You added Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Schiphol Boulevard 101, 1118 BG Schiphol, The Netherlands   |
Offers & Announcements
Park. Stay. Fly
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Schiphol
GreenLeadersSilver level
Shanghai
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have had only good experiences with Sheraton hotels in airports, and this was another one.

I had arrived from a 24 hour connecting flight so I was a bit tired and jet lagged.
I got there very early, and I had booked my room from the night before. Check in took less then 5 minutes. Very professional staff.

The hotel is super conveniently located on the airport terminal. It is modern, rooms are very comfortable, staff around the hotel is very professional and helpful, room service was very good. Internet was very fast, there are 24 hour a day tea/coffee facilities close to the lifts on the floors ( good quality, excellent presentation ).

The health club is a bit small, but it is ok for a workout. I had a great time there!

On the terminal, which is less then a 5 minute walk you can find everything you need, from food, electronics, exchange, and it is very easy to get into Amsterdam. It took around 20 minutes or so by train from the airport terminal.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Mbaramal,

Thank you very much for these nice comments. It is a sincere pleasure to hear we contributed to a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. Furthermore, thank you for specific compliments regarding the professionalism of our staff, the comfortness of the room and our room service. I will most definitely pass your warm words on to them. I wish to welcome you back soon in our hotel and to provide you again with the same service level.

Once more, many thanks for your comment.
Kurt Renold

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Indonesian first
Utrecht
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is now my 4th stay in this property and I will probably keep coming back here, even when I need to be in the city. I've stayed at the Pulizer before, which is also their property but I just keep coming back to this one. It has everything you need and more. Good gym, steam room, pool and a club lounge.

Lately I've been more into a raw kind of diet so I try to east mostly unprocessed foods. This presents some challengers when traveling but I try to load up on doggy bags with eggs, salmon and meats whenever I can. They weren't availble in the club lounge when I was there, but the staff was super helpful and got me some items from the kitchen to store my 'lunch' in.

I was also an hour over my late checkout. (5pm instead of 4pm), but they didnt make an issue out of it.

To add some perspective to my review I will say that I think their prices are pretty steep but I guess that's what the market is willing to pay for it, because they sell out on a regular basis and the hotel is always busy.

That being said, I still prefer this one over any other 'chain' hotel in Amsterdam - because AMS is so spread out anyway you need to take a tram or cab anyway. If you're on the move, Sheraton Schiphol Airport is the best choice.

PS if you specifically want to stay INSIDE the city. Check out the Sofitel Grand or Conservatorium Hotel. Especially the last one is really good.

Dear WytzeNL,

Many thanks for sharing your warm comment with us. It was a sincere pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to thank you for your compliments regarding specifically our Health & Fitness center and the service our staff provided you. I will definitely pass your kind words on to them as well.

Once more WytzeNL, thank you for taking the time to leave your comment with us and I hope to see you back in our hotel in the near future.

Burbank, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I came to the Netherlands (Maastricht) for a short 5 day visit. My outbound flight left Schipol at 7:15 am, so I selected this property because of its extremely convenient airport location. My room was very well appointed with excellent insulation (quiet) and quite modern and stylish. The public areas are also very well appointed. My only objection to this facility was the steep room price. Because of my early flight and long travel day to the USA, I decided it was worth the cost. However, paying 400 Euro's (US $ 532) is a completely 'over the top' price for what a is basically a very nice airport hotel. For $532, in the USA, I could have stayed at a luxury resort. I found it very annoying then being told that there was another E19.95 charge (US $ 26.50) for internet access in my room. I don't get the philosophy that more expensive property think it's OK to charge extra for internet access when mid-priced hotels (such as Best Western) don't charge at all. So to avoid the charge, I had to sit in the lobby--then their system automatically logged you out every 30 minutes so that interrupted some uploading of pictures that I was doing. So apart from the steep cost, I would recommend this property is close airport access is a must (or if someone else [your company] is paying the bill!]

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mr. MitchThomas,

First of all, thank you for sharing your experience with us via Tripadvisor. It is good to hear we were able to positively contribute to your short visit to the Netherlands. I would like to thank you for your compliments relating to the convenience of our rooms and the allocation. Though, my sincere apologies that you felt the price/ value relation was not up to standard. We strive to provide all our guests the comfort and genuine care they deserve. I will definitely pass your feedback on to the hotel management.

In closing, once more my sincere gratitude for your comment and I hope we will be able to provide you with a more up to standard service in the future.

