“Great for both Kids & Parents” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Belleville, Canada
“Great for both Kids & Parents”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had never heard of Williams Family Diner (even though we are somewhat local), so on a recent trip to Picton we decided to give it a try. The decor was modern and minimal, which is kind of different than most restaurants in Picton, but suits our style, and the style of food. I had read that some people found this off-putting, but really it is just a clean modern space, which is awesome. Our three year old was thrilled there was a children's play area, and so were we (if you have ever tried to wrangle a toddler to sit and wait, you know what I mean!). The kids meal was excellent, and there are several options. The real story here is that the food is amazing and home cooked. We visited twice in the same week and were very impressed by everything we ate. We had the Pad Thai (amazing and huge portion), the Brisket Burger (very flavourful), the Turkey Burger (yum), and the Cubano (wonderful). Add in prompt service, great prices, easy parking, and upbeat space, and this is a big winner for us. We will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great diner, lots of heart and soul goes into every plate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I have been to this diner a few times now and everyone I bring can't believe the quality. The food, cooked by one or both of the owners is absolutely delicious. The variety also catches you off guard, for such a small place there is lots to choose from. Service as well is friendly and quick. I'll be back as often as I'm in Picton. Good work everyone and thank you!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hamilton, Canada
“High expectations, not met”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We decided to go to Williams Family Diner because of it's high ranking reviews. When we first arrived we were greeted curtly by a waitress. As a appetizer we choose their house made spring rolls to share. We were shocked to find that the spring rolls were still FROZEN inside... Not a good start! The food was mediocre at best, their "special" Williams Burger was not so "special" . But, their fries were very good. Overall we were very disappointed with the food and the service. We were visiting the area but would not go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Family restaurant with great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I visited this restaurant with my two young boys on a Friday night. The menu has something for everyone, comfort food with lots of interesting twists. The kids menu looked very appealing too. I really enjoyed my pad thai -- nice and spicy with loads of sprouts, tofu, and chicken. The portions are huge -- my leftovers fed two adults for lunch the next day. Other adults at the table ordered delicious burgers and fish. There was a great selection of local wines and ciders available.
As I was leaving, I was kicking myself for not saving room for dessert. The dessert selection looked fantastic.

Toronto, Canada
“Great spot in Picton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This place is tucked away and easy to miss from Main Street (it's across from Giant Tiger), but it's a great find. We found good hearty food, local wines and friendly service, all in a laid-back atmosphere. The decor is basic but features fun little touches -- some old marine paintings, odd ceramic roosters and wood plates line the walls. There was a nice variety of menu items, some with an interesting 'local' twist, and all reasonably priced, including the local wines. Our meals were great (the coconut shrimp is delicious -- spicy and full of flavour). Crowd is diverse and the place is welcoming for all types and ages.