“Incredible Holiday Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Schiphol Boulevard 101, Schiphol 1118 BG, The Netherlands   |
Offers & Announcements
€209 (EUR)
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Schiphol
San Francisco, California
“Incredible Holiday Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

My brother was flying into Amsterdam for his first winter Christmas vacation in Europe. We decided to stay at the Sheraton at the airport, as taking the train into Amsterdam is not that expensive (8 Euros a person return, which takes 15-20 minutes) and we didn't want to drag his luggage around. The rooms here were also almost half the price of the Starwood property in Amsterdam.

From start to end the experience was amazing: as a Platinum member I asked about an upgrade via email before arrival,. The response was quick, friendly and professional and positive: I was upgraded to a suite for my room and to an Executive room for my brother.

Check-in was seamless and the staff are among the most friendly of any in the many hotels I have stayed in across the world. They were always smiling, helpful and seemed to really enjoy their jobs, even though they were working over Christmas.

The suite and room were great - really spacious and spotlessly clean with a great view of the airport without the noise because of the superb soundproofing.

The breakfast choice was great, and we could eat in the dining room or the executive lounge. I chatted with a lovely lady from Ghana Christmas morning as she prepared my eggs.

We also received chocolates with turndown service every night, always with a smile. As we were on the evening train to Paris they gave us a 6pm checkout of the room (the suite was going to be occupied) and check-out was a friendly, chatty affair as well.

A great hotel with wonderful staff and a positive experience from beginning to end! I would absolutely stay here again and would recommend it to others as well.

Room Tip: Pay for a room with a view over the airport, so you can watch the planes. They are NOT noisy due to...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Bayboy 7320,

First of all, thank you for your wonderful comment regarding your recent stay. I was overjoyed learning that you and your brother enjoyed your stay with us so much. I would like to express my sincere gratitude for your warm compliments regarding the staff, the rooms, the breakfast and the overall experience. I will make sure to share your kind words with the staff.

It was an absolute pleasure reading your review and I hope we can provide you with the same service again in the future.

Warm regards and best wishes for 2014,

770 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Simi Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I've stayed at this property several time through the years, but recently moved our trade show staff to here. Good value and a great location. Simple walk from the airport is very welcome for the jet lagged traveler and the trains and trams to the RAI and Central Station work very well.

Always some trade offs when you stay at the airport, but the property is great, its easy to get into town and the staff is wonderful. This is a very well run property and I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear Greg_D_In_Cali,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport hotel and for your review here on tripadvisor.

How wonderful to read that you enjoy staying at our hotel so much because of the service level and the convenience of the location with regards to the airport and travelling to Amsterdam. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to the staff.

Once more, I would like to extend my gratitude.
I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is perfect for early flights from Schipol. Service is generally good. Computers on reception level and in the bar area don't work and have slowest internet connection. Serious upgrade required. No hot water in the morning, meant a cool shower in the middle of winter, not a great start to the day. Breakfast at 27 euro's also abit ridiculous!

• Stayed December 2013
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear yolanderose,

Firstly I would like to say thank you for sharing your hotel experience with us. I am glad to learn that our hotel could bring you the most ideal convenience to your flight journey and also thank you for your compliments about our hotel service. However I feel very disappointed to read that you were troubled with internet issue and showering issue during your stay with us. I understand it must be very frustrating when there was no hot water in the morning especially during the winter season. I will surely follow up on this with our engineering manager and IT manager about your feedback. Furthermore I also feel pity that you think our breakfast buffet was too pricy however I do hope you enjoyed our large selection of the most fresh and carefully prepared food and drinks we offered in our finding dining Voyager Restaurant.

I hope we will see each other soon again.
Calvia, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Well, it's virtually 2 min walk from the terminal, easy to find, and at the Sheraton standard. The room are spacious, quiet, perfectly clean. The staff at the reception and at the bar were very nice (especially at the bar). I still find it cheap to extra charge the wifi. Breakfast is expensive but you can find alternatives at the airport.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Christophe B,

Thank you for your review! Sheraton Amsterdam has a stellar reputation for customized customer service and most convenient location. I am so happy that you had the opportunity to enjoy the comforts of our staff’s accommodating nature in both our front office and Gate bar. As you indicated, our hotel is conveniently located in Schiphol with the direct connection hallway. While our location provides serenity away from the immediate ‘buzz’ of the airport, we are only a few minutes away from the terminal! Thank you very much for the compliments and also your honest feedback regarding our WIFI service and breakfast. I will surely follow up on this with my teams.

I look forward to seeing you again soon!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Perfect choice for a quick business trip when you want to stay at the airport. Especially nice to in the winter as the hotel is attached to the airport terminal via a very nice shopping plaza so you never need to go outside. Very modern and comfortable with standard Sheraton airport location hotel rooms; well appointed, comfortable and clean. Wi-Fi a bit pricey.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Seattledowntown,

Thank you for visiting Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center and for sharing your feedback with us.

I am really glad to learn that you have enjoyed a convenient stay with us. Furthermore, I would kindly like to inform you that we offer free Wi-Fi in the hotel for all our guests.

I hope we will provide you with the same service again soon.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed for one night prior to my flight leaving the next morning. The hotel and room were modern and clean. The staff were friendly.
I had dinner at the restaurant with a coupe of travelling companions and it was also quite pleasant.
A good hotel to stay at with excellent access to Schiphol airport.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear JMac-Perth,

Thank you for your lovely review! Here at Sheraton Amsterdam we pride ourselves on caring, genuine customer service. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed a positive experience with our service and facilities and I will be sure to relay your positive experience to my team members. I am so happy to hear that you had the opportunity to enjoy our most fine dining restaurant-the best restaurant in Schiphol-Voyager Restaurant.

Thank you, again, for your review and I hope to see you on your next visit to Amsterdam!
I hope we will see each other soon again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Thanks to Heathrow fog, the Sheraton became my unplanned home for one night. A larger Executive room was all that was available and was quite pricey. Market forces I guess. But it was spick and span, and comfortably contemporary. A really good restaurant, helpful concierge and bellman, and a 2 minute walk to the connected miracle that is Schipol airport equals a very good base.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear scoochlondon,

How unfortunate that the fog in Heathrow changed your travel planning. This must have been quite inconvenient. However I do appreciate the compliments concerning the cleanliness of the room and the helpfulness of our staff. I am glad to learn that we were able to provide a pleasant experience even though it wasn’t planned by you. Hope to welcome you again in the future, under any circumstance.

Kurt Renold

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!