“Great all round!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Falkirk - Larbert

Premier Inn Falkirk - Larbert
You added Premier Inn Falkirk - Larbert to your Saves list
Premier Inn Falkirk - Larbert
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Glenbervie Business Park - Bellsdyke Road, Larbert FK5 4EG, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Larbert
“Great all round!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed here overnight as I was at a wedding just up the road from it which was a five star hotel. I was very impressed with it! Staff were excellent, cant say enough. Maureen there was a star, really friendly when I spoke to her twice on the phone and a great laugh when I was waiting on a taxi. I knew that I was going to a high class venue for a wedding but here it was very clean, fresh and comfortable. Very spacious too. Just excellent. Will be remembered if I need to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed here recently as we were attending a wedding a little way up the road.

The room was hot, stuffy (no air con) and dated. The staff were friendly enough and the breakfast the next morning next door was excellent.

I complained to Premier Inn and as promised, my money was refunded with no quibbles which was excellent. The staff did mention to us that the hotel was due a refurbishment but to be honest, a demolition would perhaps be more appropriate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Falkirk - Larbert, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your review.

It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this.

We are well aware of the issue of high room temperatures. Air conditioning units being installed in our hotels is a work in progress and implemented into our estate on a priority basis.

In the meantime the management team at the hotel have done all they can to help reduce room temperatures.

Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be fully investigated.

Once again thank you for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina
Social Media Team,

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

provided a good quality room,clean comfortable night.quiet night following an horrendous journey from the south, arrived too late to take advantage of any facilities from the outside inn although from previous visit this was no bad thing last visit to the bar was not a totally enjoyable experience
The low position of the TV meant that you cannot see the screen when in bed not relaxing.
The low water pressure from the shower was a frustration, none of these niggles would stop me choosing this hotel when in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Hotel excellent as usual. But the restaurant......... I read the previous reviews but decided to put my head in anyway. It was very much as the other reviews suggested. Grubby, less than welcoming staff. We did not stay. Plenty of decent places to eat around Stirling and Falkirk. Best avoided. Why are the Scottish Premier restaurants so poorly run and staffed compared to the English ones?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Falkirk - Larbert, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for your review.

Please accept my apologies for the poor service you received in the restaurant.
Your comments regarding this have been duly noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at the hotel.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina
Social Media Team

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.
Blackpool, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Very friendly staff. Usual excellent quality of rooms you would expect from Premier Inn. Only dowside is the "Outside Inn" chain that run the restaurant / pub next door. Asked for a pint of lager was asked which I would like out the 3 on offer. The 1st 2 I picked they had run out of so they only in fact had 1 to offer. Went through fro a meal on curry night. 1st one I asked for they did not have any. My advise atay at the hotel but eat at the Beef Eater attached to the Premier Inn just down the road in Falkirk itself.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Elgin, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Premier Inn provided a quality room and I was able to get a good night's sleep. A shame the next morning was spoiled by a poor breakfast. Near the Premier Inn was the "Outside Inn". A lukewarm reception seated me near the door in an almost empty dining room. I was offered a cooked breakfast which I ordered, and then went to look at the continental selection. The first thing I noticed was the little tuperware-like tub of coffee granules of an indeterminate brand, the next thingI noticed were the flies. So any flies happily hopping from uncovered croissants to muffins to cereals. There were flies around the uncovered fruit offerings too. I decided to skip that and just have a cooked breakfast. Well my meal arrived, a poached egg(nice) a single sausage (not nice) and the greasiest rasher of bacon ever. But there were lashings of baked beans (over cooked ) and watery mushrooms alongside the hash brown to fill the plate. I think the warm tomato (one) was supposedly a grilled tomato, but I couldn't be sure. The meal bore little resemblance to the beautiful breakfast pictured on the menu.
I complained to the waiter, but he just laughed when I said the meal was poor. I left and the lovely staff at the Premier Inn refunded my breakfast charge. Well done Premier Inn, shame on you Outside Inn. I left a message on their Facebook page. I hope they read it too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Have stayed here a few times and have always been impressed by the friendly staff and the welcome, they are always happy to do whatever they can for you. The Outside Inn is OK but variable, staff are always friendly and helpful but the food is not always brilliant, although those taking advantage of the two for one offers can do very well. They also offer a menu for Diamond Club (Over-50s) members and a two-course meal for £6.95 is good value.
Overall, I would always suggest staying here as the hotel is cheap, clean, friendly and a short distance from the railway station. As for the Inn, I may have been unlucky as several friends have always enjoyed their meals there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Premier Inn Falkirk - Larbert? Share your experiences!