“There are better choices at this airport!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Schiphol Terminal

You added Mercure Schiphol Terminal to your Saves list
Mercure Schiphol Terminal
3.0 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Terminal Building | PO Box 75041, 1117 ZN Schiphol, The Netherlands   |
“There are better choices at this airport!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was the last hotel on our 5 country European tour. Wish I could say we saved the best for last. This was not the case. I'd selected Mecure because we were leaving on an early am flight from Amsterdam to the US. We had only carry-on's so we knew that the next day, we wouldn't have to go back through immigration. We'd spent a long travel day getting to the hotel, driving from Como to Milan and then flying from Milan to Amsterdam. By the time we got through customs and to the hotel (not as easy to find as I thought, had to ask several people where it was), we arrived at 6:45 p.m. ready to get into our room, shower and enjoy one more night in Amsterdam. The front desk staff was pleasant enough, but quickly informed us that check in wasn't until 8 pm. I remembered that you could purchase a day rate, but at $150.00 American dollars, this was not what I reserved. I expected to check in immediately, especially since we were leaving at 8 am the next day. The clerk suggested we could pay more to check in. We were both ticked off at this and decided to go get something to eat and then return to check in. I really wanted a shower, but decided not to push it.
Instead of the airport restaurants, we opted to take the train into Amsterdam for our last night. Had dinner and walked around before checking in at about 10 p.m.
Once inside the room, I found the room to be spartan and dorm style. Yes, it was clean and modern, but small. The bed and pillows were not comfortable. The pillows, in particular, were bricks. The shower had a handheld, which, unknown to me, was not screwed in properly. When I turned on the shower, it exploded in my eye and flooded the floor. Why wasn't this noticed during housekeeping? After mopping up the floor with the only 2 towels we had and finally getting to bed, I didn't sleep well with the hard bed and pillow. Instead of our wakeup call at 7 am, I woke to the strong smell of jet fuel. Must have been coming in from the fresh air intake. Not a pleasant way to wake up.
I will give this room credit that it was quiet, which surprised me, but I still couldn't sleep. We saw a Sheraton just outside the airport that looked better. For the short turn-around business traveler who can sleep anywhere, this hotel will work. It didn't for us.

Room Tip: Remember you can't check in at the normal time.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

What an excellent airport hotel - so handy but probably better if you are a connecting passenger but do not have luggage. I flew in on BA and was leaving on KLM so had to schlep my luggage through the airport and through passport control which was a bit of a pain.

Friendly welcome at the desk and check in was extremely quick. My room was down the corridor to the left and actually overlooked the BA check in desks.

Room is everything you could need for a night. Large, comfortable bed with lots of pillows and lovely shower with ample amenities in the bathroom.

You can buy food and drink from the front desk.

Rooms are generally quiet too. Perhaps you could hear a few announcements from downstairs in the morning if you listened very carefully but they weren't at a volume which would bother anyone.

Very friendly checkout.

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was in the hotel from 10 PM to 8 AM and came away rested and impressed. I had flown in from Zurich and checked my bag all the way through, so all I needed to do was depart the plane, go to the hotel, and settle in for the night. The room was small, but not tiny, and had a nice bathroom, shower, desk and bed. I had read reviews that mentioned no shampoo, but my room had soap, shampoo, and lotion. When I awoke, I simply bought breakfast downstairs at Bread and went straight to my gate.
The room was silent, even with construction not far away, and the staff was polite and friendly. As long as one plans ahead to carry on whatever is needed for the night, I can't imagine going to the trouble to leave the airport when this easy, pleasant hotel is available.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
OTBD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I had a 9 hour stop at Amsterdam. I booked the room in advance at the hotel. I was greeted warmly at the reception. Check in was done in a flash by the staff,although there was a problem with my reservation but Mz Nikki and her colleague ( available reception employees at the time) handeled the situation perfectly. Their professional attitude is the main motive behind me writing this review. Checked in my room and had an amazing 4 hour sleep; I surely feel refreshed now. Hotel is calm,clean and tidy. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel and hereby thank the freindly and helpfull staff.I am actually posting this review from the hotel room.
Tip: hotel location is tricky and not well advertised. Hotel is located at first floor, lounge 3 and geates F intersection.

• Stayed September 2013
Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

If you have more than 10 hours transit in the airport , so you can spend a night in this hotel located in the heart of schiphol airport.
The room is in a modern style , very comfortable , but small for a family .
The front desk are very friendly , I had a problem in the air condition so they changed my room immediately to not waste my valuable and limited time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Munich, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Ideal hotel if you have only a few hours between two flights and you want to take a break or if you have an early flight in the morning and want to be there the night before.
What I didn't realize before doing the booking was that the hotel is actually inside the Terminal 3 and you have to go through the passport control to get in the hotel. To go out you have again to go through the passport control and the lugage area...

Be aware that there are no windows in the room...

Apart from that the staff was very nice and the room confortable,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had a stay over at Schiphol airport and since we could check our luggage through, we decided to stay in the Mercure hotel, inside the airport.
The room was small but comfortable, but we had only carry-on luggage.
One has to realize, it is just to sleep, for other things, the airport is there with restaurants, bars, shops.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Mercure Schiphol Terminal? Share your experiences!