“Convenient- Great Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Schiphol Boulevard 101, 1118 BG Schiphol, The Netherlands   |
Special Rate
€209 (EUR)
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Schiphol
Mississauga
“Convenient- Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This hotel is a great location,literally being attached to the airport. It is easy to find as soon as you exit customs. Added convenience that there is a mall and food court between the airport and the hotel. This also attaches to the train station.

The rooms are very clean but not overly spacious. If you are traveling with another person, expect that your standard room will be two single beds.

The staff are very helpful. We arrived before check in and the staff allowed us to access the health spa facility to shower and clean up as we waited for our rooms to be ready.

There is a restaurant attached to the hotel, I would not eat here because the prices are VERY high! A simple burger is about 20 Euros. Instead take the two minute walk down to the train terminal/food court, there you will find food at more reasonable prices although still a bit pricey.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear jam1king,

Thank for your detailed feedback and for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts on how you experienced your stay with us.
It is my pleasure to read you enjoyed your stay. I would like to thank you for your nice compliments regarding our convenient location, clean rooms and very helpful staff.
On the other I am sorry to learn you find our restaurant price-value relation not up to standard. Both, compliments and feedback will be shared during our team briefings. Until we see you again, wishing you a good day.

Kurt Renold

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Great location, close to check in
Stayed here to make a connection the next day. The hotel offers quiet rooms and overall great sleep quality, but the biggest plus is the short distance to the terminal. Three minutes walk only, indoors. Some minuses though; the free internet has the speed of the 90's (you can pay to get descent speed) and the breakfast is €29 extra.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Plq1975

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center while waiting for your connection flight. I appreciate that you have taken the time and effort to share your experiences on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to learn that you had a positive experience with us. Thank you for your constructive feedback as it helps us to continually improve our services

Until we see you again I wish you all the best from my team and myself

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

it's only by walk distance from airport. Comfort room, clean, quiet and nice staffs. The view from my room is not good. Only restaurant area and roof but it's ok to me. Toiletry mmm...i think they miss toothbrush and toothpaste. Overall, this is very good hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Andy G,

Thank you for visiting Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center and sharing your experiences here on Tripadvisor. I am happy to read your compliments regarding the quality of the room, the service and the convenient location, which I have shared with the teams. Furthermore I would kindly like to inform you that we have toiletry products available on request. Would you require any of these products during a future stay please inform us upon check-in.
Until we see you again I wish you all the best from my team and myself

Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

OK, this is not a 5 star like the Ritz London, but 5 stars because the hotel hit all the right points. Friendly staff, clean, quiet, comfortable. Breakfast in the lounge (Starwood Preferred) was delicious. Dinner of baked halibut, outstanding.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear JackBAPA,

Thank you so much for these nice comments and your very motivating words for our team. I am glad to hear you had an excellent time with us here at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel. Our goal is to always offer the best possible service and it is great to read you felt well taken care of during your stay.
We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at the Sheraton.

Kurt Renolds
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The fact that you can walk there from the terminal gives this hotel a huge plus over those that need bus or taxi journeys. I was very impressed by the man who checked me in; polite and efficient. The room was fairly standard. Mine overlooked the lobby so no natural light. No aircraft noise at all, however the noise from the corridors comes easily into the room. The cleaning staff were especially noisy. Pricey but you pay for the location. I disliked having to pay extra for the internet.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Bubu3,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. We sincerely thank you for your kind comments regarding the location and our front office staff, I have shared your comment with the front office manager. On a less positive hand, I am sorry to learn that you encountered noise form the corridor, my sincere apologies for this inconvenience.
We hope this situation will not deter you from reselecting our property for your future stay.

Kurt Renolds
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I love this hotel. As mentioned in a previous review, it is convenient for over night stay as its in the airport. I got a club room and had access to club lounge. All was excellent and worth it.

My only feedback to the management is about "PR" skills of front desk staff. Not sure if this is a Dutch thing (being cold and machine like) but I would like a more friendly attitude and welcoming attitude. There is a gentlemen (very fair) whom is like a machine with no emotions. Overall the PR skills of some of the staff at this hotel needs to improve.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear AfshinM,

I would like to reiterate my appreciation for your time in sharing your rewarding commentaries again with us on Trip Advisor.
Once again, I am delighted that you found the hotel convenient due to its location. On the other hand I am sorry to learn that we could not meet your expectations regarding the service. This experience you describe is not the level of service we pride ourselves with. Please kindly be informed I will definitely follow up on this with the Front Office team.
We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and hospitability of the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed here on two occasions in May 2014. We have stayed in airport hotels before but this was exceptional. Our flight arrived around 7.00am. After leaving the confines of customs and immigration it was about a five minute walk to the hotel. From the time of our arrival through to checkout, on both occasions, we were treated like family. We had a lovely room on level seven. Every member of the hotel team we met was friendly and had a smile which tells me this is a well run hotel - the staff are happy and this generates a great service culture which was evident throughout. Front office and concierge were efficient, answered our questions and offered advice on places to go. Nothing was a problem for room service. We had access to the lounge and were ably looked after by the Guest Relations Officer. We also ate dinner on a number of occasions in the restaurant - the food and service here was exceptional. Of course, the other big benefit is the hotel location. It is an easy fifteen minute train ride into Amsterdam Central Station or a half hour train ride south to places like Leiden and the The Hague. If you visit Amsterdam from March until mid May then don't miss a visit to the Keukenhof tulip gardens - the Keukenhof Express bus leaves from the airport. Staying here was really a very pleasant experience and I would highly recommend this hotel for it's service, value and location.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Aussietraveller1952,

Thank you for your compliments regarding your recent experience at The Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel & Conference Center. It is very thoughtful of you and I love reading your review. Our goal is to always offer best possible service and it great to read you felt well taken care of during your trip. Happy guests are what keep us going. I have shared your comments with everyone and we all look forward to welcome you again.

Kurt Renold

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!