“Convenient to Schiphol Airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

You added Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol to your Saves list
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Schiphol Boulevard 701, 1118 BN Schiphol, The Netherlands   |
Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Schiphol
GreenLeadersGold level
Pittsboro, North Carolina
“Convenient to Schiphol Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

You can walk to the terminals from this hotel. As with most Hiltons, the room was clean with plenty of space. The only drawback I have is that there is not enough light in the bathroom; I had a hard time applying my makeup, and the shower/tub area didn't have any additional light. I thought the restaurant prices were high, but that's Hilton. The check-in employees were very helpful in answering my questions and assisting with anything my husband and I needed. The new Hilton is being built right next to this one and should open in 2014 or 2015. We were told that they are going to knock the original one down when the new one opens.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Desi J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Hilton Amsterdam Airport Guest,

We are very pleased to read that you and your husband had a most comfortable and enjoyable stay with us in the hotel.

Thank you for your personal compliments towards the helpfulness of our Front Desk team.

We look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back with us in the hotel.

Desi Janson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I travel to Europe almost monthly and use the AMS airport as a hub during my stay. I end up staying at this Hilton 2-3 times each trip. The little things keep me coming back...

As a Hilton Honors member, I have 100% of the time been upgraded at this hotel. The highlight of this hotel for me is the Executive Lounge. A nice array of snacks (cheese/crackers, a hot dish, and 3-4 cold appetizers) and beer/wine. I appreciate that this Hilton takes into account its location and the fact that we are all "in transit" and has snacks readily available prior to my jetlagged naps. I know I have seen here complaints about the food costs, and they are high, but I don't mind paying more for a sandwich when the apps and wine are free. This is a nice perk for loyal members.

The hotel itself is a bit dated, but still meets the needs. I look forward to the 2015 opening of the new hotel, but am afraid the price point may limit my ability to stay there. Hopefully rates remain reasonable for the location.

The staff really make for a pleasant stay. Waitstaff is attentive, front desk is friendly and helpful. The Exec lounge staff is spectacular.

I would rank this place a 5 star, but I have had a few instances in my last stays (both in the last week) where it appears my customer profile warrants extra checks of the satisfaction of my stay. These checks are disruptive, to say the least. The first one occurred approx twenty minutes after check in, I was using the bathroom, and the maid began knocking with her key. First off, that sound truly grates on the nerves of every business traveler. I answered "NO!, Not now!". The knocking continued...she could not hear my reply and she came in as I was trying to pull up my pants. Awkward. I should not have to put a "Do Not Disturb" sign up every time I need to use the toilet, nor is it reasonable to expect me to have assessed my satisfaction with the room in 20 minutes.

The next check was several hours into my stay around 7 pm. This time it was a phone call. I was sleeping. Please keep in mind this IS an airport hotel. You have no idea what timezone I have come from. Maybe it is best to say at check in, "If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know." instead of dogging me for the information at inconvenient times.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the construction site.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review at Tripadvisor regarding your stays within our hotel.

I am pleased to read your review and your compliments towards the Executive Lounge, and the helpfulness of our staff are highly appreciated.

Following your notes regarding the disturbance, I would like to apologize for this inconvenience, I can imagine that this not contribute to a relaxing stay. In the meantime I have addressed this to the department heads involved to prevent this from happening in the future.

Once again thank you for your compliments, looking forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back with us in the hotel.

tel aviv, Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I NEVER stayed at such a loosy Hilton!! It is a shame for the brand... The overall experience was very bad: poor internet, a lot of noise (due to the construction of the new hilton hotel next to it, staff not helpful, etc...) There is no direct access from the airport (you need to go outside and get wet and cold!!) MY FIRM recomandation: Go to the SHERATON!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Desi_Janson, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review at Tripadvisor, your feedback is incredibly valuable to us.

Clearly we have not been able to convince you of the true Hilton hospitality and high level of service we pride ourselves in and I would like to apologize for not living up to your expectations.

