We arrived about an hour early and were told our room was not ready. The staff would not even tell us where our room would be, or offer us a place to leave our luggage in the meantime. There is no parking at the resort, but quite a distance away. When we were lugging our stuff from there on foot later, a resort staff golf cart and a car went by us without offering any help, although we were obviously older women struggling with the load.
The location is superb. Our room, over the restaurant, was large, clean and comfortable; and we had a lovely view. We did not eat at the restaurant, as we had been warned that the prices and quality of food did not match, and that service would be slow. There was a smell of well-used frying oil in the restaurant which would have put me off eating there anyway.
The problem with this "resort" is that most of the staff just doesn't seem to care. We returned to our room the second day at 4:30 pm to find it had not been made up. When we called, we did get fresh towels...
Lots of mosquitos the second night as well - I don't know if this is the norm for this area, but I suspect the stagnant green water in the moat around the spa might have been the source.
You are given the option to leave your car at Painter's Lodge and taking the boat over. We opted to take the ferry, so we would have a vehicle to visit other parts of Quadra Island. e.g Rebecca Spit. We were not interested in any of the excursions (fishing or boating) or renting scooters or bikes; nor the spa. All of these activities are offered and would be fun, if somewhat over-priced.
There were two members of staff who were friendly, but most of them seemed to be on "Island Time" (slow and inefficient and indifferent). Too bad, as that would have made all the difference in the world.
We came for a two-day getaway and painting workshop, we knew it would be somewhat rustic, and we did enjoy ourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront getaways, perfect for romantic weekends, family vacations, girlfriend getaways and more. Packages and specials available. Located on Quadra Island, a short ride from Campbell River on Vancouver Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your April Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- April Point Hotel Quathiaski Cove
- April Point Resort And Spa
- April Point Resort & Spa Quadra Island, Canada - Quathiaski Cove