“Fun and relaxed stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Schiphol
Canmore, Canada
“Fun and relaxed stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This was my first stay at citizenM but definitely won't be my last. So easy to check in and out, very friendly and helpful staff, terrific location just steps from the airport. Very 'Jetsons' to a person like me 'of a certain age '. I really appreciated the relaxed atmosphere around the bar area, and the food was tasty. The room was a delight and spotless, a welcome change from many hotels. You won't have a ton of space but everything is laid out so well, you won't even mind. Do yourself a favour, book here.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Don't expect anything conventional at this very trendy airport hotel. It's perfect for the solo traveler transiting at the airport given that it's a short walk from the terminal building with clean and futuristic rooms. The room features were totally intriguing and I'm sure the photos do better than having me try to describe them. Not particularly suitable for families or friends sharing a room due to the (very) open room layout and space constraint.

What ticks:
- very friendly and helpful staff
- clean, futuristic rooms

What doesn't:
- sound-proofing from noise in the corridor
- breakfast bar counter not the most comfortable

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was my first time staying at Schiphol but it was just as amazing as all of the other CitizenM hotels I've stayed at. The staff was awesome, the rate perfect and you can't beat the hip easy going atmosphere. Wifi everywhere is a plus and I love roaming the halls reading the interesting travel quotes.

Stayed July 2014
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

As at least one other reviewer stated, there is no need for me to repeat most of the room description etc. It has been said. I generally don't disagree with other reviews except as it relates to room size and suitability for more than solo travel. It obviously is individualized, but my wife and I don't get the criticism. It's clear from the descriptions that these aren't large rooms and as long as you know that and accept it, it's a great deal. You can get a larger room as well as a larger price at other nearby airport hotels if that is what you want. You need to be reasonably close to anyone you're traveling with since there is only one bed. Otherwise, the shower pod and toilet pod are close, but there is a non see through curtain separating the bed, small desk area and window from the toilet, shower and sink. If you don't close the curtain, you do have a see through shower. The toilet pod is frosted, non see through glass. One chair at the desk, but the bed is large and comfortable. The bed is the entire width of the room and extends up to the glass window. Plenty of room for at least two people to lounge on the bed or sit up with your back against a wall as I am doing writing this review. The TV is mounted on one wall about the middle of the bed. Every staff member I saw were outgoing and helpful. Anyway, neat concept, great airport location and my wife and I already have a return reservation for our connection next month.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Easley, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This hotel is very trendy and extremely convenient to the airport. It is a very short walk from the airport, which is great after a long flight. The room was very modern and the bed was large and extremely comfortable.

I chose a room with an airport view hoping i would get to see planes landing and taking off, but only saw them just sitting there so that was a bit of a disappointment.

The convenience to the airport also comes in handy for getting to the train station. It is about 20-25 minutes to get to Centraal station in Amsterdam. It might be better to stay in Amsterdam if you want to spend a lot of time there as it is annoying to go back and forth, but for one night this was fine.

My main complaint was my fancy looking modern shower dripped all night. That made it tough to sleep. I feel they must have been aware there was a problem because housekeeping left a towel in the shower to catch the water. Probably should have fixed that before having someone stay in the room.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

It's my 2nd time staying at this hotel. I just love the simple operations of this place. Everything is just a click of a button away. It's so convenient especially when you just need a place to rest before boarding the plane. The staff are so helpful and friendly. I missed the dinner which was Indonesian dishes. I went to the airport for a burger which was not what we would like to eat if given a choice. It will be good that a menu poster is placed inside the elevator or at the exit door as a reminder. Will still stay here if I ever come back to Amsterdam again.

Room Tip: Every room is a good room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Delft, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I don't think there's anything I can write in this review that hasn't already been said by the 2222 reviewers before me, but here goes...

I moved to the Netherlands from Canada a few weeks ago and stayed at this hotel for 1 night on the day of my arrival. I had 2 large suitcases and didn't feel like lugging them around far from the airport, especially since I had to take the train the next day to travel to my new hometown.

They are literally located 5 minutes on foot from the airport. Staff was very friendly and helpful. When I self checked-in, I didn't have much of a choice for the location of the room, which was a little disappointing, but I wasn't there for the view. The room was exactly as pictured and everything was in working order. I honestly didn't choose this hotel for its design, toilet/shower pods or remote-controlled coloured lights, but it was a nice touch for a solo traveler moving to a new part of the world. I also made extensive use of the free movies, thanks to my jet lag. Sound isolation was overall excellent.

My only complaint, which is no one's fault really, is that I was paying from a Canadian bank account and it ended up costing a lot more than I had initially estimated (credit card fees, self check-in fees and ridiculous exchange rate). Still, it was well worth the cost for such a hassle-free experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to citizenM Schiphol Airport? Share your experiences!