“Exceptional Inn!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 45 Picton B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Exceptional Inn!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed at Bells and Whistles during the Canada Day long weekend with our two boys, who are five and 10. Before, we have always stayed at self catering places because it is difficult to find a B&B or inn that will accommodate children. Hosts Debbie and Bill are wonderful and welcome children to their home. We stayed in a suite with two queen beds and a huge bathroom with large tub. The boys LOVED the pool outside as well. Every day after coming back from the beach they could go swimming in the pool before dinner. They also have a room full of toys, books and games that you are free to use. Chickens and ducks are kept out back, aiding in the amazing breakfasts!! Debbie always had her homemade granola with fruit and yogurt available as well as a different muffin every day. Then there was the full breakfast of the day---from Eggs Benny to waffles and pancakes. Delicious! My kids have already told me that I need to book Bells and Whistles for next year's trip to Picton. We all loved it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I booked my stay at Bells and Whistles in a bit of a hurry - standing in the security lineup at YUL - because my previously arranged accommodations had fallen through. The proprietors were very friendly and patient and answered all of my questions and facilitated a very quick an easy booking.

The room was spotless, well outfitted and very comfortable. I had one of the best night's sleep I had had in quite some tim at Bells and Whistles. I normally sleep with earplugs to block out extraneous noise, but I did need to do see at Bells and Whistles because it was dead quiet! The Inn is located a few minutes outside of Picton so there is no light or noise what-so-ever to disturb one's slumber. Perfection!

I regret not being able to stay for breakfast because as I was out the door at 8 AM (I downed a coffee and a muffin while chatting with the owners in the kitchen). The owners are lovely people and made sure I left full of my requisite dose of morning caffeine!

I would not hesitate to recommend this establishment to anyone and I will make a point of staying there when ever I return to the Picton area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
BWFamilyInn, Owner at Bells and Whistles Family Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you Dan. We make sure that our mattresses are top quality as our linens, blackout drapes help with noise and room darkening.
Whether you are here for 1 night or a week, it is really important to us that you are comfortable.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We've stayed at many B&Bs, but Debbie and Bill certainly went over the top to make our stay exceptional. It started from the moment we booked. My wife asked a few questions about the area and e-mails were sent right away to help plan the weekend. We were 5 adults (my parents, wife and brother) and we were very comfortable in their largest room with 2 queen sized beds and a double bed. Breakfasts are plentiful and tasty, with fresh ingredients that are either from their property or from the local area (including the fresh eggs Bill gathers every day). Prince Edward County is a jewel in Ontario's landscape, made that more special with a delightful stay at this most excellent B&B. It comes highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We travelled as a family of 5 for my brother's birthday during the Great Canadian Cheese Festival. Bells and WHistles is everything you want out of a B&B. It's super clean, comfortable, and feels just like home. Debbie and BIll, the owners, are so sweet and do a great job of making sure you are relaxed during your stay. We staying in the Retreat room. It was very spacious! The room had a tv, dvd player, satellite tv, and wifi (which works very well). There is also a water bottle by everyone's bedside which I thought was a nice thing to do. Breakfast is fresh and delicious! The grounds are beautiful, and they have 3 very cute dogs.

Anyways, we had a great time and I'm grateful to the two of them for making our trip so lovely. Until next time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Our stay at Bells and Whistles was amazing.
Everything was perfect, the spacious and clean room, the breakfast (home-made granola, omelettes, eggs benedict....), the setting and the hosts itself!
Especially when you have kids you will love it. Our son loved the many toys in the living room, the swing, slide and playhouse in the huge backyard as well as the three little dogs.
Debbie and Bill are wonderful hosts and are always willing to assist with places to visit, where to eat etc.
We will definitely be back and we can highly recommend the B&B to anyone!

Thanks again Debbie and Bill, you made us feel welcome from the first minute we arrived!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Retreat suite - perfect!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Newmarket, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We found the Bells and Whistles to be a great place to relax and enjoy PEC. Debbie & Bill are wonderful people and great hosts with a wealth of knowledge of the area. The breakfast served included fresh farm eggs, home baked bread and cinnamon buns and was amazing. The rooms are clean and fully stocked and every room has their own bathroom. I would highly recommend the Bell's & Whistles to couples or families to stay at this B&B. Thank you to Debbie & Bill for making our stay in the county so wonderful!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We found the Bells and Whistles online and picked it because it had the best room configuration for 3 of us – 1 queen & 2 singles - at a VERY reasonable price. I’m not generally a B&B person, but I would stay with Debbie & Bill again any time. And I cannot recommend it highly enough for families, particularly those with young children.

Debbie welcomed us to the Inn and gave us a tour – kitchen where coffee is available all day, living room to sit on comfy leather couches, TV room with a great selection of DVD’s and then our room. The Rejoice Suite was a terrific room (well, two rooms really) – comfortably slept the three of us on great beds with good linen and plenty of blankets. The room also had lots of dresser space, an open closet with hangers and a full-length mirror. The huge private bathroom is fully stocked – soap, shampoo, conditioner – facecloths, body scrubbers and big fluffy white towels. Basically everything you need to have a comfortable stay.

There is a lovely screened in front porch with comfortable couches & chairs (as well as a couple of table & chair settings) and we spent the early evenings out there with a glass of wine and our books, enjoying the sound of the birds.

The breakfasts were amazing - freshly baked bread and muffins, with granola, yogurt & fruit to start; then bacon & eggs cooked any way you want them. Plus an endless pot of the fabulous local coffee. We didn’t even need lunch because the breakfast was so filling.

I think the thing that made this B&B so exceptional were the little touches – fresh water bottles beside your bed every night, a fridge upstairs on the landing to store your wine or other yummy local purchases, Debbie’s knowledge of the area, which means great recommendations on almost anything you want to do, current magazines to borrow & read, and their overall warmth & friendliness.

For families, they have a stool for little ones to reach the sink, a baby bath, a toilet seat for toddlers, a shelf full of books & toys – plus, of course, there are the chickens & ducks outside, a swimming pool with a slide, and a play structure. Honestly, I wish I had known about Bells & Whistles when my kids were young!

If you are looking for a great place to stay, where you are hosted by wonderful people like Debbie & Bill, Bells and Whistles should be at the top of your list.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
BWFamilyInn, Owner at Bells and Whistles Family Inn, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Wow! Thank you so much for your wonderful and extended review. We very much enjoyed having you stay. Seems like we spent much of the time laughing about something.
We truly hope that you, your sister and your absolutely charming mother can make it back here sometime.
Again, thank you
Debbie and Bill
Also consider these accommodations in or near Picton
Waring House
No photo provided
Sandbanks Beach Resort
#4 of 10 in Picton
4.0 of 5 stars 29 reviews

Been to Bells and Whistles Family Inn? Share your experiences!