“I've found my AMS airport hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam

You added Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stationplein ZW 951 | 1117 Schiphol-Oost, 1117 CE Schiphol, The Netherlands (Formerly Dorint Hotel Amsterdam/Airport)   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Schiphol
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“I've found my AMS airport hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

My 17 year old daughter and I decided to have a long weekend in Amsterdam. Unfortunately for me my daughter is extremely high maintenance and always wants the best...her list of featuresmands includeunfortunately swimming pool, gym and spa facilities. The hotels in Amsterdam centre that had such facilihads were a bit pricey so I then looked at hotels at the airport, give my daughter the small selection in which she singled out this hotel.

Check in was breeze and very informative.

The room was set to a high standard...one thing I like is a main bathroom mirror that is anti mist and this hotel had one another thing I liked was the heated tiled bathroom floor (handy for damp swimwear when placed under the sink area) tv selection had bbc1 and bbc2 CNN and bbc world news, thats all I needed.

The breakfast restaurant area was large and bright and the food on offer would cater for most travellers westwards of Asia...I've never so many cold meats or fish available to eat...fantastic.

The leisure/spa facilities. The pool was on the small side but that was no problem if only a few people were in. The gym had enough stuff in it for my keep fit fanatic daughter happy.The spa/wellness area though fantastic unfortunately was not my daughters cup of tea... I did warn her in advance that countries like Holland and Germany it was normal to sauna naked and it was just cultural differences. There is a sign on the door to enter the spa/wellness area that nudity was possible for people who come from countries that sauna with swimwear on.

In all we had a great stay, I tend to stay at AMS a few times per year but being a Hilton gold honors member my loyalty is obviously towards them...but I'm really pleased that my daughter selected this hotel as this will be my AMS first choice hotel until the new Hilton is built.

Thanks for our wonderful stay and see you next month :)

• Stayed July 2014
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Mark,

Thank you for your attentive words and the time you took to share them with us. It is very nice to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Please be ensured that we will take up your comments for further encouragement of the team.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Nice and modern business hotel at the airport. Free shuttlebus from Schiphol airport. The room is equipped with all you can expect from a business hotel. Very nice breakfast buffet. The hotel gave a neat and clean impression.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely words and feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Our flight arrived at Amsterdam at night, so we choose this hotel for our 3-night stay. It is a very comfortable hotel and convenient to access the airport via the free shuttle bus. Good deal (around 75 euro per night booked from booking.com) for a high quality hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Ms. Wang,

Your positive feedback is much appreciated. We do our utmost to serve the guest in a great environment and I am pleased to hear those efforts pay off.

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We staid in this hotel for only 1 night but this time was enough to make a very good impression on us. A perfect place for those who have to travel further from the Schiphol airport. The double room we had was very functional and a great value for the money we paid. There were everything (and even more) needed - haid dryers, iron, water boiler, very comfortable bed, warm floor in the bathroom. There is a mini swimming pool there with warm water. Good for relaxation after a flight or working day. There is a free shuttle bus going to and from the airport...Probably the most comfortable hotel I have ever staid in.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Ms. Olga,

Tangerang, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed here for four days for business conference. I like the hospitality the staffs offered during my stay from the early morning I arrived at Schiphol airport and took the shuttle to the hotel. The driver was helpful and it took only 10 minutes to arrive at the hotel. I arrived early and as per requested, they gave me early check in room. On my last day, I needed to send some documents to my country and the staff was also very helpful to accomodate that.

The other thing that I like is the gym and spa facility. The latter was very nice with different type of spa are available that comforted me during my stay. I initially did not expect much from the restaurant buffet or in room dining. However I found it reasonable except that we must pay extra for in room dining and on Sunday all the restaurants are closed.

Unfortunately the air conditioner did not work during my stay. As it was hot during my stay, I must open the window to get fresher air in late evening or early morning.

However overall stay is slightly better than just average.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Mediko,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your last stay. We appreciate your positive words about the hospitality of our staff.

I am very sorry to hear that the air conditioning was not working. Please contact Front Desk next time so we can prepare the air conditioning or we can change your room.

Thank you again and we are looking forward to welcome you soon again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Excellent service, amazing breakfast buffet, super deluxe beds for a good night sleep after a long day of meetings and trainings. I would highly recommend it for all business related overnight stays! The staff is extremely nice and qualified. All rooms very clean and silent.

• Stayed April 2014
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear guest,

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is a great place to stay when arriving Amsterdam. Every 30 minutes there is a shuttle to and from the airport. The rooms are modern and well appointed, with no aircraft noise! Several dining options including a garden terrace. Dining reasonably priced for an airport location. Staff efficient and pleasant to deal with.

Room Tip: I liked the 5th floor best