At the absolute last possible minute KLM decided to cancel my flight back home at 21:45. Heavy snowfall in Amsterdam had caused problems all day long and a strike in Spain (Iberia) was not helping the absolute chaos. Since AMS closes for business at 2130 I was left starnded by my airline without any word of help. All hotels were booked to the bursting point, no trains ran, all the car rental companies had chut down and there was a mile long line for the few taxis that were availble. I strolled into the Sheraton presented my SPG corporate card, requested a room and got the only one left (THE suite) at 650€ this was expensive but all the other alternatives were worse.
Had a great evening and insteda of being dead tired because i did not sleep on the stretchers in the airport but a huge double bed!
Did get a refund from my airline but would have still payed for it myself if no other option!
Very attentive staff, and a lovely club area for suite residents.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Highrise Hotel situated at Schiphol Int'l Airport with direct access via enclosed walkway to terminals; 10 km to city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelsNL, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel Haarlemmermeer
- Amsterdam Sheraton
- Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel And Conference Center Schiphol, Haarlemmermeer