“Airport hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Schiphol Boulevard 101, 1118 BG Schiphol, The Netherlands   |
Special Rate
€209 (EUR)
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Schiphol
Dubai
“Airport hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

The hotel is in the Airport, 15 minutes by train to Amsterdam Central from the airport with the train. Round trip will cost you 8.50 euros. Theres free wifi in the train.
The breakfast was good, the staff was very proactive and fast very friendly as well, room service fast, internet connection was good. General impression is good.

• Stayed January 2014
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Fit01,

Thank you for your review and fantastic feedback on your visit to Amsterdam and us. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your time with us and I have passed on your compliment regarding the level of service to our teams. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel.

777 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is the second Schiphol hotel I've stayed in (the other was Citizen M) and I prefer the Sheraton. There's direct, indoor access from the airport, so you can stay dry despite the frequent rain, and be in a safely lighted area if arriving/departing late. My room was immaculate and completely soundproof. The breakfast on the club level was generous and varied.

BUT, it took five requests to get my receipt after leaving, including a full 30 minutes on the phone with Sheraton customer service. There wasn't anything unusual about the receipt, they just couldn't get their act together. The hotel finally emailed me four (!!) times with a receipt, one of which was for another guest from another day. Poor guy.

Receiving a receipt should be such a pedestrian, routine activity for a hotel, I have to wonder what else might go wrong. I'll need a night at Schiphol again soon, but may stay elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear mtnview9,

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay here at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel.

First of all I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding our rooms, the clublounge breakfast and the safe area we are located in. We believe in providing great service to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Therefore I find it really disappointing to find out that this time we did not completely succeed. My apologies we did not meet your expectations after leaving our property. I thank you for having drawn my attention on this matter which I will discuss with my team.

Besides this experience, I hope you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence in our services on a future occasion.

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed there for a night before a conference at the Schiphol conference center. It is a great place to stay.
Location - 9/10 (depends on the need - it is just next to the airport and the conference center!)
Rooms - 9/10
Friendliness of staff - 8/10
Restaurant - 8/10
Return - Yes

Room Tip: The rooms are silent and no disturbance at all irrespective of the fact the it is next to the airpor...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Anand1968,

Thank you so much for sending us your wonderful feedback and for choosing our hotel for your recent stay. I am happy to read your compliments regarding the quality of your room, the service and location, which I have shared with the team. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel.

Lelystad, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Nice rooms with soundproof windows, friendly and service minded staff. Nice place to lounge and restaurant with good food, and to relax between flights, and a 10 minute walk back to the airport. Good gym. Great airport hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Intothewild_AC,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your review and the time you took to share your experience.

It is very pleasing to learn that we were able to offer you all the services you required. Thank you for your warm compliments with regards to the restaurant, the gym, the lounge and the convenience of the hotel.

I hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Location is great, best for short stays, very breakfast, room is excellent with great bed, size and amenities.. Highlight is the spa which is full of all equipment needed for a good workout. Breakfast is also pretty nice with a buffet and very good service..
Overall good stay though I wished it was a bit less pricey!!

Room Tip: 5th floor is better as it is also the SPG floor!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Mahesh1966,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding your recent stay.

It is an absolute joy to learn that you consider our hotel to be excellent for short business trips. I am sure that my colleagues will be delighted to hear your compliments. I hope we can provide you with much more excellent service during future stays.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Have stayed at this hotel at the airport twice. It is a bit expensive maybe, but it is very quiet and its facilities are good. Ate there as well, Food well prepared though also pricey perhaps. Good staff, good room, good bathroom. Especially nice for being at airport.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Lindy1991,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and for your review here on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to learn that you had two very convenient experiences with us. I will make sure to pass your compliments on to the team with regards to the facilities and the restaurant. I hope we can provide you with more convenient experiences in the future

Thank you again for your feedback.

Southampton, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I ended up staying here when I missed my flight hine after a business trip. Room was lovely, very spacious, huge bathroom. Reception staff were very helpful both at check in and on departure. Very close to the airport short walk across the road.

KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Hazelwhiteland87,

How nice and thoughtful of you to put your review here on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to learn that you flight plan changed for you, I am glad that were able to provide you with a service that made the experience less inconvenient. Thank you for your compliment regarding the quality of service provided by the front office team. Hopefully you will come back one day under better circumstances.

Kurt Renold

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!