Innsbruck, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

The reservations line took quite a time to connect and actually disconnected itself in midst conversation which was annoying. Reception staff friendly but not authentic, you get the impression they are running down a list of questions. Hotel location is fantastic and easily accessable from the terminal. My room was clean albeit a bottle cap lay next to the bed, bathroom was immaculate, good first impression. Complimentary sirup waffles and 2 small bottles of water in the room..great! Free Wifi for the 1st 30 mins. so if you have different devices, each get 30 mins. air time for free :-), after that its expensive. A/C dried out the air in the room, room climate not that great if you suffer from that (cannot open a window...). Great breakfast in the morning, staff same as reception, not really interested in your well being but rattling down the standard courtesy questions. Nice selection of fruit, teas, hot & cold meals. Great beds. All in all fine for one night but overall experience felt a little sterile.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear M Z,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your specific compliments regarding the hotel location and the room cleanliness. However, I am sorry to learn we did not go the extra mile to make you feel more comfortable and to provide you our personal touch. Furthermore, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced regarding the air-conditioning. May I kindly ask you to inform us next time during your stay so we are able to help you immediately. Nevertheless, I will definetly follow up on this with my Maintenance Manager.

Once more, thank you for your comment and I hope to welcome you back soon at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport hotel.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I regularly stay at this hotel for business. We have used it for both the conference facilities and rooms. You can not have a better location to have a group of people come together and meet. Super beds, good staff and GREAT location (right in the Schiphol) above the train station and airport. I love the Starwood brand but do not know if I would stay here as a tourist unless I had an early morning flight or overnight stay in Amsterdam. The hotel internet is EXPENSIVE and they do charge a premium for everything. You are paying for convenience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Bram M,

It is my sincere pleasure to learn that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you very much for your kind words and recommendation. However, I read in your comment that the internet was costly in your opinion. Please be informed that we have the first half hour WIFI in the hotel, free of charge. Furthermore we have the Link@Sheraton in our Lobby with complimentary internet access. Charges for additional WIFI access are indeed applicable in our hotel and these charges are aligned throughout our hotels within Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

In closing Mr. Bram M, thank you again for your recommendation and I hope we have the honor of welcoming you back again soon at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel.

Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Over the years, I've used this hotel as a base on more business trips than I can count. It is located right within the airport with easy access to the office park across the street, the train system, and of course the airport and its facilities.

This trip, the staff was friendly as always. The check in and out process was very easy. The room is comfortable and very easy to get a good nights sleep in it. Like all SPG hotels, there are complimentary bottles of water waiting for you when you arrive - a very nice touch for frequent travellers.

I am knocking off one start for the conference facility, not the hotel itself. Our experience with the conference facility was not as perfect. The conference room, AV, etc. was great, but catering was a bit of a mess. There was no signage on the catering as to which meeting the food was for, so we found that other meetings were taking from our buffet. This meant at lunch, there wasn't enough food for the meeting and the coffee was frequently empty. The staff, as you would expect, was quick to remedy the issue, but it feels like something that could have been prevented.

Overall, very nice experience. I highly recommend the hotel if you need a convenient base of operations for a multi-city trip, or just a place to stay in Amsterdam.

Dear Eldub1999

It was a real pleasure to read your comment regarding your stay with us. Thank you very much for your compliments concerning our staff, the room, the location and our amenities. It is very pleasing to hear we were able to provide everything up to standard.

However I am sorry to hear the catering during your meeting was not adequate. I will definitely follow up on this with my banqueting manager as this does not reflect the service we strive to.
Once again my sincere gratitude for your comment and I hope to see you in our hotel in the near future.

Busan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel’s location could not be better. My wife, I and 18 month old son were travelling from Asia to UK and decided after 2 flights it would be a good idea to stop off for a night in Amsterdam. All we wanted to do was take a rest, freshen up and relax before we took our third and final flight. Well, we could not have got a better hotel. Sheraton Schiphol is connected to Schiphol airport. We walked through Immigration and within less than 5 minutes were checking in. There is a Video on YouTube or the Sheraton website that shows you how close you are. The rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. Room service as quick, and food was tasty. We did not eat in the restaurant. Check in and out was a breeze. As we already had our boarding passes for our 3rd flight, we left the hotel 45 mins before scheduled departure time and were at our gate waiting with 30 mins to spare. I will not hesitate to book this hotel again if I need to stop off in Schipol.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Tobster 3,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us.
It is a real pleasure to hear that we were able to contribute to a pleasant journey in between your flights. Thank you very much for your compliments regarding the quality and quickness of our in room dining services. I will make sure to pass your generous compliments on to my colleagues.
I hope to welcome you back soon at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport hotel.

With warm regards,
Kurt Renold

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!