“It helps being a SPG member” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Schiphol Boulevard 101, 1118 BG Schiphol, The Netherlands   |
Special Rate
€209 (EUR)
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Schiphol
Ski Municipality, Norway
“It helps being a SPG member”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

At the absolute last possible minute KLM decided to cancel my flight back home at 21:45. Heavy snowfall in Amsterdam had caused problems all day long and a strike in Spain (Iberia) was not helping the absolute chaos. Since AMS closes for business at 2130 I was left starnded by my airline without any word of help. All hotels were booked to the bursting point, no trains ran, all the car rental companies had chut down and there was a mile long line for the few taxis that were availble. I strolled into the Sheraton presented my SPG corporate card, requested a room and got the only one left (THE suite) at 650€ this was expensive but all the other alternatives were worse.

Had a great evening and insteda of being dead tired because i did not sleep on the stretchers in the airport but a huge double bed!

Did get a refund from my airline but would have still payed for it myself if no other option!

Very attentive staff, and a lovely club area for suite residents.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
smitsf, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 19, 2011
Dear valued guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for sharing this positive feedback with everyone! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us, despite your traveling troubles. Thank you for your lovely comment about our associates, I will certainly pass this on.

May you have any further questions or comments, you are more than welcome to contact us directly. We hope to see you again in the near future!

774 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Kandersteg, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

The warm welcome was only the beginning of a very pleasant - although rather short - stay at this hotel that is conveniently located at the heart of Amstedam Schiphol Airport. The warm and professional check-in was great and the hotel rooms fulfilled all the wishes including a very comfortable bed. Breakfast was excellent and the check-out happened fast. All in all a hotel to return to!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear appreciated guest,

Thank you very much for your cordial comment on tripadvisor! It is our pleasure to read that you have had a very pleasant stay with us. We put a lot of importance on giving our guests a warm welcome and providing them a home away from home. We are very proud that we have made your experience with us a memorable one.

If you have any further comments or questions, please feel free to contact us directly. We hope to see you again in the near future!

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for three weeks of each month for two years on business.

I can't praise the staff and management highly enough, they made me very very welcome at all times.

Great location for public transport, and Starbucks in the airport five mins walk away :-)

Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
smitsf, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
Dear appreciated guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your lovely comment about our hotel and staff on Tripadvisor. We are very happy to hear you are enjoying your stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Raisa Brusse
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I spent two, 24-hour layovers at the Sheraton Amsterdam on November 10th and again on November 22nd.

I was passing through Amsterdam on my way to Arusha and chose this property (1) as my husband and I are rabid Starwood fans and (2) location, location, location.

We rarely stay at airport hotels and I have to say this one exceeded my expectations. Once you disembark the plane and get your luggage it's a short five-minute walk through the airport to get to the Sheraton (you never leave the airport). We arrived at 8AM and only had to wait about an hour before the front desk found a room for us - and after an 11-hour flight I was really grateful.

The room was very clean and quite spacious. The bed was comfortable and the shower had a separate shower/tub which is key for me as I like to take a hot bath after a long day of travel. The room itself is soundproof. I never once heard any plane noise.

After resting up we were ready to go into the city. Again, location is key because you simply walk out of the Sheraton lobby, down the hallway and down a moving ramp and... voila... the train station is right there. 15 minutes to the Central Station. Perfect.

So perfect, in fact, that we changed our return reservation from the Hotel Pulitzer to the Sheraton Airport.

A short note on airport food:

On our first stay we stopped by La Place Express which is a little cafe in the Plaza Schipol just before you go up the escalator to check in for your flight. They make fresh food here (fresh-squeezed juice, paninis with fresh produce, salads). It's a great place for breakfast and not expensive at all.

Another great place to eat in the the Schipol airport is the Dutch Kitchen - again fresh food, much better than the garbage you get on a plane.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your memorable experience at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel on tripavisor! It is truly a delight to read about your enjoyable stay in Amsterdam. Indeed, our location is one of our prevalent benefits. Our sound-proof windows in combination with our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed ensure you a good night rest – without the noise disturbance of the airplanes.

May you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Giza, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

The best thong about this hotel that its directly connected to the airport terminal , also the shopping centre at arrival hall is very close and it's open till 10 pm .

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
smitsf, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Dear appreciated guest,

Thank you for your input on tripadvisor. We are indeed very proud to be the only hotel which offers a direct connection to Schiphol Airport and its adjacent train station.

May you have any further comments or questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us directly. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I stayed here back on business overnight a few months ago and would highly recommend this hotel. For one thing, the convenience factor is great and this is a nice Sheraton as compared to the ones back in the United States. It's right there as you are about to exit Schipol, and you never have to step outside as there is a tunnel that leads to the hotel. There is also the train station right before the tunnel which gives quick and convenient access to the City Centre which is about a 15-20 mins train ride. Check-in was quite quick and the front desk welcomed me and recognized me as if I had stayed at this property for years (my first time). I think they recognized that I was getting in later in the evening and wanted to get on with my night, so they provided me with everything at check-in including detailed information on the city and where to go etc. I was also very pleasantly surprised to see an upgrade to a Suite with a fantastic view of Schipol. If one ever stays at an airport hotel, having a great view of the field itself is a plus and this was exactly that and then some. The room was very clean with a separate living room area, and the bed was incredibly comfortable during my one night stay. There is free breakfast for SPG Platinum members and the overall service level is very good compared to other Starwood hotels. Some might say it's better to stay in the city, but when you have a train station within walking distance and it can get quite cold in the winter months I believe this is a great option. During my next stay in Amsterdam, I look forward to staying here. This is a top notch Sheraton that exceeded my expectations and I could not have had a more enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
smitsf, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Dear appreciated guest,

Thank you very much for sharing this lovely comment on Tripadvisor.
We are proud to hear that you appreciated our staff’s recognition of your needs and that you enjoyed your stay to the fullest. We will definitely share your comment with all associates since we absolutely love to hear this positive feedback!

We are excited that you are looking forward staying in our hotel again!

New Orleans Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

If you're looking for a great hotel in or near Schipol (Amsterdam) Airport, this is the place for you. Impeccably appointed with a staff that is friendly, efficient and willing to do whatever it takes to make your stay a pleasant one. The Sheraton Schipol Airport was our recent choice as we returned from Paris via Thalys (hi-speed train). No need for taxis; just a 5-minute walk to the hotel/airport, which allowed us to spend more time in Paris rather than traveling to/from the airport/hotel. Also, the hotel itself is a brilliant design with rooms and common areas that you won't soon forget. It's a little pricey but well worth the cost for the convenience of not having to pay for additional transportation. (BTW, the breakfast in the restaurant was superb as well!)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
smitsf, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for sharing this lovely comment about our hotel on tripadvisor! It is truly a delight to hear that you have had a wonderful stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact us directly.

Warm regards from Amsterdam,
Fred Smits

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!