“Love this hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Schiphol Boulevard 101, 1118 BG Schiphol, The Netherlands   |
Special Rate
€209 (EUR)
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Schiphol
Seattle
“Love this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I don't write a lot of reviews but I will this time. I stay at this hotel whenever possible, but its very busy and hard to book at times. What I really love about it is the staff and their attention to detail coupled with the fact that they're just nice people. Stayed last Thursday and was welcomed back with a very nice amenity and a beautiful room. I was dead tired and they gave me a drink coupon when I checked in as we'll, and I slept like a baby. I really didn't want to leave...

Room Tip: Lol, they don't have a pool, couldn't get that rating back.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
smitsf, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Ron V,

I am really glad to read that you have taken the time to appreciate our service and team members by writing a Tripadvisor comment. I really appreciate that.

It is very clear that you have had a very pleasant stay with us. I am also glad to read that you also enjoyed our special Sweet Sleeper beds. Is there anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable? Please share with us upon your next visit.

We really look forward to give you a very warm welcome again upon your next visit to Amsterdam.

779 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Unlike many airport hotels, the Sheraton Amsterdam airpot hotel has comfort and style in addition to convenience.

Perfect for travelers with an early flight the following morning. The hotel is inside the airport, 5 minutes from ticketing.

We took the train from Schipol into town. After touring town on bikes (available to rent all day for €7) we stopped at local pubs for drinks, dinner, conversation, and entertainment. No cars not only meant no parking, but also that my host could drink bier and wine. Trains run back to Schipol all night.

The only negative is Sheraton's short sighted policy of making me choose between WiFi and points. I am a Sheraton gold traveler. How about a little respect? In return for my loyalty, you give me nothing extra. Even if I were not gold, stripping loyalty points just makes customers look at hotels such as Hilton who are more generous with their loyalty points.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear 10RatsRock,

I would like to thank you for your valuable time and for sharing your warm thoughts on Tripadvisor.

It is our pleasure to hear that you have had a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed our convenient location. Thank you very much for your lovely comment “Best airport hotel ever”. I will certainly share it with my team. As far as the internet prices are concerned, please be informed that we have the first half hour WIFI in the hotel, free of charge for our guests. Furthermore we have 4 terminals in the lobby with complimentary internet access. Charges for additional WIFI access are indeed applicable in our hotel and these charges are aligned throughout our hotels within Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

On behalf of our entire team at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel & Conference Center, we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The big plus about this hotel is that it's just a few minutes from the airport arrivals, so no tiresome and expensive transfers are required.

The hotel is nice and quiet too, and the rooms are comfortable, Service was in the main friendly and efficient.

I can't imagine many tourists would stay here though, due to the expensive room rates, and the exorbitant 29 euro breakfast in the main restaurant. I did try the more reasonable cafe one morning, but left after a while as nobody showed any interest in serving me!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
smitsf, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Rover022,

Thank you very much for your time and sharing the much appreciated review on Tripadvisor.

It is very nice to hear that you were comfortable here with us and enjoyed out convenient location. It also makes me proud to learn that you found my team members to be “friendly and efficient”. However I am sorry to learn that you were not served in our café. Please be informed that I have shared your comment with my team in order to make sure that this will not happen in future.

We really look forward to welcome you again for a very pleasant and comfortable stay.

Krakow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Spend one night being late for a connection flight. The hotel has a perfect location, you can walk to the departures hall avoiding the rain. Had no reservation so asked for the price at reception. 380€. Went to on-line agent and got 250€ there. Reception staff said they cannot find it in the system and I need to pay the price they mentioned. We agreed to wait untill it passes in the system. In the meanwhile I went to their restaurant (good food and a smooth service). When returned the reservation still "was not there". The staff did not want to talk to on-line service callcenter I contacted. Strange. I do not understand. They will not give you the on-line price if you ask, then if you succeed to make a reservation they are charged by the agent probably 15% on their price. Not logical. Finally they found it and I could go to sleep for the online price. Longest check-in ever. Still the hotel is spotless, greatly located, just service is diffcult to understand.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
smitsf, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Topolnic,

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your experience about our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry to learn that your stay was not up to your satisfaction. Please accept my sincere apologies for the feeling we have given you during your stay. It was never our intention to give you a dissatisfied and unappreciated feeling during your stay. We strive to provide all our guests with a warm, personal welcome and a pleasant stay. I am very sorry to read we failed to provide you with these important values. Please be informed that we have informed and addressed the relevant department, in order to prevent any similar situations in the future.

Beside the inconvenience you faced, I hope to welcome you back again in the future to show you the genuine comfort and service that the Sheraton Amsterdam stands for.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Upgraded to a concierge class room and worth the extra.
Clean, comfortable, and had all the amenities most travellers expect.
Room service fast, and fresh.
Registration staff excellent. Luggage storage available and reliable.
Concierge lounge computers slow, very nice cocktail hour.
The ease of getting to your flight is the biggest draw for this great hotel!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
smitsf, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Joyce333,

I would really like to thank you for your feedback and for sharing the warm thoughts about our hotel on Tripadvisor.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your upgrade to our Club Lounge & Club Room. It also makes me proud that you enjoyed our friendly and efficient staff. However I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you faced with the slow computers in Club Lounge. Please be informed that I have already shared your comment with my team.

Thank you once more for your feedback. On behalf of our entire team of the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel & Conference Center, I would like to welcome you back in the near future.

Saint Paul
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Considering all the airport hotels I have stayed in, I believe this one to be one of the best. The oval shape of the lobby is fantastic, and the design of the hotel is very contemporary. During my last visit, the receptionist was helpful in finding my SPG number and adding it to my reservation. I also found the room to be spotless with lit closets to hang clothing, and the beds were very comfortable. I was on the club floor, and I was pleasantly surprised to find some syrup waffles waiting for me when I arrived at 6 in the morning! It was regrettable, however, that there was no iron in the room for me to take care of my suit before my meeting. Note that on the club floor there is also a lounge with some light breakfast options in the morning and free alcohol in the evening. The lounge itself was larger than at other Sheratons though it seemed pretty busy on the morning I was there. I would recommend this hotel only for business travelers and the wealthy, though; the price I paid on business was exorbitant, and I would have never, ever paid that amount while traveling alone. For that, I would recommend the NH Schiphol, which is accessible by van, is not too far away and has very clean rooms as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Stp0707,

Thank you for sharing your experience about our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed all the aspects of our hotel which contributed to a comfortable stay. It is a pleasure as well to read that you enjoyed the Continental breakfast in the Club Lounge. Besides complimentary drinks, we also offer warm snacks between 5 pm and 8 pm in our Club Lounge. However I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you faced by not finding the iron in your room.

We really look forward to give you a very warm welcome upon your next visit to Amsterdam.

Sg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

It adjoins the Schipol airport. Together with neighboring Hilton, it is a great choice for layovers and day trips to amsterdam central. Simply walk across to the airport through the walkway to get access to restaurants, last minute shopping, trains to the city etc etc . Great gym available for in house guests. Rooms are a little small, but acceptable for a business hotel. A Must if you've got an early flight to catch.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
smitsf, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Sharonsoon,

I am glad to read your experience with us and I would like to thank you for sharing it on Tripadvisor.

We are proud to learn that you enjoyed our facilities and our location. Indeed, our hotel is the only hotel which is directly connected with the Airport.

I hope you will have a chance to come back to Amsterdam and I wish you warm welcome back.

Warm regards,

Fred Smits

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!