“Just OK” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Save Saved
You added Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol to your Saves list
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Schiphol Boulevard 701, Schiphol 1118 BN, The Netherlands   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - From €93
Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in Schiphol
Krasnodar, Russia
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

The hotel is quite old, and the owners do not invest any many there, as the new Hilton is being build in front of existing (that I supposed will be scrapped). Rooms are very small. Restaurant is average, teppanyaki is worth trying at least for some entertainment

Room Tip: 8th floor is the best
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Desi J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review at Tripadvisor, you have marked your stay with 3 stars which shows us that you experiences overall a pleasant stay.

Thank you for your compliments towards our Teppanyaki table experience!

Indeed a new 433-room Hilton hotel will be developed at Schiphol airport, to replace the existing hotel, with the opening scheduled for 2015. The new hotel will be build next to our current Hilton hotel and we will operate until the new Hilton Hotel opens in 2015.

For the coming years we will do our utmost to make sure our guests have a hassle free and enjoyable stay with us in a clean and comfortable hotel with a good selection of outstanding food & beverage facilities and great service.

Looking forward to your next stay with us, upon that visit please inform me by a private message in order I can personally prepare your arrival and making sure you will receive a larger room.

845 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Korean first
barnsley, england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

As always for a Hilton, this hotel was spotless with excellent staff, who were friendly, helpful, and informative. The service that I received on my overnight stop was perfect.
However, the reason that Ihave not given it a '5' rating is the access to the hotel.
The website indicated that it was a short walk to the hotel from the Airport and that it was good signs indicating the way to the hotel. I tried 3 people (including the Airport Information Desk) before I found a route to the hotel. After a 20 minute walk through car park areas with minimal signs, I eventually found the hotel with the very great help of a cleaner in the carpark! There was a shuttle bus advertised on the website but no obvious sign for a telephone to call the hotel to arrange for a collection. The return shuttle to the airport from the hotel on the shuttle was faultless. I would suggest that anyone not wishing to make this walk to advise the hotel of your flight number and prebook collection (not suggested on the website). It is not the hotel's fault but the hotel shuttle bus stands were not clear once the terminal was exited.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Hilton Schiphol Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review at Tripadvisor. Thank you for your compliments towards our service and we are pleased to notice that you experienced a comfortable stay.

However, I have also noticed your notes with regards to the walkway to our hotel, much to my regret to read that you could not find the hotel immidiately.

To reach our hotel please follow the signages from the arrival terminal, you will walk through the parking terminal (above the car park) and at the end of this terminal you will notice our hotel.

Or indeed our complimentary shuttle bus runs every 15 minutes, the shuttle bus stop is located outside the arrival terminal.

I look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back with us in the hotel upon a future visit to the Schiphol area.

Penarth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I was very satisfied with this hotel. It met all of my expectations and more. I was particularly impressed with the fact that this was an airport hotel and I never heard any planes during my stay. I also ate in the restaurant and was impressed with the quality and service of the meal etc.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review at Tripadvisor to inform other guests about your excellent experience.

We are pleased to read that you had a most comfortable stay with us in the hotel, thank you for your compliments towards the sound proofed windows. Also your compliments towards the quality and service in our Restaurant are most appreciated, in the meantime we have shared your experiences with our team.

We do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back with us in the hotel upon a future visit to the Schiphol area.

Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I visit this hotel about 1 time every year, before an early flight. Staff is very friendly and efficient. Hotel is to be replaced by new hotel, construction in full swing at same location. Even in this situation, everything is well maintained. Bathrooms a bit small and dated I think, but this will be fine when new hotel is opened. Efficient shuttlebus to departure area of Amsterdam airport

Room Tip: can not think of any tip
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review at Tripadvisor, this is highly appreciated!

I am pleased to notice that you as loyal Hilton Schiphol Guest experienced a most comfortable stay with us.

We look forward to your next stay with us in the hotel!

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Easy to walk to from Schipol. Low price rooms are definitely small but still comfortable. When spending all day in Amsterdam no need for a big expensive room but you do lose out on space with the lesser room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read your review with your positive notes regarding the comfort of our hotel. I do hope that you had a most pleasant experience within the netherlands and the City of Amsterdam.

We offer different rooms all in the same price-structure, I would like to apologize that we have not offered you a slightly larger room.

Looking forward to your next stay with us!

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

This is a business hotel for people that have no choice but meet here for business or await a connecting flight. The hotel is dated, has small tatty rooms and that depressing décor that makes you feel that they should put Prozac next to the kettle and coffee. The in hotel food is, well typical hotel chain mediocrity at exorbitant prices. The breakfast at almost 30 Euro is absurd and the cost of the internet (which in a business hotel that costs 200 Euro a night should be included) is also outrageously expensive. Choose an alternative hotel if you can.

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review, unfortunately we could not offer you a most enjoyable stay for which I regret.

We are indeed an excellent located airport hotel and we strive to provide our guests a high quality of service.

I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back with us as I am convinced we can change your perception of our hotel by giving you the high level of service we are normally so proud to deliver.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Great location walking distance from terminal. Rooms are well sound protected and very quiet. Some oddities to Hilton standards though. The towels in bathroom. Are suitable for small children not grown adults. I've never seen such skimpy towels in decades of travel and never at a Hilton. The shower soap also was not the Hilton norm though they did gave some of the Peter Roth products. My room was small but functional. The attraction is the location. They are building a new Hilton next door and hopefully they will spend the money to update some of the tiredness if this property and provide the same Amenities expected and received at Hilton's worldwide. Location location location. That about says it all.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review at Tripadvisor, your feedback is highly appreciated!

I am pleased to notice that you have experienced overall a convenient stay with us. Much to my regret to read your notes with regards to the towels, we certainly do offer high quality large towels within all our rooms. I would like to apologize that probably your room was slipped through, in the meantime I have informed the responsible department head involved to prevent this from happening in the future.

Upon a possible future stay and you require service, please contact our Service Desk, available 24--hours to make sure your stay will be most comfortable.

Desi Janson

Been to Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol? Share your experiences!