“Great hotel for a stopover” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center

You added Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Schiphol Boulevard 101, 1118 BG Schiphol, The Netherlands   |
Offers & Announcements
Park. Stay. Fly
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Schiphol
GreenLeadersSilver level
St. John's, Canada
“Great hotel for a stopover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

One night here while traveling. Very convenient and attached to airport and subway. Rooms were modern and spacious. Restaurant was Excellent, and the highlight of the property Great steak and a good wine list. Dined alone but the atmosphere and the bar area was comforting and very high end for an airport hotel. Bartender was also very friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
smitsf, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear keithnewhook,

I appreciate your time and review about our hotel on TripAdvisor.

From the information provided to me via your profile, I learnt that your travel style is “Nothing but the best” and that is why decided to stay with us for your recent stay to Amsterdam. Your profile information also shows that for you a great vacation include great food/wine and Spa So, I am proud that you could find both of these elements during your recent stay with us. I also learnt that while travelling you would like to blend with the locals, so I would highly recommend you to borrow a bike upon your next stay and explore the exciting surroundings of Amsterdam, you will very much like that experience.

For your next visit to Amsterdam, I wish you a very warm welcome.

Fred Smits

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Indonesian first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great hotel to sleep when you have to be in the Dutch capital for business or pleasure. If you have to fly it's a great place to stay, the hotel is directly attached to the terminal.
The Heavenly beds are great this also applies to the staff and the restaurant. The hotel is massive and is used as crew hotel for several airlines but it's got a personal touch and the service is 5 star plus/ Love to be here, even when I don't fly i love to come here just to relax.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear sBastiaan,

I must share with you that I enjoyed reading your comments about our hotel. Thanks to TripAdbvisor, our appreciated guests can share their experience with everyone.

There is no doubt that you enjoyed our Sweet Sleeper bed, restaurant and caring and friendly team members which contributed to a very comfortable stay. I am proud that you recognize our “Personal touch and 5 star service” and love to visit us every now and then.

I wish you a very comfortable stay at your favorite relaxing place.

Apache Junction, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel one night between flights at the Amsterdam airport (AMS). It's in a very convenient location, between the airport and the train station and just a 2 minute walk from the main part of the airport terminal. The hotel is excellent in just about every way except very pricey. The room rate was 194 euros, internet charge was 19 euros, one long distyance call to the US was 33 euros. We ate in the Runway Lounge, connected to the hotel. Good food but also pricey.

Dear gtrjim,

I am glad to read that you had a chance to stay in Amsterdam for a night and you decided to stay with us. I hope you had enough time to go around in the city as the trains are leaving very often from Schiphol to Amsterdam Central Station and it takes approximately 20 minutes. I would recommend you to enjoy a bike ride in the surroundings of Amsterdam upon your next stay. Please be informed that you may borrow a bike from us to explore the local area.

For more possible exciting activities, please do not hesitate to contact any of my team members, they will be more than happy to share their local experience with you.

I hope you visit Amsterdam soon and I wish you a very comfortable stay with us.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Sheraton is attached to Amsterdam’s Schiphol airport so you can walk from the arrivals area straight to the hotel within a few minutes.

I had booked a last minute trip and it was a particularly busy weekend in Amsterdam so there were very few suitable options in central Amsterdam. There is a train that runs from the airport to central station in about 20mins so I decided to pick the Sheraton.

The hotel is modern, bright and professionally run. It is business orientated and lacks personality and warmth however the facilities were clean and modern.

We selected a club room on the 8th floor which had an amazing view over the airport, was a good size. The room had air-conditioning, a minibar, safe and large bathroom with both bath and separate shower. Being a club room it also gave access to the 8th floor club lounge which served a good selection of food and drinks throughout the day which made the room good value.

There is 24 hour room service, on the first night we arrived late and tried to ordered something from the menu, there is an extensive selection up until midnight and then a limited selection after this. We ordered about 5-10 minutes before midnight but were told we could only order from the 24hr menu, this was not a big deal but just a little annoying having to select again.

