“Nice weekend getaway from Vancouver” 4 of 5 stars
Review of April Point Resort & Spa

You added April Point Resort & Spa to your Saves list
April Point Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   900 April Point Rd, Quathiaski Cove, British Columbia V0P 1N0, Canada   |
Special Offer
Thrill & Chill Package
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Quathiaski Cove
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice weekend getaway from Vancouver”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at April Point for 3 nights. Drove up from Vancouver on a last minute decision. From the beginning of my booking to my checkout, all the staff were friendly, helpful and efficient.

I stayed in one of the larger ground floor suites looking out over the straight. It was gorgeous. Fantastic bathroom with a huge jacuzzi tub and a lots of water pressure in the shower. I went up by myself but the room could have easily accommodated 4 people with a king size bed in the bedroom and a pull out couch in the living room. The view was fantastic. I also treated myself to a massage and pedicure in the spa. I found the room for the massage a little hot. They needed some a/c. But the pedicure was done on an outdoor deck overlooking the water. Wow, what a great experience.

I will definitely go again. Hopefully next summer with a couple of friends.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
OakBayMarineGroup, General Manager at April Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I’m so glad you enjoyed your time at April Point Resort & Spa. It sounds like you had the perfect getaway.

I’m happy your room was too your liking. Between the stunning views, the size of the room, the luxurious Jacuzzi and the close proximity to so much amazing wildlife I can’t imagine a better place to spend your vacation. And there are few things in life more relaxing than getting a pedicure out on the deck of our spa with the perfect by the ocean.

Thank you so much for your review and I look forward to your next visit.

Dean Prentice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

We had a two night stay in one of the ground floor suites in mid September during a great spell of weather. Lovely big room in which we slept really well and with a lovely view across Discovery Passage. The grounds of the hotel are not extensive so not much room to explore but sitting out front meant we saw humpback, orca, sealions and otters. Restaurant seemed a bit dark and lacking in atmosphere but in good weather there is a large outside seating area which is a much better option. Food pretty good. We took a car over to see a bit of the Island but in hindsight I would just use the free shuttle from Painter's Lodge and put your feet up whilst you're there!

Room Tip: Any with a good view over Discovery Passage
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
OakBayMarineGroup, General Manager at April Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of April Point Resort & Spa. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the view and all the incredible marina life that surrounds the resort. Where else can you see humpback whales, orcas, sea lions and otters right from your hotel room? This is what makes April Point so special. And yes, our restaurant deck is a great place to grab a bite to eat while enjoying an ocean view. I’m happy you enjoyed it.

You’re right about our free water taxi from Painter’s Lodge. For those who want to avoid the ferry to Quadra Island you can simply park your vehicle at Painter’s Lodge and take the water taxi across Discovery Passage to April Point. You can also use the service to travel between the two resorts during your stay to take advantage of all the amenities and activities offered at both properties.

I look forward to your next visit.

Dean Prentice
Hertford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

What a fabulous place . Left our car parked at Painters lodge and took the courtesy water taxi across the river which was every 20 mins . Everyone from Painters lodge ,the water Taxi and on arrival at April point could not of been more friendly and helpful .
We had a fabulous lodge which overlooked the river at the far corner of the resort. It was huge with a separate lounge area . Extremely peaceful .
Sitting on the decking watching the resident seals bobbing up and down , the eagles fishing as the salmon were jumping out of the water and the Turkey Vultures on our balcony , oh and the Deer wondering around was amazing .
The food at the on sight restaurant was very good . I will be urging anyone I know who is visiting Canada to stay here .

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
ChristineFleming, General Manager at April Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 10, 2014
I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay at April Point Resort & Spa. I’m really happy you received such wonderful service during your trip. Our management team works extremely hard to hire and train our staff each year so we can put together the best possible team at the resort.

That’s so great that you got to see so much amazing wildlife during your stay. We’re so fortunate to be located in an area where spotting seals, eagles and deer are a common occurrence.

Thank you for your review and I look forward to your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

we popped over from Painters for lunch one day and the meal was the best we had on our 5 week holiday - fabulous.
nice area to walk around - quiet and rustic
did try to get a spa appointment and was surprised by curt reply - short staffed and near weekend. not the way to win customers!!!

Room Tip: short ferry trip to get to this venue
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Wow, the best meal you had during your holiday? Thank you so much for the compliment! I’ll make sure to pass on your kind words to our kitchen staff. I really appreciate your review and I hope to see you back at the resort soon!

