“Good cider & great food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 36 things to do in Picton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto
7 attraction reviews
“Good cider & great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I'm so glad we stopped by the cider company. We had the tasting and had lunch outside the patio. We ordered chicken pate for appetizer and it was fantastic!!!! for main, we got the pizza. They have their own wood burning oven and it was heaven! Loved the food so much!

Visited September 2012

Toronto, Canada
12 attraction reviews
“County Cider”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

A busy spot on weekends, their main business is selling cider and good cider it is. Its probably the best cider I have ever had, and I have a had a few. In fact, I liked it so much I asked the owner to keg it for me and I sold it at the Only Cafe', on the Danforth in Toronto some 15 plus years ago. It was a hit. It is carried by several "fine beereries" in Toronto's bar scene. They have a few variations; peach and apple cider, raspberry and apple cider and (not sure if they invented it) - ice cider, which is quite unique and worth trying like all their stock, which you can do at their free tasting bar. They sell other sundires like hats and t-shirts, but the most important thing is the setting - truly stunning, situated high on a hill overlooking Prince Edward Bay, in a vineyard and apple orchard aside one of the finest examples of century homes (limestone) arcitecture to be seen in the area. They serve gourmet burgers and brick oven pizzas for lunch and of course, lots of cider to wash it down. A highlight of the area.

Visited September 2012
Kitchener, Canada
41 attraction reviews
“Must taste the iced cider”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We haven't had a chance to have lunch on the patio here yet, but hope to next time we're in the County. The view of Lake Ontario over their orchards is incredible and the wood pizza oven is inviting. However, we always make time to stop and buy some hard cider, and some of their incredibly delicious iced cider. If you're not sure, do the reasonably-priced cider tasting and you'll be convinced! I'm not a fan of sweet iced wines, but the iced apple cider from The County Cider Company has a delicious caramel edge to it that keeps it from being cloyingly sweet, and it's a novel treat to serve to guests as a dessert wine (or over ice cream - my husband's favourite), or to offer as a hostess gift.

London, ON
5 attraction reviews
“Beatiful View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife tasted several of the ciders and purchased some to bring home but for me the real "treat" was the view from the Cider House !

Toronto, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“Satisfying Lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We took a long detour before our weekend trip just outside Ottawa to have lunch somewhere in the Prince Edward County. I had heard great things about the region. I had intended for our group to have lunch at a different winery but they were having a special themed lunch and expected to be very busy. It was suggested by a colleague that the County Cider has a great landscape scenery and an excellent lunch. After confirming that they don't take reservation, off we go.

While we waited for a patio table, we joined in the cider tasting. They offer cider tasting every 10 minutes. Because they don't take reservations, be ready to wait for the next available table especially during peak time. We were there around 12 or 1 p.m.

Since the four of us were very intrigued with their pizzas , we decided to order all 4 types (chicken, artichoke, mushroom and three cheese) which we could share. It was an excellent way of tasting all of them and we were not sorry at all that we did.

Overall, we were impressed and we hope to be back soon.