“Pub is excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
“Pub is excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I prefer the pub, it's more casual than the dining room. Food in both places is excellent. Portion sizes in dining room are a little light. I guess so you can go all courses! Coconut cream pie is the best I've had

Visited November 2012

Stirling, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We had a work function here on Sat night. This place is awesome, the rooms are excellent we had a suite and it was just beautiful.... The meal was one of the best buffets I have had in a while and the entertainment at the pub set the evening off. Went for breakfast in the AM and it was also really good a great end to an awesome weekend.. Thanks to the staff at the Waring House!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Can't Even Get Take-Out Right”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We were huge fans of the Barley Room and have spent several great evenings there. We also referred family and friends, but this relationship is over. Our last couple of meals eaten at the restaurant were mediocre at best, and the new menu is boring and lackluster, so we've not returned. Being in the mood for ribs, we started looking around for take-out, and lo and behold Wednesday is rib and wing night! How bad could it be if it's the specialty of the evening? Let me tell you. That bad! For $45 for 2 Rib and Wing Combos we got a handful of cold fries, TWO ribs each, and 4 wings. No word of a lie. I was appalled. We are done supporting this business as quite frankly, they are riding on the reputation of days gone by that they no longer deserve. A new chef and new menu have done nothing to salvage this long-standing cornerstone, and we'll not recommend it again.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Canada
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The food and the atmosphere is simply incredible. This is my third time at Waring House and it wont be my last. I have always attended on business and I can't wait to come back with my husband.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kingston, Canada
“not what it used to be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

ummmm wow went there recenlty and it was a shocker the food was not very good and the prices are through the roof decor is still ok wait staff terrible a few years ago this was the go to spot but not so much now

• Visited June 2012