“Expensive but very convenient to stay then fly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Schiphol Boulevard 101, Schiphol 1118 BG, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Schiphol
Victoria Australia
“Expensive but very convenient to stay then fly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had a midday flight out of Amsterdam Airport and decided to stay the night before at this airport hotel which is right above the terminals and also the train station, so very convenient to say the least. We had a large room with a very very comfy bed and a bath overlooking the airport. Sound proof as you would expect and so easy the check out and pop on down to the check in counter.
Only disappointment was the price we paid did not include brekky and there was no facility in the room to make a tea or coffee, but otherwise very good.
Staff were lovely.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear SusanP169,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts on how you experienced your stay in our hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed a convenient stay with us. Regarding the coffee and tea, I would like to inform you that recently we installed coffee machines with improved quality on several floors. In addition, we still offer the in room coffee and tea facilities upon request.

I hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

709 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Good "in airport" location , with friendly and attentive staff. First time at this particular hotel, and would certainly stay again. The restaurant was quiet, but had good and varied menu. The poor rating for sleep was solely down to the fire alarm at 2am

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Christopher J

I would like to show my gratitude to you for sharing your experience with us concerning your latest stay. I am elated that our location was suitable for your journey. Furthermore, I would like to thank you for you kind comment regarding the friendliness of our staff. However I also would like to offer my sincere apologies about the disturbance caused by the fire alarm in the night. And I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will reward us with another visit in the future.

I hope to personally welcome you back soon in our hotel.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Great location being part of the airport so ideal for catching flights. Express train available to Amsterdam easy to find. As reception was busy lovely lady from the priority desk checked us in. All staff were very friendly and efficient. Room was perfectly clean, comfortable and quiet. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Ina P,

I would like to express my sincere gratitude for taking the time to describe your recent experience with us.

It is an absolute joy to read that you had such a convenient stay with us. Furthermore, I would like to thank you for your warm compliments regarding our staff. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to them.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon in our hotel.

Guatemala
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton for one night, the location is as convenient as it can get. You can access the hotel directly from the Schiphol terminal near the trains entrance and it is a 5 minute walk at the most. The front desk staff was very friendly. I needed to take a train for a meeting outside Amsterdam and it was not a problem whatsoever. The rooms are not great and they are not 5 star quality but I can not complain regarding the sleep quality, I could not hear a plane passing by and the bed was great !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear EdgarSGuatemala,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding your recent stay.
It is a joy to read that we were able to contribute to a comfortable business stay. Furthermore, thank you for your comment regarding our Front Desk staff. I will make sure that your compliments will be passed on to them.

I hope to welcome you back soon in our hotel.

Auckland Central, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great stay ! Room was immaculately clean. Arrived at 7am in the morning and they were so apologetic that it wasn't ready. Gosh who expects a room to be ready at that time. anyway they gave us free coffee vouchers and access to the showers and fitness area so we could freshen up. Antonio on the front desk was fantastic. Such a lovely but professional man. They also gave us a free upgrade to a club room. Had a cool view of the runway but it was so quiet ! So convenient and easy to find too when you get off the plane after 40 hours of travelling....
The breakfast was the best I have ever seen and we travel a lot and have seen a lot of breakfasts. All the staff we really good and gave service before it was asked for. anticipating needs I call 5 star service. Charin at breakfast wasn't about to let me fill my own hot water for tea and brought it to the table. Well done guys...great hotel

Room Tip: Have the breakfast..its worth it
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Doby00,

I would like to sincerely thank you for describing your recent stay with us.

It is an absolute joy to read you had such a wonderful stay with us. Thank you very much for your very warm compliments regarding the staff. I will definitely share your kind words with them as well as they will be delighted to hear them.

It would be an honor to provide the same service again in the near future.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

For an airport hotel, this property was a pleasant surprise for my first stay. The location is actually quite convenient, since you can walk from your flight and check right in at the hotel, with no shuttle necessary. You can also walk out the hotel entrance and purchase train tickets and board trains to go any direction in the Netherlands, quite easy. There are also plenty of places to eat in the airport/train station area, as well as a Starbucks.

My room was good, not great, but a clean place to stay. The breakfast restaurant seemed OK, not spectacular by any means, but some basic items as well as coffee and juices for the guests.

The staff was friendly and I would consider staying here again if I wanted to be at the airport.

Room Tip: The club level rooms might be the best at this property.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear IlliniRon,

I am elated that your first stay with us will be the first of many more to come.

We know that convenience is one of the most important factors for a business traveler and that’s why we always try to keep our service most professional and facilities most comfortable for all of our guests. Our staff will extend every courtesy and go above and beyond to be attentive and friendly so you leave with fond memories of your stay with us. Our location is convenient and we are just a few minutes walking from the airport and train station.

I look forward to your return soon.
Boulder, CO USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel is convenient, quiet and comfortable. What more can you want for a hotel for a layover? It has 3 restaurants and is attached to the main terminal. Also, it is adjacent to the train station. There are many shops available in the public area of between the train station and airport.

Dear Alors,

Thank you for your glowing review on our Trip Advisor page. I am so glad that you found our hotel very comfortable and convenient to stay. As an airport hotel we certainly understand how important the convenience and comfort would be for our guests, and this is also why we always try our best to make every guest a very enjoyable stay in our hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon again!
Kurt Renold

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!