“Great place to break a trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Save Saved
You added Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol to your Saves list
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Schiphol Boulevard 701, 1118 BN Schiphol, The Netherlands   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - From €93
Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in Schiphol
Sydney
“Great place to break a trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Normally we don't stay in 4 or 5 star hotels, but Hilton were offering a discount (118 euros for a double with wifi and full breakfast) and its within walking distance of the arrival hall. We had already come from Budapest and faced 32 hours to Sydney via North America (not recommended) so I thought a good night's sleep versus getting up at 3AM to make an 0630 flight from Budapest to Schiphol made sense. And so it did.

You can get to the hotel either by their van or walk provided you know the way. We only had two bags so decided to walk. Basically you need to know you can't see the Hilton from the Arrival Hall because its behind the Sheraton but there are actually signs to the Hilton and World Trade Centre so look for a covered ramp from where you go to the trains (tracks 1/2) and keep following that. We found at the end one sign was wrong but it was pretty obvious to go outside and down the stairs or elevator then again the signs written on the pavement are wrong but at this point you can see the Hilton. There seems to be construction going on so I guess they'll sort all this out once its finished. Once you know the way its 7 minutes as they claim.

The room was smaller than I expected but was clean and everything worked. It had every amenity you could expect but remarkably there were only three tissues in the box and we didn't see a spare toilet paper roll although I expect housekeeping would have been prompt had we complained. The TV reception for CNN was pretty bad but I think this was a cable company problem not Hilton. The local Dutch channels were clear.

Breakfast was really good, a wide choice of cereals, fruit, eggs done different ways (or you can ask for the cook to do something special) and different kinds of meat including fish, hot bacon and sausages, beans, potatoes, fried tomatoes, whatever. I have to say I've seen even better choices in first class hotels in Finland but that's a long way to fly just to top this. Checkout is up until 12 noon although we were boarding a flight by then.

The weather that night was pretty bad (early November) so we lashed out and ate a tremendous meals at the Hilton restaurant, 88 euros for two with tip but one of those meals was a filet steak you could cut with a fork and those don't come cheap anywhere in Holland. If you don't want to spend that kind of money Schiphol Arrivals has at least one Supermarket and stacks of fast food places plus restaurants.

I was satisfied with the value but I admit it is above our normal outlay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Desi J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review at Tripadvisor, we are pleased to notice that you had a most enjoyable stay with us in the hotel.

Thank you for your comments and compliments, these are highly appreciated!

I look forward to welcome you back with us upon a future visit to the Schiphol area!

858 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Korean first
Helsingborg, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I've stayed twice at the Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. Neither time impressed me. This is an "average" Hilton property at best.

Had it not been for the favorable room rate (around US$150), I would have stayed at Citizen M, which ranks #1 of 7 among Schiphol Airport hotels on TripAdvisor, or Sheraton, closer to the terminal if you're walking and ranking #3 on TripAdvisor. Hilton ranks 7 of 7, and clearly could do a better job.

Better choices within the Hilton family in Amsterdam, if you have time to get there and back for your flights, are the Doubletree (outstanding) and the Hilton Amsterdam (dated, but a good hotel with rooms featuring views, free use of bikes, at least for Hilton elites, excellent breakfast and a nice executive lounge).

Where does the Hilton Schiphol fall short? 1) Time it takes to get to the hotel from the terminal. Although it is less than an 8-minute walk, you pass the Sheraton about midway if you're walking. A small squabble to be sure. 2) Guest rooms are adequate but dated. 3) The executive lounge is drab, lacks quality food and is not business friendly - for example, when I needed to print a document, I was told that I would need to take the elevator down to the business center, even though I could see that there was a printer underneath the desk where the lounge host sat. 4) Other have complained about the cost of internet. As a Hilton elite (Diamond), I receive free internet.

Would I stay again? Only if the price were irresistible. Otherwise, I would pitch camp at Sheraton or Citizen M - or perhaps another higher-ranking Schiphol Airport property (there are six that rank ahead of Hilton - out of seven total) on TripAdvisor.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review at Tripadvisor, which I have noticed with great concern. To assist you further I will contact you through a personal message.

Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed here one night in november in an executive twin room on the 8th floor. This hotelis located just a short walk from the main terminal / Schiphol plaza. You don't need to take a shuttle bus to the hotel, like many of the other Schiphol hotels. Checked in pretty late in the evening and the check-in was smooth and staff was really nice. The room was about 25m2 and had a view over the airport. The room was overall OK but the hotel needs to be renovated I think. The bathroom hade some yellow stains and the room felt a bit old with dark furnitures and an old carpet. The tried to go to the executive club room late in the night just before closing but the girl working there refused us entry, even though the club was open 20 minutes more. We just asked if we could go in quick to have som sparkling water but she said no again and acted very rude, since she was talking to the phone in the same time, with whom I don't know.
The breakfast the next day in the restaurant was good with many varieties of hot and cold food, juices, yoghurts, coffee and so on.

I give this hotel 3 star but no more. It sure has potential to be a 4 or 5 star but then I think the rooms needs to be more up to date.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us! Furthermore I would like to thank you for the compliment with regards to your nice check-in experience.

Next to this it cannot go unnoticed that we are building a new hotel, which will be state-of-the-art and a true flagship. However, regardless of how proud we are of this upcoming highlight, as the hotel is due to open in 2015 we will do our utmost to make sure our guests have a hassle free and enjoyable stay with us in a clean and comfortable hotel with a good selection of outstanding food & beverage facilities and great service till then.

Moreover as the direct feedback of our guests is of paramount importance for us we wish to thank you once again for your comments. Please rest assured that we have immediately addressed all your issues and are working hard to improve wherever possible.

I look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back with us upon a future visit to the Schiphol area.

Usa, Japan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Location good (but Sheraton is closer walk to airport). This hotel is quite bland. Rooms are small, service polite but nothing special. Beware of internet fees....27 euros for one night....in U.S. dollars that is $36.00. Astounding! Even at the best hotels at the room I have almost never encountered internet fees that high.

Room Tip: beware of internet prices!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

As the direct feedback of our guests is of paramount importance for us we wish to thank you once again for your comments. Please rest assured that we have immediately addressed all your issues and are working hard to improve wherever possible.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back with us upon a future visit to the Schiphol area.

Cincinnati, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Within walking distance of airport. Very good experience. Perfect for staying the night before a flight. Also convenent to trains at Schipol. Well worth the stay. Internet is very expensive. Food is good quality, but also expensive. Very clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Desi J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review at Tripadvisor with regards to your stay with us in the hotel. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and rewarded us with 5 stars.

Furthermore I would like to use this opportunity to thank you for your compliments with regards to the location and the cleanliness of the room. I will definitely communicate these to our team.

Moreover we have complementary internet in our public areas and we have special packages with internet included. I would like to apologize for not informing you correctly.

We are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Den Haag, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

With a late arrival and early checkout the internet/breakfast package had no value for me. Not willing to pay over 20 euros for an hour of internet use, declined it. Location is good if you need to get to a plane in the morning, wasn't there long enough to see any of the facilities.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us!

The internet is complementary in our public areas. I would like to apologize for not informing you correctly.

We are looking forward to you next visit.

Frisco, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This hotel was recommended by my travel agent and we were very pleased with all the services. We arrived at 8:00am from an international flight and were told that we could check in immediately. It was wonderful to get the extra 5 hours much needed sleep.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review at Tripadvisor with regards to your stay with us in the hotel. I am pleased to read that you had a most enjoyable stay and rewarded us with 4 stars.

We are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Desi Janson

Been to Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol? Share your experiences!