“Best choice for that early start” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center

You added Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Schiphol Boulevard 101, 1118 BG Schiphol, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Schiphol
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Best choice for that early start”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

630am wake up call this morning for an early flight from AMS, and was so glad I'd chosen to stay here again.. Sheraton is actually the closest of the 2 hotels to the arrival and departure terminals-it's possible to be at check in desks within a 5-10 minute walk depending on terminal.

As for the hotel, check in was a breeze, and the room on the SPG member floor 5 was functional but if its a wow you're looking for, you'll be disappointed.

Bed was comfy but bedding way too dense and unwieldy which didn't aid a great night's sleep.

Bar and restaurant looked standard for an airport hotel, and a small but well equiped gym facility is located at reception level.

• Stayed August 2013
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear anthonyruk,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us this August. I am glad that you appreciated the most convenience from our hotel to the airport. I would also like to thank you for your feedback regarding the bedding issue of our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. I will certainly follow up on it with our housekeeping manager.

Once again, thank you for the recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kurt Renold

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Excellent stay, highly recommended. Rooms are spacious, clean, nice and correspond to 5* rating. Hotel is quiet and has nice facilities such as gym and the pool. Complimentary hot drinks. Very convenient location, if u have a connection flights, or just a little time to spend in the city. U don't even have to step out of the airport to enter to hotel. If u want to go to The city, it s cca 15 minutes by the train.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear mishii_mis,

First of all, let me thank you for your recent comments and compliments about our hotel facilities.
We are delighted to read that you had an “excellent stay” in our hotel. It is our pleasure to learn that our hotel can offer the most convenience to our guests no matter whether they go to the city Amsterdam or go to take the flight.

We hope that we could thrill you once again during a future visit in Schiphol Amsterdam Airport.

Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

At check in, I was given a key to my room without verifying my identity. This I consider a major safety and security hazard. (I mentioned this to the receptionist while checking out). Strangely the bell captain insisted on my identity to retrieve my luggage from the storage but my room key was handed over to me without any verification. This doesn't really match up in terms of consistency.

The room by itself was comfortable with a convenient refreshment centre and vending machine near the elevator to make your own tea, coffee or espresso. Very good in terms of convenience. Although, we missed having the option of hot chocolate as not everyone drinks tea or coffee.

The room provided one very small bottle of complimentary water. For double occupancy that is very little. It would be nice to have two bottles of water in the rooms. (We made arrangements to buy our own extra water eventually .)

Despite being so close to the airport, there as no sound of airplanes. The hotel was a couple of minutes walking from the Schiphol plaza which was very convenient. Admittedly this hotel is a whole lot more expensive than other hotels in the area. I would easily say, almost double the price than other hotels. I assume they charge this premium because it is one of the only hotels within walking distance other than the Hilton and CitizenM Schiphol.

The breakfast at the hotel was excellent and we were spoilt for choice. Numerous choice of breads, breakfast pastries, juices, fruits, yogurts, sparkling wine, mineral water, cheeses, cold cuts, baked beans, hash browns, mushrooms, an omelette station, smoked salmon and shrimp along with some salad.

2/3 days that we were at breakfast the chef was missing from the omelette station and we had to request one of the servers to call them. The chef Ms. Agnes seemed kind of grumpy and intimidating in her behaviour which was very unwelcome to begin the morning. Almost like she seemed overworked. To get our order, we had to be extra polite , almost like she was the guest and we the hotel staff. (This is not to cause trouble to this chef but just feedback.)

Almost all major hotels offer complimentary wifi Internet but here only the first 30minutes are free and then you have to pay a high fee. On request, we were given a one hour access at the Link @ Sheraton in the lobby and the speed was unbelievably fast. One of the best so in terms of data area safer at lightening speeds - it was a great experience. It would be nice to have complimentary Internet access throughout.

We happened to be at the lobby on one of the afternoons when the Emirates crew happened to be checking in. During that period, it is impossible to get the attention of anyone at the reception for almost 30 minutes as it an airline crew from an A380 aircraft which is a lot of people checking in.

The fitness centre is well equipped but it appeared the steam and sauna are common facilities for men and women (with individual changing rooms thankfully). This is strange as almost all hotels offer gender specific facilities.

A request for late check out was given a standard answer of a fee of € 10 per hour of extra usage. I assume this is a standard policy at this hotel as a number of guests must be requesting this service in case of evening departures. Usually when hotels have rooms available they are willing to extend check out times for a couple of hours but not this hotel.

