I was disappointed by the hotel. It is indeed a little out of date and the rooms are tiny (and no glasses or conditioner in the bathroom?) but the main issue was the service. Ok, it's the Netherlands (I know, I've lived there) but it's an international hotel in an international airport, so this is not excuse.
It took me forever to reach room service and they were very defensive when I asked how quick they could be (although to be fair, the answer was thoroughly documented), then again, I had to try several times every time I wanted to get through to guest services.
Breakfast was ok and the restaurant staff was nice, but the reception ladies during the day were downright unpleasant, and not really happy that I disturbed their little girly chat to ask if I could leave my luggage somewhere for the morning.
I'll go to the Sheraton next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located right at the airport, Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol hotel is just a 5-7 minute walk from the terminals via a covered walkway. The hotel is located next to the World Trade Centre Schiphol with quick access to the business district at the Amsterdam Zuid. The city center of Amsterdam can easily be reached by train in less than 20 minutes or by car in approximately 15 minutes. All Guest Rooms at this airport hotel are soundproofed and feature black-out blinds for a restful night's sleep. Choose an Executive Room for Executive Lounge access with complimentary breakfast, high tea, snacks and drinks. Enjoy an exciting dining experience at the Teppanyaki Table, and watch seafood and meat dishes being prepared right before your eyes. Unwind in the inviting Greenhouse Restaurant, decorated in warm amber tones, and be spoilt for choice with the delicious fixed price a la carte menu. Enjoy the Indonesian buffet, served in the Greenhouse Restaurant every Wednesday, with delicious Indonesian specialties. Savor light snacks or a Hilton Burger and wind down with a cocktail at the end of a long working day in the Stopover Bar. The hotel offers complimentary WiFi in all public areas. Book a business meeting in one of the 16 bright meeting rooms, or enjoy complimentary refreshments in the Executive Lounge. Guests can also use the fully equipped business center, offering a range of convenient amenities such as photocopying and secretarial services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Hotel Haarlemmermeer
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton
- Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Haarlemmermeer