Normally we don't stay in 4 or 5 star hotels, but Hilton were offering a discount (118 euros for a double with wifi and full breakfast) and its within walking distance of the arrival hall. We had already come from Budapest and faced 32 hours to Sydney via North America (not recommended) so I thought a good night's sleep versus getting up at 3AM to make an 0630 flight from Budapest to Schiphol made sense. And so it did.
You can get to the hotel either by their van or walk provided you know the way. We only had two bags so decided to walk. Basically you need to know you can't see the Hilton from the Arrival Hall because its behind the Sheraton but there are actually signs to the Hilton and World Trade Centre so look for a covered ramp from where you go to the trains (tracks 1/2) and keep following that. We found at the end one sign was wrong but it was pretty obvious to go outside and down the stairs or elevator then again the signs written on the pavement are wrong but at this point you can see the Hilton. There seems to be construction going on so I guess they'll sort all this out once its finished. Once you know the way its 7 minutes as they claim.
The room was smaller than I expected but was clean and everything worked. It had every amenity you could expect but remarkably there were only three tissues in the box and we didn't see a spare toilet paper roll although I expect housekeeping would have been prompt had we complained. The TV reception for CNN was pretty bad but I think this was a cable company problem not Hilton. The local Dutch channels were clear.
Breakfast was really good, a wide choice of cereals, fruit, eggs done different ways (or you can ask for the cook to do something special) and different kinds of meat including fish, hot bacon and sausages, beans, potatoes, fried tomatoes, whatever. I have to say I've seen even better choices in first class hotels in Finland but that's a long way to fly just to top this. Checkout is up until 12 noon although we were boarding a flight by then.
The weather that night was pretty bad (early November) so we lashed out and ate a tremendous meals at the Hilton restaurant, 88 euros for two with tip but one of those meals was a filet steak you could cut with a fork and those don't come cheap anywhere in Holland. If you don't want to spend that kind of money Schiphol Arrivals has at least one Supermarket and stacks of fast food places plus restaurants.
I was satisfied with the value but I admit it is above our normal outlay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located next to the World Trade Centre at theinternational airport, Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schipholis close to a number of the city’s attractions. Whetherstaying for work or pleasure, enjoy friendly service, a choiceof excellent dining options and state-of-the-art facilities.AT A GLANCE• Located directly at the airport via a covered walkway• Executive Floor and Lounge• International cuisine at Greenhouse Restaurant• Fitness Room and Sauna• High speed wireless internet• 20mins from Amsterdam Central Station• Business Centre ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Hotel Haarlemmermeer
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton
- Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Haarlemmermeer