I had booked to stay at the Yotel but they moved me here due to them getting work done on their roof. I didn't think it was ideal as Yotel is in the terminal but I loved Citizen M.
Check in was so efficient with a girl waiting to see me as soon as I came in the door. She was very pleasant. The rooms are on the small side but it's exactly what you need if you are just there for a short stay. You enter and the shower was on the right and the toilet directly across from it on the left. If you're staying as a couple, that might be slightly weird but as a solo traveller, it was completely fine. The shower doesn't work if you don't have the doors shut so no chance of wetting the entire room. The shampoo / shower gel smells amazing!
The bed is extremely comfy and the addition of the cuddly toy is cute. There are automatic blinds which is a novel feature. The mood lighting in the room is also an excellent idea and is great when you are lounging around in the evening and want a dimmer light or in the morning when you want it a bit brighter.
I didn't go to the bar for drinks or food but it looks extremely well stocked and there are lots of seats on the ground floor.
I would definitely return here if I was coming back to Amsterdam - probably choosing to stay out here rather than in the city centre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Connected to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, this modern budget hotel offers affordable lodging with hi-tech amenities for business and leisure travel including Wi-Fi, an LCD television, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your citizenM Schiphol Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Hotel Amsterdam Airport Hotel Schiphol-Rijk
- CitizenM Schiphol Airport Haarlemmermeer