This was my second stay at this Hilton. I'm an HHonors Silver member so for an overnight, it was a no-brainer to stay here again and gather more points and miles. I booked the hotel online from my home. When the booking was finished, the website asked me that, if available, would I like to pay an extra few Euros to upgrade to an Executive room with access to the Executive Lounge. The cost came to about an extra $30 or so. I did so. Upon arrival I walked from the terminal to the hotel. They have a free shuttle if you care to use it. Checkin was excellent. Very friendly, very accomodating. They did have the upgrade to the Executive room and lounge access so I said yes. My "executive" room was about the size of a normal, small-ish room in a hotel in the U.S. But I was not surprised as hotel rooms in Europe always run on the small side. It was comfortable. I needed help with a connecting flight and the Business Centre people were fabulous, making phone calls to airlines for me, assisting me with getting a boarding pass, etc. I had snacks and draft beers at the bar in the lobby. The employees were very cheerful, talkative, fluent in English, and very welcoming. It is a very professionally run hotel, which is not surprising as the Dutch are exact in just about everything. There are two downsides, if you care to look at them that way: 1) again, the rooms are small. But this Europe. Unless you are willing to pay a king's ransom for a suite, your room is going to be cozy. 2) this is a 5 Star Hilton and even for a small room, it is very pricey. Not just for the room, but also for food and drink. But that is normal for Holland. There are less expensive hotels in the area, but for me, being an HHonors member, I will always stay at this Hilton at the Amsterdam Schiphol Airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located right at the airport, Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol hotel is just a 5-7 minute walk from the terminals via a covered walkway. The hotel is located next to the World Trade Centre Schiphol with quick access to the business district at the Amsterdam Zuid. The city center of Amsterdam can easily be reached by train in less than 20 minutes or by car in approximately 15 minutes. All Guest Rooms at this airport hotel are soundproofed and feature black-out blinds for a restful night's sleep. Choose an Executive Room for Executive Lounge access with complimentary breakfast, high tea, snacks and drinks. Enjoy an exciting dining experience at the Teppanyaki Table, and watch seafood and meat dishes being prepared right before your eyes. Unwind in the inviting Greenhouse Restaurant, decorated in warm amber tones, and be spoilt for choice with the delicious fixed price a la carte menu. Enjoy the Indonesian buffet, served in the Greenhouse Restaurant every Wednesday, with delicious Indonesian specialties. Savor light snacks or a Hilton Burger and wind down with a cocktail at the end of a long working day in the Stopover Bar. The hotel offers complimentary WiFi in all public areas. Book a business meeting in one of the 16 bright meeting rooms, or enjoy complimentary refreshments in the Executive Lounge. Guests can also use the fully equipped business center, offering a range of convenient amenities such as photocopying and secretarial services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Agoda, EasyToBook, Low Cost Holidays and Otel so you can book your Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Hotel Haarlemmermeer
- Hilton International Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hilton
- Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Haarlemmermeer