Campbell River, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014

We stayed here the third week of Sept 2014 on the North Island Special. A great deal. It always feels like you are away from everything when you are at April Point. The room was rustic but comfortable with a view of the inlet. We also went to the spa and had a great manicure and pedicure. While we were there a pod of killer whales entertained us by spy hopping, breaching and tale slapping. It was amazing! The front desk staff & wait staff were also very good. My only complaint (although minor) is that April point continues to struggle with the consistency of their food. The first night the meal was great! The next for lunch my mom's soup was cold and my cobb salad was missing the chicken. The staff quickly fixed this and it was good. The second night for dinner my mom's steak came cold & again was fixed. Despite this I continue to adore April Point and will be back as I am a local!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
ChristineFleming, General Manager at April Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 1, 2014
I’m so glad you enjoyed our Fall Getaway Special. With one night’s accommodation and a $50 meal credit for just $139 it really is a fantastic deal. Stay tuned because we’ll be running the same special in the spring when we reopen.

I couldn’t possibly imagine a better way to spend an afternoon than receiving a manicure and pedicure on the deck while a pod of Orcas swims by. That must have been amazing!

I’m happy we were able to resolve your concerns quickly and efficiently so you could still enjoy your meal.

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

Booked 3 nights for the special fall rate deal and kept expectations low as I knew the rooms were older. We booked only a week in advance (didn't realize that this was their last weekend before closing for the season) so options were very limited. Great deal at $139/night with $50 credit so we jumped on it.

The check in was easy and all the staff are truly lovely. Weather couldn't have been better. We brought our own kayaks and were warmly welcomed to use their kayak dock and staff were always offering to help us and showed us some tricks that we didn't know as we are in our first year of this sport.
We were in a room in the 400 block and even though it was older and basic - offered a great view and was very clean.

The only thing that was a bit of a downer was that the bed was not very comfortable and probably could use a switch out. Bathroom towels were good and Aveda products available.

Greatly enjoyed the grounds and the pathway with the wonderful twig railing. The location is just lovely.

We used the boat shuttle every day to visit Painters Lodge to utilize the pool/hot tub and to visit the pub. Both the resorts had great food. Our only complaint is that at April Point the breakfast buffet wasn't that good and we would have rather ordered off the menu as we greatly enjoyed our breakfast on Friday morning. Coffee was excellent though!

Please keep in mind that April Point is not a luxury style resort - it is basic and rustic. rooms do not have flat screen tv's but instead tiny tube style tv's, just a few channels and the rooms have basic amenities but the property is very well maintained and offers a lot visually. Kayaking was great and hubby even caught fish from his! We didn't get to use the spa but as we were last minute, they were already booked up.
It's a special spot to come visit and we will definitely come back and next time try to get a cabin with a hot tub and massages at the spa!

Thanks April Point for a really wonderful, relaxing and memorable 3 night stay!

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
ChristineFleming, General Manager at April Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 26, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of April Point Resort & Spa. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Our Fall Getaway is definitely a great deal, so I'm happy you got to take advantage of it. We run this special every spring and fall and it’s a great way to get a relaxing vacation for a great price!

I’m so happy you enjoyed kayaking around April Point. With so much beautiful scenery and wildlife in the area it really is the perfect spot for that. And that’s great that you took advantage of our free water taxi to Painter’s Lodge and were able to enjoy the pool and hot tubs over there.

Thank you for your feedback on the breakfast buffet. After careful consideration we have found that this is the most effective way to serve our guests in the morning. That being said, we will take your comments into consideration when we reopen next season.

I look forward to seeing you back at the resort again soon!

Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

What a find! I stayed here for 2 nights on a 3 week trip around BC and Alberta. My room faced a jetty so I could watch the sea otters having fun at night and the boats during the day.

I went on a wildlife boat trip from the jetty and saw Orcas, a humpback whale, a black bear, 2 eagles, herons, porpoises, sea lions, etc. So not bad value for money..!

The staff were very friendly and Sharon and Julia are a credit to their company for trying very hard to help me and to ensure that my stay was a happy one.

The restaurant was also very good. The Japanese inspired starter and lemon tart were really good!

There is a spa, but although it looked very nice I didn't visit it as I was more interested in wildlife and hiking. Following recommendations from Sharon I went hiking in the nearby Chinese Mountains.

I'd be happy to stay again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
I'm thrilled to hear you had such a great time at April Point Resort & Spa. We are extremely lucky to have so much amazing wildlife all around us. I couldn't imagine a better location for our resort.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your Wildlife Adventure Tour. It sounds like you saw pretty much everything there is to see. Our guides are truly the best and know just where to find all of these incredible creatures.

I'll make sure to pass along your comments to Sharon and Julia. I'm really happy they were able to help make your stay so enjoyable. Thank you so much for your review and I look forward to your next visit!

Christine Fleming

Been to April Point Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!