“Welcome HOME!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Schiphol Boulevard 101, 1118 BG Schiphol, The Netherlands   |
Special Rate
€209 (EUR)
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Schiphol
Abtwil, Switzerland
“Welcome HOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I have rated this property before, but my last stay deserves another one! From the most welcoming and efficient check-in (including suite upgrade) by Aniek to the complementary thank you bottle of wine by Marcella Hollandee and last but not least the warm lounge welcome by Priya, who totally spoilt me, an absolutely satisfying stay! I'm almost afraid to go anywhere else!

Room Tip: Apron view rooms make the TV useless!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear RuediAbtwil_Schweiz,

Once again, I would like to express my most sincere gratitude you for your warm compliments.
It has been a great joy to learn that yet again we were able to make your stay a very pleasant and enjoyable one. I will make sure to share your kind comments with Aniek, Marcella and Priya in person. I am sure they are delighted to hear them.

I hope we can welcome you again soon.

776 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Dubai, U.a.e
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Living in Dubai we are used to fancy hotels, but certainly not used to the beyond excellent staff at this property. Everyone was a very friendly professional. Rooms are are very optimized for travellers. And being a cold rainy day it was great to stroll to the terminal for breakfast and shopping before check out. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Kcindxb,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. It is nice to read that you like the hotel and that you found our staff friendly and professional. I would also like to thank you for your kind comment regarding the room and our location. Until we see you again I wish you all the best from my team and myself.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

The rooms are clean and very comfortable but the place has a typically Starwood problem: they sell you a glass of wine at the equivalent of that same wine in a bottle shop or more. The cheapest plunk is 9.5 Euro's a glass and that bottle is even cheaper in a bottle shop. They'll never learn because they don't want to and at that location you can only go to the Hilton which applies the same policy and you don't really want to eat in the airport departure hall, will you?
International hotel chains should take a lesson from Australia where they are slowly dying because nobody eats there and room occupancy is also low due to the rise of service apartments and boutique hotels.....

Dear FreekB,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. We value your comments, as constructive feedback helps us to continually improve our services and facilities. My apologies for the fact we did not meet your expectations regarding the prices in our restaurant. I will pass this on to the concerned department head. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel in the future.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I used to pay less money and stay at Ibis or Novotel near Schiphol. I got fed up with having to wait for shuttles and then waste another 15-20 minutes riding the bus to the hotel. Believe me it is worth pay more money and staying at a 5 star hotel right at the airport. Sheraton is right in the airport connected directly to the Schiphol Plaza, where you will find restaurants, train station, bars, and shops. If you have to catch a next day flight or have to stay more than 5 hours in Schiphol to connect to another flight, Sheraton Schiphol is the best option. You can even stay at this Sheraton and catch a train into Amsterdam without any problems.

The hotel itself is well kept, as Sheratons all are. The glass elevators give you a beautiful view of the reception area and restaurant/bar area. The rooms are clean and new. The toilet had a seperate tub and shower, which I like. The room did not have a stocked mini bar, but I am sure they can stock it if you like.

Room Tip: If you have Delta Skymiles, you can get even more points for staying at a Sheraton.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear AfshinM,

Thank you for great feedback about your stay in our Property. We sincerely thank you for your kind comments concerning the location and the fact that the hotel is convenient for a transit. I am happy that you found the hotel suitable due to its location and the public transport facilities nearby. It is always a pleasure to read such nice reviews, also you are absolutely correct we can stock the minibar upon request. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Best choice for a romantic weekend. The hotel was easily accessible form airport/train station, just 15 min from city centre. Great view to the planes. Clean, comfortable room and bed. All the staff were very friendly and professional. The dinner was fantastic, the best steak I ever ate.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Anemona 80,
Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and for your review here on Tripadvisor. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed a romantic weekend with us. I would like to express my gratitude for your compliments with regards to the staff’s friendliness and the quality of our restaurant. Please be informed that I already shared your comments with the team.
I hope we may welcome you again in the future.
Medford Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Have been to Holland a few times and each time we stay at the Sheraton at the airport for our early morning flight back to the states. This is a wonderful hotel, great customer service and very clean rooms. It is pretty pricey but worth it if you can stay there. Makes traveling in and out of Holland very convenient

Room Tip: Try and get as high up as you can facing the airport to see the big planes landing and taking off...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear IronGutt,

It was a pleasure to read your compliments about our hotel, for which I would like to sincerely thank you. It is wonderful to learn that you appreciate our customer service and the cleanliness of the rooms. I will make sure to share your compliments with the staff.

Once more, my gratitude and I hope we can be of service again in the future.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Just a one night stop for business and needed the proximity to the airport. Everything was efficient, clean and very good. Room sizable, very comfortable and clean, no minibar, good shower facilities. Dinner was a decent steak and not too badly priced, breakfast was good but bad coffee and comes in very expensive. Talking about price this one definitely is at the upper end of the price range and in my view not worth the money unless you need to be on airport.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Maraalfa,

How nice and thoughtful of you to put your review here on Trip Advisor. We value all guest comments, and constructive feedback helps us to continually improve upon our services and facilities. I am delighted that you found the hotel convenient due to its location and thank you for your nice compliments. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel.

Kurt Renold

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!