All in all a good quality business hotel which is great for the airport and about a 20minute train ride into the centre of Amsterdam and a good option if there is nothing suitable in town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
smitsf, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear SMEC,

I am glad to read that you decided to stay with us for your recent trip to Amsterdam. And I highly appreciate a review about our hotel from a Senior Contributor of TripAdvisor.

Thank you for recognizing us as a “Great airport hotel”. I am sorry to learn that you faced inconvenience by being not able to order from the choice you had made. Please accept my sincere apologies for that and be informed that I will follow up on that with the related department. I also learnt from your profile information that you travel for work and fun. So, I would highly recommend you to borrow a bike from us upon your next stay and explore the exciting surroundings of Amsterdam. I am sure you will enjoy it. I am also proud to learn that you stayed in one of our club rooms and made use of Club Lounge. It is pretty clear to me that you enjoyed the Club Lounge experience.

I hope that you come soon to Amsterdam and I wish you a very warm welcome for another comfortable stay with us.

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The Sheraton Schipol is within Amsterdam's Schipol airport, a two minute walk from check-in. The room was large and well lit, the bathroom superb with a forceable shower, the bed comfortable. The room was absolutely silent even though our room looked out over the runway. The bathrobe was 5/5 fluffy. Wifi is free for SPG gold members. Because half of the rooms look out into the atrium, if you have a fondness for sunlight ask for an exterior room. The health club had good machines, and an excellent sauna and steam bath. The shower in the sauna had 3 nozzles so you could be inundated with water. Breakfast was expensive (29 Euros). The only problem is that they did not have completely automated checkout - you actually had to stop at the desk! All in all the best place to stay when you have a 9:15 plane. Because Schipol is quite inefficient you need every minute of the recommended two hours, even if you have premier access.

Room Tip: Ask for an exterior room if you like sunlight - half of the rooms look out over the atrium.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
smitsf, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Playaneuron,

Since you are the senior contributor of TripAdvisor, I would like to thank you for your valuable time to comment about your stay here on TripAdvisor.

It is just great to hear that you chose to stay with us for your recent visit to Amsterdam. We always want to create a relaxing and reviving experience for our guests, and I am glad we succeed in that. About completely automated check-out, please be informed that you can make use of express check out cards which are placed in the rooms and you can also find them in the lobby just in front of the reception on a desk. And if you wish to receive invoice, we can also send it to your email address. From your profile information, I got to know that during your vacations, you like great food and wines. So, I would like to invite you to dine in our Voyager restaurant upon your next visit and I would highly recommend you to attend Sheraton Social Hour at THE GATE during weekday’s between17:00-19:00 where you can explore premium award-winning wines from the finest winemakers around the globe.

I hope you will have a chance to see Amsterdam once more and I wish you a very warm welcome.

TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This hotel has it all and is my very favorite place to stay in Amsterdam. It is a few steps from baggage claim at the airport and a few steps from the train station. I had an early flight into Amsterdam and asked if I could check in (it was only 9 am). Room was not available but I was given a complimentary coffee and free wireless in the lounge. The rooms are great - fitness center excellent. Restaurant - just typical.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear SuzfromTex,

Many thanks for taking the time to commenting on your stay with us and sharing them on TripAdvisor.

Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I am glad to read that our also enjoyed our convenient location, rooms and fitness center. I feel proud to read that you found our hotel to be “Best airport hotel ever!!”

Amsterdam is a very nice city and we hope we will see you here again sometime in the future.

Willemstad, Curacao
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

since we travel a lot, having stopovers in Amsterdam, we usually book a room at the Sheraton Schiphol Airport hotel, we were always very satisfied, but we have come to realize that the prizes for the rooms have gone up by at least 30% in the last few years, also the service in the restaurant is extremely slow! The food is excellent, so are the beds, but the prizes are not really great value..

Room Tip: it might be worth to upgrade to the executive floor, so you can use the executive lounge, where they...
Dear Lyn D,

I highly appreciate a review from the senior contributor of TripAdvisor. Really thank you for sharing your views and for the feedback about our hotel.

I am glad to read that you always choose to stay with us upon your visit to Amsterdam. Thank you once again for your feedback regarding the service at the restaurant; I will follow up on that with the related departments.

I hope you have a chance to visit Amsterdam soon and I wish you a very warm welcome.

Fred Smits

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!