“Quiet Accomodation in Beautiful Maple Tree Forest Setting” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Saraswati B&B and Retreat Centre

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Picton
Saraswati B&B and Retreat Centre
You added Saraswati B&B and Retreat Centre to your Saves list
1280 Fry Road | RR8, Picton, Ontario K0K 2T0, Canada (Formerly Saraswati Wellness Spa)   |
Ranked #35 of 44 Picton B&B and Inns
Ottawa, Canada
“Quiet Accomodation in Beautiful Maple Tree Forest Setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We really enjoyed our one-night stay about a 10 minute drive from Picton. The house is new and very clean and comfortable with hardwood floors through-out. The room we stayed in was perfect. Cozy and firm bed. No TV in the room (we weren't there to watch TV anyway) but wifi available. Our host was great. She made sure we got reservations at Portobella restauraunt in town which turned out to be a perfect choice. She was very helpful in giving us maps and suggestions for biking, shopping and things to do around PEC. Very knowledgable and friendly. Basically made sure we had what we needed without a lot of fuss. Breakfast was great - eggs and toast with fresh fruit, juice and coffee. Highlight was the assorted home-made jams. This was a great place to stay and recommend it for anyone looking for a friendly, country setting.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Galetta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This place is not for anyone who enjoys privacy or any of the basic conveniences. We were told immediately upon our arrival that we couldn't use scents because the owner was allergic so we abided by her wishes. The place is isolated and it stuck out in the middle of the woods and is close to nothing. The room that was provided was extremely small, didn't have a TV or even a lock on the door. We had to share a bathroom with another couple and the dining area only had one small table that had to be shared by all. The owner didn't provide us with clean towels for our second day nor did she make the bed or tidy the room. We had to use her unscented shower gel that didn't foam and no body lotion or other basics were supplied. The breakfast was awful. We were not asked what we would like. The owner scrambled up a few eggs put them in a bowl and plopped them down between my girlfriend and I along with some bland rye toast. I asked the owner if she had any ketchup and she said no because she doesn't like ketchup. Wow, is she not in the service industry and does she not think her guests might appreciate a common condiment like ketchup for their eggs? Even though breakfast was paid for at the B&B we decided to check out early the second morning around 8:30 am and skip their breakfast to go into town and pay for a real breakfast at a restaurant. Best move we could have made. Anyway, if all of that wasn't bad enough, the real kicker is the e-mail I received from this quack later on in the day saying that she had charged my mastercard an additional $100 for the cleaning cost she incurred to eliminate the pot odour she says she smelled in our room after we left. My girlfriend and I don't smoke cigarettes or do drugs (pot or otherwise) and we definately didn't smoke pot in her room! Needless to say I was extremely upset about these false allegations this fraud came up with. I e-mailed her back and tried calling her but to no avail. I have contacted my credit card company, they appologized and have assured me that they will reverse the charge. STAY AWAY at all costs, I have never had such a brutal, absurd experience in my life. We paid $240 plus tax for two nights at this bland B&B (not including the bogus $100 she tried to fraudulently charge us) and I wouldn't go there again if someone offered it to me for free.

Room Tip: No good rooms available from what I saw.