“A+++” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waring House

You added Waring House to your Saves list
Waring House
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   395 Sandy Hook Road, RR 8, Picton, Ontario K0K 2T0, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Picton
Kingston, Canada
“A+++”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I truly enjoyed our stay at the Waring House. It was our first time stay, and probably won't be the last. All the staff were very pleasant and beyond helpful, and the food was delicious. Their Countylicious package was fantastic. Thank you for a lovely weekend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Norah R, Innkeeper at Waring House, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Hello C L from Kingston,

thank you very much for staying with us and writing about your experience on Trip Advisor.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your " countylicious" outing.. At this time of year, you will see us offering many specials, if you like to stay in touch, like us on Facebook or sign up on our website for our e-blast.. we are posting and sending out information on a regular basis about special offers at the Inn or any activities in the area.

hoping to see you again soon,

Innkeeper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Pickering, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I would like to thank all the staff for making me welcome and contributing to what was a difficult (for me personally) weekend and making it one I will never forget. Great welcome - wonderful room and overall a great experience

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Norah R, Innkeeper at Waring House, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Hello Sparky Marky,
thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to share this on Trip Advisor.
Trip Advisor comments are shared with all here at the Waring House..Feedback is very important for us.. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we do hope you will visit us again.
If you like to stay in touch with us, you can sign up on our website for our e-blasts or like us on Facebook, we try to keep all of our friends and guests informed on a regular basis about specials at the Inn and in the area.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Spent an enjoyable weekend with my love at the Waring House. I'm going to combine all their facilities into this one review. If it's helpful you can pick what you'd be looking for in a stay:

Barley Room Pub: Excellent... I love this type of place, close quarters, darkish bar, friendly service. They had a band Sat the place was packed and it's onsite you can walk back to your room. We ate there one day and the main restaurant another I enjoyed the food in both. An old english style pub with womderful atmosphere.

The Room: Average ... Very large ... people have complained here about the noise and rightly so. If you have noisy people above you hope they go to bed early and sleep in. They put in air purifiers for white noise and you can turn on the heating/cooling fan which I found more helpful. The bathroom was poorly misdesigned entirely. It's huge ... with a soaker tub, but the smallest almost cruise ship sized shower you can imagine. If they ever do a refit with a much needed large stand up tile shower and I'd stay there all the time. We had a room with the outdoor hottub but the quality of the tub itself was a bit cheap it's a two person tub that couldn't stay warm it would lose it's temp right away with the lid off. I can't see it being very hot come the winter months. The king bed was very comfy.

Amelia's Garden Restaurant: Very Good ... breakfast was included in our stay and one dinner. The first morning breakfast was forgettable the waitress was kind've put off by us coming at 10 I guess they close breakfast at 10 on Sundays but the front desk had told us 10:30. Anyway she was mildly rude about it and breakfast was lukewarm which I dislike. Had sausage and eggs and it wasn't anything a diner couldn't do better. So why did I say it's very good LOL ... the next two meals were excellent. We had a nice romantic dinner Sunday evening, the waiter was friendly and chatty. I'd only change it up by having real candles in the dining room instead of fake lanterns. Breakfast the next day was excellent as well with the friendliest young man as a waiter we'd encountered. We both ordered buttermilk pancakes served piping hot. The home fries the day before were not so good so he brought us a side of fruit instead, a nice touch.

Overall this would be an excellent place with some room improvements

Norah R, Innkeeper at Waring House, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Opuscat from Ottawa,
thank you very much for staying with us.. and for writing about your experience.
Reviews are being shared with all here at the Inn and will help us to improve on our services and product. I have read your comments with great interest, and yes, we do have some issues in the newer building (noise) which we will take care off during the next few month.. but still most of our guests love the rooms in these 2 buildings, yes.. I wish the showers were bigger!!
as for the Hot Tubs, I am a surprised about your comments about the temperature, I have had a spa berry for the last 5 years and enjoy it all winter long.. in the Georgian Bay area..!! ( a lot colder than in the County).. and my temperature always stays up at around 104.. I will check into your hot tub.
again, thank you very much and I do hope you will visit us again

toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Myself, my husband and another couple stayed at the Waring House for a weekend break to tour the wineries in the area. Unfortunately we got off to a bit a rough start when our reservations were a little screwed up. Not sure if was my own fault or just a misunderstanding but our room categories and rates were not the prices quoted to me when I made the reservation. The couple I was travelling with were surprised by the rate being charged as I had told them a different price. A little embarrassing for me as I had planned the weekend. Long story short although the resort made me feel that it was my fault, in the end did honor close to the rate I was quoted but upgraded the room as the original room I had wanted and booked was now sold out. If I would have received the email confirmation promised I would have followed up earlier and the problem could have been fixed, unfortunately I did not and did not follow up on a timely basis and the resort made me feel like I was lying trying to get a cheaper rate. And as a sidebar my dinner reservations were also not made, so clearly there was a communication breakdown. Overall the resort was good, clean, and the food, especially the breakfast was excellent. We liked the spacious room, the furniture and bathrooms were above average. We liked the little touches, like the white noise maker they provide in the room because they understand that noise from neighbours could be a problem with some (it was not for us). The server at breakfast, Heather, was by far and beyond the most friendly and efficient person we came across at the resort. Why I would not recommend or return to this resort is purely the customer service aspect. As I am in the service industry myself I would never allow my staff to treat customers the way we were treated by some staff. Little things like how we were shown to our table in the restaurant, to how some of the staff spoke to you when you were asking questions. I think because of the initial problem we were treated with bias for the rest of our stay. Unacceptable. Example, we left an item in our room. When asking to have them mail it back to us, we were told that they did not make any money on our room so therefore we would have to pay for the mailing of the item. Fine, I get that when you do something of your own fault you should have to pay. Not the problem, the problem was the explanation! Perhaps some customer service seminars may be in order for some of the staff. Loved the Prince Edward county area, will definitely be returning but will be trying a different resort.

Norah R, Innkeeper at Waring House, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Mrs. S,

I am aware of your experience here at the WH and most of the staff you had conversations with spoke to me about your conversations.. There are always 2 sides to a conversation.
Perhaps there were some misunderstandings, some miscommunications and I personally had also a brief moment meeting you.

I do hope when you return to the County you will find a better experience.

Milton, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

There are 4 ladies in our group, friends since first year University 1973. We wanted to spend our celebration in an environment that we all enjoy. We decided Prince Edward County with their wines, food, country side views and small towns would be perfect. We stayed at Waring House in their premium rooms. The rooms are beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable. From the beds to the room furniture it was a perfect place for us to be together to celebrate. The dining room is beautifully decorated and set up for their guests. The food was wonderful as was the service and the price! The price of the weekend was more than reasonable and we have decided this will become our go to place in the future for our get togethers to spend a weekend.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Gale from Milton,
thank you very much to you and your friends for staying with us and for writing about your experience.Reviews are shared with all here at the Inn and it is such a delight to share your feedback.
If you like to stay in touch with us, to receive up to date information about the area and the Inn, please like us on facebook or subscribe to our e-blast on our website.

Gale, again, thank you very much for staying with us.. and we are looking forward seeing you and your group again soon.. (great deals in November and December.. share this with your friends)

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My partner and I spent a romantic night in a king room with fireplace & double soaker tub this past weekend. The room was really lovely and cozy. The bed and the linen were really great, and luxurious. Breakfast, which was included was hearty, tasty and the service could not have been more friendly, accommodating or efficient.

Minor, but important points - the room did not have a separate shower, but had a shower head - not a problem for me but not ideal for my 5'11 partner. It also leaked which was not terrific. Finally, there were no wine glasses provided or an abundance of fluffy towels, which I would have expected. Bare minimum water glasses and 2 towels with wash clothes and a mat. We got back to the room too late to ask for any of these things.

Room Tip: Check on the availability or necessity of a shower and ask for more towels in advance.
Hello Aurora F from Toronto,

thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience here on Trip Advisor. Feedback is very important to us and it is being shared with all at the Inn. (good and not so good as well!)
Our reservation department is supposed to explain all the room features to our guests at the time of making the reservation and you should have been told about the shower.. We are trying to rectify this and I fully understand your comments. I am also apologizing for not having the proper supplies in your room. This should have been caught by our Housekeeper.

Aurora, if you like to stay in touch with us, please like us on facebook or subscribe to our eblast on our website, you will than get regular updates about happenings in the area and the Inn.

again, thank you very much for staying with us and my apologies to you about the inconvieniance

Wolfgang Stichnothe,
Bowmanville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We did the 1 night at the Quaker Lodge with wine paring Dinner. We did the Sandbank wine tour with Richard in the afternoon then back for dinner. The dinner was a per set menu with wine paring for each course. Food was delicious. The waitresses were very knowledgeable about the wine.
Was a bit disappointed that the entertainment stopped so early when a crowd of people came in and the band packed up and left!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Quaker Lodge had a King size bed, fire place, huge bathroom, balcony just beautiful...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Sandy from Bowmanville,

thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your experience. Feedback is being shared with all here at the Inn, it is very important to us and helps us to improve on our services and product. I am glad you enjoyed everything here at the Inn, but I also noted your comment about the entertainment. In these not so easy times it is difficult to balance the expenses with the revenues, I assure you, we will review our entertainment times on the weekends.
If you like to stay in touch with us, to find out about happenings in the area and the Inn, than please like us on Facebook or subscribe to our eblast on our website.

Wolfgang Stichnothe,
Innkeeper.

Been to Waring House? Share your experiences!