“High Quality Accommodation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam

You added Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stationplein ZW 951 | 1117 Schiphol-Oost, 1117 CE Schiphol, The Netherlands (Formerly Dorint Hotel Amsterdam/Airport)   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Schiphol
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sunbury, United Kingdom
“High Quality Accommodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Having had our flight home to England cancelled by British Airways we were not in the best frame of mind when we arrived at the Steigenberger Airport Hotel at Schiphol. However, we have to say that all the staff, in the reception, at the bar and on the shuttle, did all they could to make our overnight stay a pleasant one. We stayed in room 303 and the facilities were first class. I can thoroughly recommend the Steigenberger to others.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear David,

Herewith I would like to thank you for taking some of your time to provide us with positive feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. This is highly appreciated by all of us. It has been our pleasure to have you as one of our guests and I certainly look forward to welcome you again in the future.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Very nice rooms, good service and friendly staff.
Restaurant serves a good variety of food choice for vegetarians, fish lovers or meat lovers.
Good hotel for conferences.
Good free shuttle transport service to airport.

• Stayed May 2014
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Mr. Fernandes,

Thank you for your positive feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. This is highly appreciated by all of us. I will make sure your feedback is shared with the involved departments. It has been our pleasure to have you as one of our guests and I certainly look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

KLM left me stranded once more at Schiphol. Hence, this was not a good start for my stay in the Steigenberger. Having spent 2 hours in queues rebooking my flight, getting the hotel voucher and taking the shuttle, it was a great surprise to find out that this hotel is really nice.

The hotel staff was super friendly and left the restaurant open past its closing time as a lot of stranded passengers arrived late and were desperate for food. The waiters cheered me up and I really liked the room. Wi-fi was efficient too. I had the most pleasant stay possible under the circumstances.

Don't hesitate to stay at the Steigenberger.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Ms. Karin,

Gaston Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

This is the best hotel at Schipol airport for a reasonable price. The staff was helpful. The bed was very comfortable. It is close to the airport with a free shuttle but there is nothing else around including restaurants except for those at the hotel which were reasonable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Gaston Oregon,

Your positive feedback is much appreciated. We do our utmost to serve the guest in a great environment and I am pleased to hear those efforts pay off.

We are looking forward to welcome you soon again.

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband booked the hotel as surprise for a trip to Amsterdam 5 day break...
The only down side was it was so far from Amsterdam itself..... but after we stayed for 5 days, I realised the shuttle service was a god send....
I read the other review saying the toilets were unhygienic and I think they fell unlucky as it was really spotless when we stayed for our trip
Amsterdam was amazing and would visit again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs. Teeny,

Thank you for your positive feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. This is highly appreciated by all of us. I will make sure your feedback is shared with the involved departments. It has been our pleasure to have you as one of our guests and I certainly look forward to welcome you again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

This is the best hotel at Schipol. I have only praise for this operation. The only downside is the location. Other hotels at Schipol (like the awful NH hotel should learn from this. The best hotel bed I have stayed in anywhere for a long time. Very friendly and helpful staff - nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed May 2014
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Mr. Timothy,

Kanyakumari, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

The worst part about this hotel was : Unhygienic condition of the toilet. Some part of the toilet was not clean at all. It felt like it was not cleaned for a long time. Felt extremely disgusted.
Even a cheap hotel or a motel won't have such Unhygienic toilets.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear guest,

Herewith I would like to thank you for taking some of your time to provide us with feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam.

I would just like to inform you that the toilets/bathrooms are being cleaned all day by housekeeping. Please inform the front desk next time, they will be happy to help you with any question you might have. I am very sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations. Herewith I would like to offer you my sincere apologies.

Thank you again for your review. It has been our pleasure to have you as one of our guests and I certainly look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Deputy General Manager

Been to Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!