In the meantime I have personally contacted you as you have also filled in our on-line guest survey.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here for business and was upgraded to an Exec Room. This being my first business trip and never staying in a Hilton, I was happy. Yes, room wasn't massive but it suited me fine, it had a table, chairs, desk and about enough room to leave your suitcase on the floor. A colleague changed rooms because his original one was too small and having stayed in a standard room, I couldn't tell a difference in Exec and standard - again, not that this bothered me but I can imagine someone who is used to larger rooms and more up to date Hiltons wouldn't be impressed. Breakfast was great, with a large selection of food, I found staff always helpful and friendly. It was easy to add on Wi Fi and breakfast. Room service was prompt with a friendly smile. Wi Fi a bit iffy at time i.e. when making calls via Skype. Location isn't glamourous at all; at the end of an airport terminal next to the car park with a building site where the new Hilton is under construction. About a 15 min walk from the airport station along moving walkways. Overall, I was satisfied and given some long hours working, it was just a case of get back and sleep and I found the bed comfortable so no complaints there.

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, as it best evaluates our product and service offerings. Ultimately, you serve as the best quality auditor and I appreciate you taking time to post a review at Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to notice that you had a most comfortable stay with us, thank you for your compliments towards the breakfast, service and room service. This is highly appreciated!

Looking forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back with us in the hotel.

Praha, Czech Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very poor room facilitiy, very old furniture, extra paid internet, there is definitely better option in Schipol airport for lower price. This is definitely not Hilton quality. I was dissatisfied. This hotel may be appreciated by people who likes retro 80'hotels. Pleas, no more Hilton in Schipol-Amsterdam.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taken the time to write a review at Tripadvisor.

Unfortunately, we were not able to provide you a most comfortable stay.

You are totally correct in saying the design of our hotel is not from nowadays, I am pleased to inform you that a new 433-room Hilton hotel will be developed at Schiphol airport, to replace our current hotel, with the opening scheduled for 2015.

For the coming years we will do our utmost to make sure our guests have a hassle free and enjoyable stay with us in a clean and comfortable hotel with a good selection of outstanding food & beverage facilities and great service.

I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back with us in the hotel.

London UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Got the opportunity of a few nights at the Amsterdam Schiphol Hilton Hotel and absolutely no complaints.

Little bit dated but with a grand new building under construction opposite,had no problems with any noise.

Location is excellent at just a 5 minute walk from the airport via a well covered travellator skywalk.(or you can wait for the shuttle bus)

Room was spot on ...quite large,clean and well furnished.

Usual Mini bar service (does anyone ever use)Tea/Coffee making facility, 40 in TV, fluffy white towels etc...nice.

Very friendly staff from the most helpful duty manager,room supervisor,shuttle drivers and of course the barmen in the hotels main reception "gin joint".

Access to Amsterdam city is so easy at approx. 20 minutes by train and the Schiphol shopping parade also a great experience...coffee shops ,supermarkets, banks and the Rembrant Bar/Pub which is definitely worth a look-see (had a great night in there)

Happy with everything and will hopefully visit again soon.

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor but no problems with noise or ...anything
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Desi_Janson, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol guest,

Thanks you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor, this is highly appreciated!

I am pleased to read that you had a most enjoyable stay, We always do our utmost to make sure our guests will receive the best service and comfort you may expect from our brand.

Indeed we are only a 7-10 minute walk from the airport and for our guest convenience we offer a complimentary shuttle bus that runs back and forward every 15 minutes.

I am pleased to inform you that we are indeed building a new Hilton Schiphol next to our current hotel with the opening scheduled for medio 2015. Our current hotel will operates until the new Hilton hotel officially opens. At this stage, the foundation of the new Hilton Schiphol is a fact and we do not forsee any heavy noises in the future, also the windows of our rooms are sound-proofed.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our Team Members which will be shared within our team.

I look forward to welcome you back with us in the hotel upon a future trip to the Schiphol area.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

There is a larger hole in the ground next to the hotel. It is the 2015 future home of the Hilton Schiphol. Maintenance and upgrades are obviously not really going to happen to the existing structure anymore. The hotel is still OK. Clean, functional, and a fairly decent value if you have an early flight out of Schiphol and Hilton is one of your favorite brands (there is a Sheraton right across from Schiphol). There is a shuttle (prompter taking you to the airport than getting you from the airport), but it is a 10-15 minutes walk from the terminal if you don't want to wait.

Dear Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol guest,

As the direct feedback of our guests is of paramount importance for us we wish to thank you once again for your comments.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Indeed we are working on the build of a brand new Hilton, due to open in 2015, At the moment the foundation of the new Hilton Schiphol is a fact!

For our guest convenience we offer a complimentary shuttle bus that runs back and forward every 15 minutes.

Desi Janson

Been to Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol? Share your experiences!