Overall, a good stay but a few considerations as listed above would make it well worth staying again.

Room Tip: Request for a room with an airport view to pass some time watching the planes.
Dear MumbailndiTraveller,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing such detailed feedback with us. I really appreciate your honest opinion and comments. Many thanks for your compliments and improvement points you provided to us. In our constant improvement processes and in detecting certain points that need additional attention your feedback is of greatest value to us.

With regards to your safety and security concern, I would like to inform you that the security policy is one of the strictest policies we have always obeyed by in our hotel. However I feel sorry to hear that our front office associate forgot to ask for your identity when check in. I have already shared this feedback with our front office manager to make sure every front office associate will be more careful with this situation in the future.

Furthermore in terms of your breakfast experience, I am happy to know that you were impressed by our various selections we offered. Also regarding the missing chef in the omelet station I have personally talked this feedback to our food and beverage manager and your kind suggestion has been shared with our staffs as well. Additionally with regard to the internet service and fitness center you experienced I also would like to value your honest feedback again.

I believe every one of us at Sheraton Amsterdam airport hotel and conference center is honored that you would take the time to share your detailed thoughts with us, and we surely look forward to your return visit soon.

Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is within the airport buildings, so that is nice. you have to go outside to get to the Hilton, which is also nice, but not as good as this. The bar is a bit dissapointing with not much going on, but the cafe next door is usually upbeat. The rooms are great and very sound proof. only issue is it can be a bit pricey if you don't get a good deal, but deals are available. Really nice and big fitness center.

Dear JSMinMN,

I am really glad that you enjoyed staying with us. Thank you very much for your compliments about our hotel facilities. It is always our pleasure to know our guests have had a comfortable and enjoyable stay in our hotel.

I definitely wish we can welcome you back again soon!

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed one night following a cruise. Connected to the airport, which is very nice. My room was ready at 10:00am, also very nice. Excellent fitness center. Very nice exectutive lounge. The staff at check in and in the lounge were very helpful. The room was large by European standards and very quiet. Breakfast and wifi were included in the rate.

Room Tip: I would go for the club level rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear KLHUsa,

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay with us. It is a pleasure to hear that your stay was up to your satisfaction and it makes me proud to hear that our staff contributed to that.

I hope to see you back any time soon, until then, the best wishes from me and my team!

Buckingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

If you are stuck at Schiphol and want a break go to the Runway Café at the Sheraton. First class, Great staff and great food, and cold beer - also complimentary internet access. Best airport lounge I have ever been in. Traveling easyJet out of Schiphol means you can't get to an official airport lounge ( Why ? ). Great discovery. Sheraton just jumped up my list.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Dumbledrew,

I am delighted to hear that we managed to give you a relaxing and refreshing experience at our Runway Café. Let me share your acknowledgements regarding the Club Sandwich with our culinary team; I am sure they will love to hear it!

Should travel brings you to Amsterdam again, I would like to welcome you back.

San Rafael, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Amsterdam airport a few different times over the summer, coming to Europe and during transits. Transiting via Amsterdam is far less painful than Heathrow and as airports go, Amsterdam is probably the best in Europe in terms of amenities, food, shops etc..., and I visited a few of the other airports, including Heathrow. All that said, the Sheraton's proximity to the airport was fantastic. It is an approximately 10 min walk from baggage claim to the hotel lobby, with clear signs providing direction. The staff, overall was super friendly and helpful. Of the 3 times I checked in over the course of 3 weeks, my experience was mostly great. There was only one time when I arrived early, where the messaging on my room availability was a bit inconsistent. The rooms themselves were modern, efficient, clean and comfortable. Now wish I had taken a picture. Being a gold member I did enjoy the Starwood floor with the coffee/espresso and tea machine. The hotel also had a decent gym and I used the showers on one occasion while I was waiting for my room. I can't comment on the food since I took advantage of all the food options available right at the airport. The location simply can't be beat and the hotel itself is very comfortable. One final note is that the windows were super noise proof as I can't recall ever hearing airplanes while in the room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Yojude,

Thank you very much for providing us from this great words regarding your summer stays with us. Happy guests are what keeps us going. As from your comments you took advantage of our location with transport facilities in proximity, shops and food and drink possibilities.

Moreover, I am very pleased to hear that our staff contributed to a comfortable and memorable stay. I would love to have the oppurtunity to welcome you back!

Kurt Renold.

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!