“Wonderful views and good food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada
“Wonderful views and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Starting off at Painter's Lodge we took the little boat over to April Point - staff was friendly and fun. We had an excellent seat by the window so got to see the gorgeous sunset. The restaurant staff was attentive and helpful. Our meal was wonderful - prices are not out of this world. Wine suggestion was good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
OakBayMarineGroup, General Manager at April Point Resort, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
I’m so glad you enjoyed your meal at April Point Resort & Spa. The sunsets witnessed at the Resort are truly remarkable and made all the more special when experienced over a delicious meal. Thank you so much for the review and I hope to see you back at the Resort soon.

Vancouver Island, Canada
“Dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

My husband took me for dinner there in honor of my birthday. The menu is very limited. I found the place on the shabby side. Our first time back there in 12 years when we had a pleasant and tasty brunch there. Dinner was very pricey and my husband did not eat his after taking a few bites. We were asked about desert and when we said we didn't want any the bill was deposited on our table without any further ado. Even though we still had coffee in front of us. We would expect this in a busy coffee shop but not in a pricey restaurant like this. Very disappointed and will not be back for any special occasion there. There are many other good restaurants and pubs in Campbell River. This place is supposed to be a landmark and has history in the area but they sure need a tune-up! Aside from the food, the experience to go over there and views are fantastic, but that is not due to the work of the Oak Bay group. Shame on you, you are running this fantastic place into the ground!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
OakBayMarineGroup, General Manager at April Point Resort, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
I’m so sorry your meal at April Point did not meet your expectations, or mine. I take the quality of our food very seriously, so I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience. I will continue to monitor all the food that leaves our kitchen to ensure that it meets my high standards. As for our prices, I think you’ll find that we are very competitive with similar restaurants.

We have a number of ideas about how we can continue to improve April Point. We perform renovations every offseason and will be considering a number of options this year. I assure you we have every intention of making sure that April Point remains a stunning resort befitting its beautiful location.

“Breakfast great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Dinner is pricey and the menu is limited. The food is excellent. The breakfast is reasonably priced and well done. The service is slow but everywhere we ate had slow service

Visited August 2014
I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your meals at April Point. We are working extremely hard to ensure every dish we serve is of a very high quality, so I appreciate your comments. I do apologize for the service you received. I have talked to my staff and make sure that moving all of our guests our served in a timely manner. Thank you for your review and I look forward to your next visit.

Sincerely
Vancouver, Canada
“Lunch was a disappointment.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We had read some bad food reviews, but 8 of us finally tried it for lunch one day - it was as poor as we had been warned. Not just me, but all 7 guys I was with had sub par meals (and we weren't expecting much). April Point is a super fun resort to be at if you are fishing, but it is surprising they don't take more care in making the food as enjoyable as the rest of the experience.

Visited August 2014
I’m disappointed to hear about your meal at April Point. I assure you that the quality of our food is a very high priority for me. We went as far as completely renovating our kitchen before the start of the season and coming out with a new menu to make sure the quality of our food continued to improve. I appreciate your feedback and will continue to keep an eye on the food being served in our restaurant to ensure it meets my high standards.

“I'll pass...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

On my trip I went there on 2 separate occasions. The first time we had sushi. The wait for it was lengthy and ended up with the wrong order. No offer to have it removed from the bill. The server told us we should have told him but he was no where in sight for long periods of time and we were hungry. Second time we went over we had lunch. A couple of us got burgers and my daughter got chicken tenders, pretty simple stuff. Both my burger and my husband's was dry and covered in charcoal layer. His bun literally just had mayo on it. The fries were hard and crunchy too. My burger was not what was described on the menu either. Daughter didn't even finish hers, which is a rarity with a teenager and she said the chicken tenders were too hard and dry to finish. Again we didn't say anything because it took so damn long that we just inhaled it. The prices were standard but I was disappointed overall in the fact that what a spectacular opportunity to do something fantastic in that location yet the food is less than what I'd expect for that place. You have people come through there from all over the world, you may want to up your game.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
OakBayMarineGroup, General Manager at April Point Resort, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
I’m sorry to hear about your experience at our restaurant. I assure you that the service and quality of food you received during your visit is not the norm at our establishment. Our goal is to deliver a dining experience that equals the immense beauty that surrounds our restaurant. I’m sorry your meal did not live up to those standards and I hope you will give us another chance.