“Better than we expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Save Saved
You added Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol to your Saves list
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Schiphol Boulevard 701, Schiphol 1118 BN, The Netherlands   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - From €93
Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in Schiphol
Odessa, FL
“Better than we expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed three nights at this hotel while we were driving from Sweden to Italy. I picked the hotel primarily to have a secure place to park our new car but was a bit concerned after reading some of the TripAdvisor reviews referencing the construction of the new Hilton nearby and the "dated decor," We had some difficulty initially determining where to turn in for the hotel registration and parking, but everything else about our stay was very satisfactory. Our room was clean, comfortable and sufficiently large for a European hotel room. The staff was very helpful in responding to our inquiries. We ate in the restaurant on Wednesday night when they served the Indonesian buffet and found the food to be very good. We also found it very easy to walk into the airport and ride the train into Amsterdam, and it was a very short (10 minute or so) train ride. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is driving in as we did and is concerned about navigating city streets, traffic and parking in the city.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Desi_Janson, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Guest,

Thank your for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor, this is highly appreciated!

I am pleased to read that you had a most enjoyable stay with us! It is very nice to read your kind words, I am sorry that you experienced some difficulties reaching the hotel. Indeed the entrance route for the parking has been changed.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our restaurant and staff, this is highly appreciated!

Our hotel is indeed only a 7 to 10 minute walk from the airport, for our guest convenience we also offer a complimentary shuttle bus that runs back and forward every 15 minutes.

I look forward to you next stay!

845 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Korean first
Oxford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed here four nights after a river cruise of Germany. We had stayed in Amsterdam city before but wanted to see the tulip fields and countryside vs. the city this time. The Amsterdam central train station is 15-20 minutes from the airport station and trains run very frequently. We were very pleased with the service, accommodations, and especially the food. All staff were exceptionally polite and helpful. After our first night they moved us to a bigger room at the request of the Executive Lounge hostess - which was a nice surprise and very much appreciated. The Wednesday night Indonesian "rice table" buffet was very good. My wife, a meat and potatoes Irish girl, was especially surprised by how much she enjoyed the food. The hotel is a 15 minute walk via covered walkway from the airport plus has a shuttle service. Looking forward to the completion of the "new" Hilton right next door. Construction was going on right out side our room and we never knew it, the room was so quiet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Desi_Janson, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Hilton Amsterdam Airport guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor, it is nice to see that you had a most enjoyable stay!

I am pleased to inform you that the foundation of the new Hilton Schiphol is a fact and we do not forsee any heavy noises in the future. Also, indeed our windows are sound-proofed.

Indeed we offer a complimentary shuttle bus for our guest convenience that runs back and forward to the airport every 15 minutes.

Your kind words regarding our staff were forwarded to our team members, this was highly appreciated! And thank you for your compliments regarding our Indonesian Buffet.

We look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back with us!

Mesa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I chose this hotel because of it's proximity to the airport for an early morning departure. While the rooms were relatively, they are not what I would consider really nice. Rusty water came out of the bathtub faucet when I first turned it on, but it cleared up quickly and I could hear any noises coming from the hallway. I was also dissapointed to find that the wireless in the rooms was not free and the free connection in the lounge was very poor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol guest,

As the direct feedback of our guests is of paramount importance for us we wish to thank you once again for your comments.

I am sorry to read that you experienced some inconvenience during your stay, please rest assured that we have immediately addressed all your issues and are working hard to improve wherever possible.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed one night at the hotel prior to my early morning flight. The location is perfect; I was able to drop off my rental car (Hertz) the night before. And then it is a 10 minute walk from the hotel to the terminal.

For €275 expectations were very high. The hotel was nice, but not that nice. Additional charge for internet is also a disappointment.

Dinner the restaurant was good. There was an Indonesian buffet, but again, expensive €40+

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip advisor, this is highly appreciated!

I am pleased to read that overall you had a most enjoyable stay. Although I do realize that the design of our hotel is not up to date we do our utmost best to provide the best service and quality.
We strive to provide our guest a warm welcome a comfortable stay and a hassle free departure.

I am pleased to inform you that we are working on the build of a brand new hotel, due to open her doors in 2015!

I look forward to welcome you back with us in the hotel upon a next visit to the Schiphol area.

Maui, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was a perfect location for our two days in Amsterdam. There is a new Hilton under construction right beside this one, but you can always ask for a room on the other side of the hotel. Our room was a nice size, with comfy bedding. We ate at the bar for lunch and it was quite good and reasonable in price. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. It was nice having the luxury of shopping at the airport within walking distance as I had left my camera charger and extra battery at home. There are numerous places to eat for all meals at the airport. There is even a grocery store in that shopping area for any and all needs, especially if you want to buy something for a light meal. If you have a lot of heavy luggage there is a shuttle bus, we were traveling light so just followed the signs and walked over to the hotel. We would definitely stay here again and look forward to experiencing the new hotel once it is completed.

Room Tip: To avoid construction noise, ask to be on the opposite side.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Desi_Janson, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Hilton Amsterdam Airport Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor, this is highly appreciated!

I am pleased to read that you had a most enjoyable stay! Our staff always do their utmost to provide you with anything you may require!

Indeed we are working on the build of a brand new hotel, I am pleased to inform you that the foundation of the new Hilton Schiphol is a fact and we do not forsee any heavy noises in the future.

We look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back with us!

Tecumseh, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed in Executive Room and have had more perks at a low end hotel chain. I paid a prime rate to stay in an executive room and did not even received free wifi in room. Also the executive lounge ran out of food before they were supposed to close. I made complaints to the front desk but they were like robots and did not address or give advice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

If you read earlier reviews saying this hotel is tired and dated ....I'm not sure they were staying in the same hotel as we have been for the last three nights. Decor didn't look date or tired, just normal Hilton. Was perfectly placed for a long weekend in Amsterdam to celebrate my 'forty-tenth', meaning we could enjoy the hustle and bustle of the city and then come back and relax in the evenings. Food was good and of the Hilton's usual standard (husband is a Diamond member so we stay in Hilton on a regular basis). If you are going to complain about the cost of breakfast then do what sensible people do and do your research before you arrive. Builidng work was no inconvenience at all.....we will be back!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Desi_Janson, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Hilton Amsterdam Airport guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip advisor! This is highly appreciated!

I am delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable stay with us and within the Netherlands. Your complimentens has been shared within our team which was highly appreciated!

We look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back with us as valued Hilton Hhonors Diamond guest.

Desi Janson

Been to Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol? Share your experiences!