“An ideal B & B” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Manor Farm Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Manor Farm Bed and Breakfast
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Silver Lane, West Challow, Wantage OX12 9TJ, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 West Challow B&B and Inns
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“An ideal B & B”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We received a very friendly welcome and were offered the choice of two rooms, one of which had a sitting room. We chose the latter which had a spacious bedroom and a small bathroom. The breakfast was excellent and a complete lack of pretention made for an excellent one night stay.

Room Tip: Ask if you want a bath and not a shower. The choice is available.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed here with my sister the night before my wedding and from the first enquiry phone call until the final goodbye, Rob and Sarah were just the best. I could not fault anything at all. The house is just stunning with such great oldy woldy decor - we were in the Churchill Suite - best bed ever! Sarah offered to host a meal for us/friends the night before the wedding but sadly I could not take her up on this due to prior arrangements. Nothing was too much for them. Breakfast was amazing - as a nervous bride, I didnt think I'd want to eat.......ha ha - what a joke that was.....fresh fruit salad, full english, cereals, jams......
I lost my car key (parked at Manor Farm) and was going on honeymoon the next day - again, nothing is a problem - I left my car with Sarah and Rob for almost a month until I could get back to collect it.
Really and truely - such a gem of a place and I am definitely going back. Lovely chats with Sarah and Rob, great night sleep, great breakfast, lovely building & grounds, perfect place to spend the morning of my wedding - I will never forget it and I am definitely coming back guys..........just wait!!!

Room Tip: There was no swimming pool or fitness centre but if there was it would be 5 circles! Churchill Suit...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at the Manor Farm House with my husband and two children during a weekend at Oxford. It was ideal for us because there is a suite with a beautiful bedroom up under the rafters of the attic and an adjoining sitting room with two double sofa beds (and ensuite). The place is completely charming. Rob was born and raised there and knows a lot of history of the house and the area. They're very hospitable, generous and relaxed hosts. We had a great breakfast (extra good fresh fruit salad!) and then spent an hour or so playing in the wonderful gardens. This is a comfortable, friendly, clean place. Great value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed at Manor Farm on our way home as we had been holidaying in the west of England.Rob was very welcoming & showed us to our room. Unfortuneately there had been a mix up & we didn't get the room we had requested. Rob was so apologetic & actually let us stay for free. The house was very old & the bedrooms had a lot of character. The room we had (Lambourne) was quite querky with a lovely roll top bath. The bedroom was clean & the bed very comfy. It was very cold outside but our room soon warmed up with xtra heating provided This is a working farm so entrance hall was not the cleanest & the stair carpets could have done with a bit of a clean but our room , dining room were clean so no problem. Rob booked us a table at a local pub which was excellent & we really enjoyed our stay. Will definitely return if we go west again. The breakfast was very good too!!

Room Tip: All quite different but charming in their own way
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I arrived after a long haul flight, was shown my room and the 4 poster bed was so comfortable I slept for 5 hrs. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was modern and the hot water plentiful at night but if there were a lot of guests, was cool in the morning if you were up late. The hosts pleasant. The breakfast was very good and made to order. The manor is set in beautiful farmland, very quiet. A beautiful old building.I had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband, two dogs and I have just spent a wonderful Easter weekend at Manor Farm. We arrived on Saturday afternoon and were given a warm welcome on a freezing day by Rob Raines. The log fire in the front room was roaring, and Rob told us to come down in ten minutes for a cup of tea. We went up to our room (The Churchill Suite) and it was delightful. Two large rooms, warm and bright. Our bed was very large and very comfortable, with a thick, snuggly duvet and wonderful pillows. The bathroom has a shower with plenty of power and hot water, and guests are provided with large bath sheet towels. Having deposited our bags in the room, we went downstairs for our cup of tea, and were very pleasantly surprised to find the accompanied by a choice of cakes and scones with cream and jam, all home made. Rob made sure we were comfortable, then left us to it. There is a lovely, quirky feeling to Manor Farm, and Rob and Sarah make sure that it feels like a home from home. There is no reception desk and no signs anywhere, and guests are welcome to wander around the house and grounds and to use the front room whenever they like. Breakfast is served in the delightful 'Blue Room', is cooked to order and the coffee comes in a cafetiere. My husband, who is one of the world's biggest tea snobs, said the tea was delicious. I am one of the world's biggest coffee snobs, and this coffee was also very good. There is a choice of cereals and a large bowl of fresh chopped fruit, and a toaster for guests to make as much toast as they like. There is a choice of jams and sauces, including honey made at Manor Farm.

We had our two dogs with us, and again they were welcomed and never deemed a nuisance. When Rob showed us into the front room after we arrived, one of our dogs went and peed on the carpet. Instead of getting annoyed, Rob told us not to worry and that he would take care of it. We wouldn't hear of it and cleaned it ourselves, but this reaction made a very favourable impression on us within the first ten minutes of being there (this, in addition to the tea that was spread out before us!).

Manor Farm is a very relaxed and quirky place to stay, and we just loved it. Rob was so very helpful, including booking dinner for us at a pub which he knew welcomed dogs, and suggesting local walks and things to do. This is a 1725 Queen Anne house, so it has nooks and crannies, beams and small doors and uneven floors. Those of you who prefer characterless modern hotels, this is not the place for you. For those who like character and something a bit different, then I can't recommend Manor Farm highly enough. We hope this will be the first of many visits to come. Many thanks to the Raines for making us so welcome, and for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a large bed.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Tucked away but accessible, the proprietors are delightful and very welcoming. Nothing is too much trouble and as racing enthusiasts the nearby Lambourn Valley is easily reached as are the stunningly beautiful scenes from White Horse Hill. Magical. Thanks both

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Manor Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!