“Good service and nice place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stationplein ZW 951 | Schiphol-Oost, 1117 CE Schiphol, The Netherlands (Formerly Dorint Hotel Amsterdam/Airport)   |
Special Price
30% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Schiphol
Horsens, Denmark
“Good service and nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed there one night for a conference. I arrived first thing in the morning, and I could get the room already during the coffee break at 10.30. The room was at the very end of a corridor, and thus it was very quiet as nobody passes the door and it is far away from the lifts.
The room was spotlessly clean and had a nice temperature, even if it was getting cold in Amsterdam at that time of the year.
Sleep quality is excellent, and I slept like a log all night, which sometimes is difficult if you're in a place for just one night. Service is quick and attentive, even when quite bus, as they were these days.
Ameneties are fine, and the wifi was functioning quite well, though the speed was not like breaking any records.
Breakfast was actually quite good, and as I got a good rate, which included breakfast, I had the time to enjoy it to the fullest extent.
The location of the hotel is distinctively like any other airport hotel - in the middle of almost nowhere, but the free shuttle service is really good and brings you to the airport in about 10-15 minutes.
Fine place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at the far ends of the corridors are most quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Mr. Dane,

I would sincerely like to thank you for taking some of your time to provide us with feedback with regars to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. It is with this information that we are able to further improve our services.

It has been our pleasure to have you as one of our guests and I certainly look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

653 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was excited to book the Steigenberger for our last night in Amsterdam. I did get a good price online but it was a 4 star hotel. My wife and I got to our room and it was freezing so I put up the temperature and tried to get my email. The net was down. Also there were twin beds I did not even think to ask about a double bed. In any case I called and asked for a double and was told none available. We went down to the sports bar for dinner. My wife had the vegetarian lasagne and a salad and I had the fish. Her salad was not good so we asked for another. The second one came and my wife picked through this one too since the lettuce was bad. We went back to our room the room was still freezing and the net down. I called and they gave us a room where there was heat and WIFI. Breakfast is good but at 27 Euros very expensive with no options since there is nothing near the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear guest,

I sincerely would like to thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. This is highly appreciated by all of us as with this information we are able to further improve our services. I will make sure your comments are shared with all responsible department heads.

Delhi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I was on trip to Amsterdam and got chance to stay in Steigenberger Airport Hotel, Schiphol Amsterdam for two days. This was a quite hotel with good ambiance. Staff was courteous on all occasions. Food options in breakfasts were good. I also tried their bar for snacks. There were very few options for vegetarians (only 2 dishes). I tried one and it was tasty. The place at which this hotel was very quite and cool.

so far a vegetarian, they may have good breakfast bot not great lunch/snacks and dinner.

I recommend this hotel based on their services, ambiance and quite place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side showing a small canal are quieter and good.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear guest,

Herewith I would like to thank you for taking some of your time to provide us with feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. This is highly appreciated by us. With this information we are able to maintain the quality of service we aim to provide. It has been our pleasure to have you as one of our guests and I certainly look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Now this is what I call : going the extra mile without being asked :

Last weekend when travelling to the hotel by public transport I met a cleaning lady from the hotel on the same bus as I was taking.
Since I had no idea where to get off she not only made sure I was leaving the bus with her, she also accompanied me all the way to the hotel check-in counter to make sure I was being well taken care of.
This might sound logic, though I dare you to have experienced this same simple act of loyalty from a cleaning lady.

When later that day I discovered I had lost an important belonging on that same bus, a message from the bus company was passed on to several members of the staff during the change of their service, since they couldn't find me and kept until I arrived hours and hours later at the reception desk, where a staff member only needed one word of me to know the note of the bus company was meant for me.
Again, this might sound very logic, but I have travelled enough to know that the details in this level of service are very hard to find in other similar situations.

Therefor I want to reward all staff members of the Steigenberger Hotel for their acts of loyalty and service towards their employer and their customers.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
AMS_Steigenberger, Deputy General Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Ms. DePrycker,

Herewith I sincerely would like to thank you for your positive feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. This is highly appreciated by all of us. I will make sure your feedback is shared with all involved departments.

Chesterfield, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Not an easy airport hotel experience. Most importantly, if you have an early flight you are out of luck with their free shuttle that does not start to operate until 6am. Not particularly useful for an airport hotel that serves many international travelers. However, I was assured by the front desk that I could get a taxi in the morning for ONLY 24 Euros including tip!! When I arrived at the hotel the front desk staff was pretty prissy. I had to swipe my credit card for 50 Euros for incidentals although I arrived at 8:45 pm and was leaving before 5am. When I pointed out that I had a prepaid reservation and didn't think this was necessary I was told that that it was required and I would need to pay taxes anyway for 4 Euros. A bit of a surprise. I was assured that they were booking a taxi for me and that if I placed my email address on the form provided I would not have to check out and a receipt would be sent to me. When I came down in the morning it was like I had moved to a different hotel. I had to check out but there were no charges. They had never heard of a tax being added on a prepaid reservation. When I asked if the receipt would be emailed to me the front desk staff first assured me that there would not be any receipt available because it was pre-paid. When I asked for one anyway, since I was sure they could print one for me, I was told that this "was not possible". I checked if they had my email, which they did not. I asked if I gave them my email, as I had already done the night before, would I get a receipt. "No sir, that is not possible". After giving up on that request I asked about my taxi and was asked in return for my taxi reservation card. This was something that I had not seen nor was it mentioned to me the night before. So no reservation?!?. At this point I asked for the manager, who simply confirmed all the facts presented above and offered no explanation for the "performance" by the front desk from the night before. When I asked about the taxi it was suggested I just "jump in" with the man who had also just checked out. I pointed out that this other customer had made clear that it was his taxi out front, when I asked about mine, and had not offered to share. After some back and forth by the manager via walkie-talkie he told me that there would be a taxi soon. It arrived 5 minutes late. Did it really need to be this difficult for me to leave this hotel at 4am in the morning! The room was fine and clean although the a/c controls did not work and neither did the phone line for wake up calls. In the morning I thought I would turn on the TV while getting dressed. Before you could start watching anything you had to sit through a 3 minute safety presentation in Dutch and then repeated in English without any obvious way of bypassing to watch TV. I just gave up and turned off the TV and thought it sort of summed up my entire experience with this hotel. Airport hotels should be simple, helpful and geared to the traveler, unfortunately this really was not an option at this hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful, efficient staff gave ius a warm welcome. Clean, spacious rooms which have everything you need. Fabulous sauna and bars. Top marks!! Perfect if you need a good hotel close to the airport. I can definately recommend the Steigenburger.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Ms. Victoria,

I would like to thank you for providing us with feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. This is highly appreciated by all of us and I will make sure your positive words are shared with all involved departments.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights and I feel there could be some improvements. The lightening in the room is quite low and it becomes a bit challenging to work. There could be a more variety in food at the restaurants.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Maneesh,

I would sincerely like to thank you for providing us with feedback with regards to your recent stay at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam. With this information we are able to further improve our services.

It has been our pleasure to welcome you and I certainly look forward to welcome you again in the future.

Deputy General Manager

Been to Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!