recommend this B&B - we felt OK being there despite some of the inconveniences mentioned above.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Kent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I booked a room with LateRooms. I realised I had booked room only but could buy a breakfast for £7.50 - choose the night before. I went for the Full English (what else?!) with Cornish hog's pudding and free range egg. Enough to choose from from the buffet - all the usual, juice, cereal, yoghurt, fruit and make your own toast. Breakfast is 8-8.30 but you can help yourself from the buffet items from 7am.
I had a lovely cream tea on arrival and they sold free range eggs and they would do a packed lunch for a reasonable price, great if you were out walking or for a beach picnic.
My case was taken up the steep stairs (much like mine at home) which was appreciated. I thought that the owners were welcoming and helpful. I did read on a review site that there was a pool and a games room but I didn't see anything related to them so check on booking. I certainly wouldn't expect such facilities at the price I paid to be honest but I did wonder about the 'extras'.
The location was lovely - off the beaten track but only about a ten minute drive along the lanes to get to 'civilisation', no noise apart from chickens and a cockerel and birdsong. You could sit in the garden or in the conservatory - delightful.
My room was clean ....perhaps a little dust but it's an old farmhouse... and had all the basics. Decent en-suite shower - It's 3 star and that's fair; I did feel I got value for money. Although not at all damp (my windows were open and my room was fresh) I thought that there was a musty smell in the conservatory...that would be my only negative as, for the money I paid it was absolutely fine.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Good cooked breakfast, close vicinity to fantastic Bodmin Moor made our short break. The room we occupied was big enough but I wouldn't say it was spotlessly clean though.
The B&B is a good value for money. Would recommend it as a great escape from a noisy city.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

Warm friendly welcome, very attentive to guest's needs owner's went that extra mile.
Rooms spotlessly clean good decor very comfortable beds nice thick mattress, ensuites fabulous with lots of hot water which never ran cold on you.
Cooked breakfast was excellent, everything available cereal, toast brown or white, jam, marmalade, orange juice, yoghurt, fresh fruit.
Ideal location 30 mins drive to Eden Project, beaches nearby, short walk onto Bodmin Moor. We had an excellent stay 2days B&B would reccomend 100% very reasonable prices. Thankyou for making our stay an excellent one.

Room Tip: Double and twin room both lovely view peaceful and quiet