“Crappy hotel.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Schiphol
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Crappy hotel.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Came in with a group of 10 people at 11:30 pm.
Check-in was horrible. Spent 10 minutes on getting the room.
No mini bar, and the bar closed at 11:00pm. Asked if we could have a beer before going to bed after a long day of traveling. But the bar keeper simply stated "bar is closed". Not "I'm sorry sir but the bar is closed, but let me see what I can do".
I'm not saying beer is critical, it was simply the way we where addressed..

• Stayed September 2013

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I paid extra because this hotel looks amazing in the pics, but it is way overpriced
advantage is has a free shuttle to/from schipol, takes about 10 min. Other than that is not more than a 3 star hotel. I asked for a double bed and their version of it is two twin bed next to each other, they agev me a room at the basement level and had a sauna and exercise room but I did not see it.
the staff is really nice and do their best to provide good service. they also have free wifi and free coffee. I paid 173US$ and now I am staying at the Hampton in for half the price and woo! well worthed!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We chose to stay at the Park Inn Schiphol because the hotels in the center of Amsterdam were almost completely booked and extremely expensive the weekend we were there (there was some sort of conference going on). The hotel itself was fine; it was clean, comfortable, and nicely modern, if a bit impersonal feeling. It's located in the middle of office parks, so you have to take the shuttle back to the airport to get anywhere. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes and was on time each time we used it. It also serves the nearby Radisson Blu, which gets picked up first, so when the shuttle is busy (like at 9:30 am since there is no service between then and 11 am), it can get pretty full. The pick-up/drop-off spot is nowhere near the entrance to the hotel (we were literally left at the curb). I don't have any complaints about the room, but overall I probably wouldn't stay here again because of the location. The only thing it was convenient for was catching our early morning flight.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Danville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I are seasoned travelers with hundreds of experiences in numerous countries. This is by far the worst experience we have ever had. The conditions were totally unexpected due to our assumption from the price of $400 per night and the name Radisson that this would be a full-service hotel. Our travel agent recommended this option for a final night in Amsterdam after a perfectly lovely cruise of the Norwegian Fjords with Holland America. We made the mistake of not checking it out, but even if we had, the website makes no mention of its numerous flaws, the most important being that it is NOT AT ALL suited for older travelers. We were told we would have a shuttle from the airport. When we arrived at the shuttle stop we found that the shuttle has large gaps of service in both the morning and evening. This shuttle serves two hotels. After waiting more than 1 1/2 hours, we were squashed onto an inadequately sized shuttle with everyone else who had been waiting. We were traveling with my elderly father and friend who are mobile, but certainly not able to load their luggage and themselves onto a crowded shuttle unassisted. My husband struggled with all the bags and they ended up rolling around the aisles and restricting passengers' movements, resulting in angry looks from other passengers. The shuttle stopped at the Radisson Blu's front entrance where we saw porters awaiting guests. It then drove several blocks to a business park where it dropped us at the bottom of a hill too steep and narrow for even the shuttle! My father (age 96) and his friend were forced to walk up the hill and my husband and I were left with 8 bags. Thankfully a good samaritan helped with several of our bags. Upon arrival at the entrance, we found no luggage or greeting staff, a luggage cart that wouldn't fit in the revolving door, and two adjacent doors that were locked. We struggled to get ourselves and bags inside. We were met with a long check-in line, so we settled my father and friend in the dining area to have lunch only to be told that the Park Inn serves only breakfast on weekends and that there was a small refrigerator from which to buy prepared sandwiches and snacks that were truly unappetizing. There was one person serving only drinks and he was overwhelmed and many dirty cups and glasses littered the bar area. The check-in staff were friendly; however, no mention was made that we needed to use our room key for the elevator, so we spent many minutes trying to get the elevator to work for us. The rooms were new and clean, but so small that there was no where to open a suitcase, or even a rack above the small open hanging space. The hallways consisted of numerous glass doorways every 6 rooms that seemed unnecessary and also various poles in the middle, making it impossible for anyone with a wheelchair to navigate. These various glass doorways along with an imposing open inner square steel staircase where you could look up or down the 6 flights, and the fact that there was no food or services, gave us a feeling that we were in a prison. I joked that we were on cell block 3, as that is the feeling this place gave us. In order to have dinner, we had a choice of walking several blocks to the Radisson Blu (which my father couldn't do) or take a cab there. The following day, we were forced to hire a minivan to assure that we would get to the airport comfortably and on time. Other negatives: a carpet cleaner smell in the hallways, a huge parking lot behind the hotel which was brightly lit all night and added to the feeling of isolation in this business park. This "hotel" is definitely suited only to the business traveler who wants to stay overnight, park his car free, and shuttle to and from the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pretoria, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

It's close to the office parks, close to the airport (and then trains to Amsterdam if you so wish). The shuttle bus is pretty handy, and runs often enough. About every 30 min's or so.

The hotel itself was clean, the restaurant area was nice, but it really would benefit from a proper outside area to enjoy summer. The menu if the restaurant was quite okay, and the quality much better than the Raddisson just down the street. Breakfast is okay, not fabulous. The variety is pretty limited, but the coffee is GREAT!

The rooms.... This leaves a bit to be desired. It's positively TINY, but nice and clean. And I always laugh at reviewers who moan about pillows....... And now I'm one of them. :D The pillows are so so so so so soft and thin, I had to fold 2 of them double. Bathroom is fine, like the shower. Room is nice and clean, TV is also fine.

I would however stay here again if the price is good. It's convenient, it's clean, the staff are super friendly and helpful, shuttle is convenient and restaurant is nice.

Room Tip: Rooms with very low numbers (like 303 for eg) is a lot smaller than others.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had 24 hours in Amsterdam with an early morning flight out. The shuttle service to and from the airport runs on schedule. There is an uphill walk from the shuttle stop to the entrance of the hotel. It is an easy walk, but could be problematic if you have a lot of luggage. I caught the train into the city center from the airport. For my purposes, this was great, however, I would choose a hotel in the city center for a longer stay in Amsterdam.

The rooms are small and basic, but new and very clean. The front desk staff could use a lesson in customer service. The front desk attendant was preoccupied with handling random tasks and never bothered to acknowledge the waiting guests. If not for the reliable airport shuttle and newness/cleanliness of the facility, I would have lowered my rating.

This is a great option if you need easy access to the airport. The ride is about 15 minutes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I could write a long poor review but Deborah O said it well just before me. I will add that not only did I have much the same experience, but the drain in the bathroom was plugged and the bathroom ended up flooding in the morning ending a sleepless night and beginning a rainy day and a call to a cab company so we didn't have to stand in the rain waiting for a shuttle. Our travel agent also booked this hotel and when I read Radisson on the itinerary, I thought I would have no worries. Definitely not the case for me.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Amsterdam Airport Schiphol? Share your experiences!