“Try it, you'll like it.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam Airport

You added Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam Airport to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boeing Avenue 2, 1119 PB Schiphol, The Netherlands (Formerly Radisson SAS)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Schiphol
NY
“Try it, you'll like it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

Great hotel.

We were nervous to stay at the airport but the downtown hotels were outrageously expensive due to an electronics convention in Amsterdam. So we stayed here and loved the hotel.

There are shuttles provided by the hotel 2 times per hour to and from the airport. The train to the Central Station from the airport is easy and relatively fast. We didn't mind it even though we would have liked to be downtown. And the train was pretty cheap.

The staff at the hotel were great. The room was large and the breakfast buffet was among the best we've had at any hotel in Europe.

We will be back in Amsterdam in a few months and will probably stay at this hotel again even if there are options in the downtown at that time.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

OK hotel. Friendly staff. Clean rooms.
20 Euros to park is a bit much and 25 Euros for the buffet breakfast is just plain greedy.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
West Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

Stayed 3 nights B&B, very welcoming staff, excellent breakfast buffet and very friendly and helpful staff in the resaurant. Onlt negative was 2 single bed joined together to form a double, and parking is expensive at 20Euro's per day. First 1.5 hours is free. However there are 2 spaces on the avenue that you turn into to reach the hotel off the main road (immedieately on the right near tress/bushes), and also 3 spaces on the road opposite the hotel that leads to the airport. These are empty at night and usually taken up during the day. Shuttle bus is prompt and very easy to use. I drove to one of the Park and Ride centres, 6 Euros to park 24hrs and free travel to and from the city! Free WiFi that works!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

I went to Amsterdam along with my office colleagues , we booked three seats with travel agent, we didn't know we would be taken to such a great hotel.

We were given a Big room with three King size beds, we could see the airport from our window. The view of Airplanes from the window was memorable but difficult to get into the sleep as the lights from the planes are quite disturbing , but overall the rooms were really nice.

We didn't stay at the hotel for Lunch or dinner , we had it outside , but we took the Breakfast which was really great with lots of choices.

• Liked — bed :)
  • Disliked — expensive
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

We stayed here over the bank holiday weekend, and I was expecting to really enjoy my stay at this well known chain of hotels. I tell you about the bad bits first and then the good.
As we were part of a large tour group we had a buffet dinner the first night - it was the most bland and tasteless food I'd ever tasted. Dry chicken / steamed fish, plain rice and some potato wedges, I had to resort to asking for ketchup for some flavour and sauce!
I found the dining room staff very snobbish and sourly however they were quick and efficient at clearing up - they almost shoo you out of the dining room!

Breakfast was OK, there was a nice selection of food but as we left early to go on tours I never ate much of it, so one morning after having some scrambled egg and baked beans I thought I would take my buttered rolls with cheese and a slice of cake up to my room and finish eating while I got ready to go out.
I was treated like a criminal, the waitress secretly got a male colleague as she saw me getting my plate ready and he came over to ask me if i was going to finish my food in the dining hall. I said maybe and before i could explain I wanted to take my remaining food with me to my room he launched into me about the food not being allowed to be used as a packed lunch! What a rude man! Then he went and stood by the door like a security guard
I was so shocked and embarrassed by that so I got up and left my half finished food - which I'm sure they just threw away! I never expected to be treated like this at the Radisson and I regret not making a scene and demanding an apology. If I canafford to stay at the poxy radisson surely I can afford to buy my own lunch - It was a disgrace!!

The location of the hotel is quite far from the airport as I've stayed at other airport hotels which are closer. There is a shuttle bus which runs every 30 mins with the last bus from the airport to hotel at 11.45pm. Be warned the driver will leave on the dot he doesn't hang around for even a minute. Taxis seem to charge whatever they want from airport to hotel from 20 euros to 35 euros for a 15 minute journey. If you're in a group this may be ok but otherwise just stay at a hotel in Amsterdam Central.

The rooms were nice clean and spacious with the expected extras in 5* such as hair dryer, iron, safe, AC, Satellite TV, & wireless internet. However our bathroom sink / basin wasn't draining properly and we had a leaking tap. Our maid was excellent and we were happy with her cleaning etc. One thing though there are no more smoking rooms in most hotels across Amsterdam and you cannot smoke inside the Radisson. Overall I didn't really enjoy this hotel as much I as I though it didn't feel like 5* more like a 4* so don't waste your money, this branch of Radisson SAS is definitely worth avoiding

• Stayed May 2009

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam Airport? Share your experiences!