“Location location location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center

You added Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Schiphol Boulevard 101, 1118 BG Schiphol, The Netherlands   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Schiphol
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Canada
“Location location location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed one night in AMS before heading back over the pond. Usually stay in the city, but because of an early morning departure decided to give this property a go. What a great surprise! It's literally a 5 min walk from the main concourse of the AMS terminal, and you're in your room within ten minutes. Amazing.

Rooms quiet and clean, service professional and friendly.

Would definitely recommend a stay here, especially if you're in transit. Just take the train into the city and come back and stay here!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear LongWayAcross ,

What a delight reading your kind summary of your stay. Thank you for making us happy and of course for having taken a moment of your time to reflect on your experiences.

I am really glad to learn that you and your friends had such an enjoyable and convenient stay with us. A big thank you for this highly motivating compliment and recommendation. And we will certainly share your comments with the entire team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon again!
Kurt Renold

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Indonesian first
Oslo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed for one night before meetings in NL, as other reviewers point out - very conveniently located, you dont need to go outside from the airport. Good rooms, nice bed, although WiFi signal was very poor on 5th floor, almost to the point of being unusable.

I found the staff very friendly, both at the reception and at the bar.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear A_Norski_Rus,

I am happy to read you have had satisfactory and convenient stay with us.
We strive to provide all our guests with the adequate facilities and conveniences to enjoy their stay. However, I am sorry to learn that the Wi-Fi reception was not very good. Please be informed that I will definitely follow up on that with the Systems Manager.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Kurt renold
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

the fact that I could just get out of the plain and go to bed wake up in the morning and get on a train to my meeting was great, I stayed there for one night hotel was night and clean, I would have loved to have a king size bed but this was not available happens to the best of us :-), yet I was surprised when I tried to call the reception at 11:00 PM for about 15 minutes and no one picked up the phone, yet when I walked down they solved my problem right away and with a smile.

Dear Brucegurfein,

First of all, I really appreciate your kind words here on tripadvisor regarding the hotel’s services. It is our pleasure to have provided you with the adequate service which led to a good experience. However, I am sorry to learn that you were not able to contact one of the staff at the reception. Nevertheless, I am happy to read we rapidly took care of this issue.

It would be an honor to welcome you back soon.

Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

A colleague and I recently had one night in the Netherlands, and the next morning had to get to a place about 40 minutes away by train for an early morning meeting and then get back to catch a flight out. Though fairly expensive in relation to other hotels in the area, the convenience alone justifies it. In addition to that, the hotel staff were friendly and the rooms were nice, comfortable and quiet (free of airplane noise). It was so great to walk over an internal bridge to access the airport terminal and railway station. We did not take up breakfast as it was not included in our high room cost and the cost of a buffet breakfast seemed quite high. With numerous very good eateries for breakfast in the airport terminal, one could have a low cost alternative.

Dear StanLipin,

My sincere gratitude for your review in relation to your experience in our hotel.
It is an honor to read that we were able to offer all the conveniences a business guest requires when travelling. Furthermore, thank you very much for your compliment regarding the staff’s friendliness and our rooms. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the housekeeping manager and the staff.

I hope we have the honor of providing you with up to standard service in the near future again.

Orinda, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel is pricey, but you cannot beat being right at the airport for a morning flight.
The train takes you right to the airport, and you can easily walk to the hotel, then walk back to the airport for your flight.
The young lady who checked us in was very professional and friendly.
The hotel is clean and modern, the room plenty comfortable.
The restaurant is pretty good, also pricey, but if you don't want to sit for a formal meal or spend a lot of money you can go to the airport and eat there, or go to the grocery store in the terminal and buy what you want.
We enjoyed our stay here, it was convenient and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear likecomfy,

Many thanks for sharing your experience with us regarding your recent stay with us.
I am happy to learn from your review that we contributed to a convenient and comfortable stay. As an airport hotel it is of utmost importance that we provide these conveniences and I am thrilled to learn this is what you experienced.

I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

An easy walk from the Schiphol terminal. Smooth check in with complimentary upgrade to a very spacious executive King. Got a phone call from the manager after check in to personally welcome SPG platinum member which is a nice touch. The club lounge has decent finger foods that actually filled me up since I was a bit jet lag and not hungry in place of venturing out for dinner( which is an easy walk with quite a few varieties at the terminal). The bed was comfortable and the room was so quiet that I forgot that I was at the airport. The bathroom is clean and decently appointed. A great stay if you want to be near airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear PP 2603,

Thank you very much for your review regarding your recent stay with us.

It is great to hear that your stay with us has been up to standard, especially that you forgot you were staying near an airport, which is a really warm compliment. I will make sure to pass all your kind words on to the concerning staff members.

I hope you will have the opportunity to return soon.

Grobbendonk, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

For the second time I stayed at the Sheraton before I flew to the USA. There is no greater thing then go on your plane after a pleasant stay at the Sheraton. They have great beds, there's absolute no noice from the airtraffic, clublounge is so comfortable and you get fresh out of their shower before leaving.
Girls at check in are very friendly, rooms are big and clean and there was a complimentary bottle of water and cookies in my room.
And not to forget that the Sheraton is connected with the airport. It's only like a 5 minute walk inside the building of Schiphol.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Isabelle-Leesveel,

First of all, thank you very much for your delightful review concerning your stay with us. All the positive comments you described are the themes which are very important to us. Be able to provide guests excellent service, tranquility, comfortableness, convenience and last but not least a good night’s rest. It is an honor to read we were able to provide you this.

I hope to welcome you again next time before you fly back to the USA.

Kurt Renold

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!