Normally we don't stay in 4 or 5 star hotels, but Hilton were offering a discount (118 euros for a double with wifi and full breakfast) and its within walking distance of the arrival hall. We had already come from Budapest and faced 32 hours to Sydney via North America (not recommended) so I thought a good night's sleep versus getting up at 3AM to make an 0630 flight from Budapest to Schiphol made sense. And so it did.
You can get to the hotel either by their van or walk provided you know the way. We only had two bags so decided to walk. Basically you need to know you can't see the Hilton from the Arrival Hall because its behind the Sheraton but there are actually signs to the Hilton and World Trade Centre so look for a covered ramp from where you go to the trains (tracks 1/2) and keep following that. We found at the end one sign was wrong but it was pretty obvious to go outside and down the stairs or elevator then again the signs written on the pavement are wrong but at this point you can see the Hilton. There seems to be construction going on so I guess they'll sort all this out once its finished. Once you know the way its 7 minutes as they claim.
The room was smaller than I expected but was clean and everything worked. It had every amenity you could expect but remarkably there were only three tissues in the box and we didn't see a spare toilet paper roll although I expect housekeeping would have been prompt had we complained. The TV reception for CNN was pretty bad but I think this was a cable company problem not Hilton. The local Dutch channels were clear.
Breakfast was really good, a wide choice of cereals, fruit, eggs done different ways (or you can ask for the cook to do something special) and different kinds of meat including fish, hot bacon and sausages, beans, potatoes, fried tomatoes, whatever. I have to say I've seen even better choices in first class hotels in Finland but that's a long way to fly just to top this. Checkout is up until 12 noon although we were boarding a flight by then.
The weather that night was pretty bad (early November) so we lashed out and ate a tremendous meals at the Hilton restaurant, 88 euros for two with tip but one of those meals was a filet steak you could cut with a fork and those don't come cheap anywhere in Holland. If you don't want to spend that kind of money Schiphol Arrivals has at least one Supermarket and stacks of fast food places plus restaurants.
I was satisfied with the value but I admit it is above our normal outlay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located right at the airport, Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol hotel is just a 5-7 minute walk from the terminals via a covered walkway. The hotel is located next to the World Trade Centre Schiphol with quick access to the business district at the Amsterdam Zuid. The city center of Amsterdam can easily be reached by train in less than 20 minutes or by car in approximately 15 minutes. All Guest Rooms at this airport hotel are soundproofed and feature black-out blinds for a restful night's sleep. Choose an Executive Room for Executive Lounge access with complimentary breakfast, high tea, snacks and drinks. Enjoy an exciting dining experience at the Teppanyaki Table, and watch seafood and meat dishes being prepared right before your eyes. Unwind in the inviting Greenhouse Restaurant, decorated in warm amber tones, and be spoilt for choice with the delicious fixed price a la carte menu. Enjoy the Indonesian buffet, served in the Greenhouse Restaurant every Wednesday, with delicious Indonesian specialties. Savor light snacks or a Hilton Burger and wind down with a cocktail at the end of a long working day in the Stopover Bar. The hotel offers complimentary WiFi in all public areas. Book a business meeting in one of the 16 bright meeting rooms, or enjoy complimentary refreshments in the Executive Lounge. Guests can also use the fully equipped business center, offering a range of convenient amenities such as photocopying and secretarial services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Hotel Haarlemmermeer
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton
- Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Haarlemmermeer