“Bad Experiance” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Picton
napanee ontario
“Bad Experiance”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

We booked a jacuzzi suite for our 16th wedding anniversary for Jan.16 2010.We were really looking forward to spending a relaxing night away.When we arrived at the resort checkin went smoothly but when we got to our room there was no jacuzzi.We went back to the checkin desk to inform them we must have the wrong room as there was no jacuzzi in our room.We were told there were no more jacuzzi rooms available.I had made it quite clear when booking that a jacuzzi was a must.The women at the front desk tried to say it had to be our mistake when booking,so we promptly checked out.I had put a $100 deposit on the room with my credit card when booking and all they will give back is $60.I have emailed them but still no result.So basically they sayI have to pay $40 for there mistake.After making arrangements for childcare and driving over an hour to get there we were really disappointed as well as mad about how they treated us.Thanks for ruining our anniversary weekend isiah tubbs.I should have looked at reviews before booking but thought this was a decent place but reading other reviews as well I see it is not.Think twice before thinking about staying here.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

The 'resort' was not much better than a motel, it was dingy and out of date. The indoor pool was 'broken', and we were divebombed by a huge BAT in our room. When we brought this to the attention of the staff, their response was to shrug and say 'that's the county.' This was a deluxe room that we were paying over $200 for, so I expected beter than bats and motel decor. We were not offered another room, or any money off, so we left and stayed at a MUCH better place for the same amount of money, and best of all, no bats.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

My husband and I were looking forward to spending Christmas afternoon and night at Isaiah Tubbs but should have connected the peeling paint outside our "suite" with the general experience we were about to endure. The Christmas buffet was fine despite the dearth of desserts, cappucino was a word not found in their culinary dictionary and the waiter, although pleasant, referred to us as "you'se" ...I cringe at the word.
Our room was stifling when we entered and we tried turningoff the electric heat to enjoy the ambiance of the gas fireplace but, by midnight, we were forced to throw open the windows for a breath of fresh air. Our once functional stone fireplace appeared to have been split down the middle by a partition which rendered it (and the other half in an adjacent room) disfunctional. The sheets on our bed were as thin as tissue paper and the pillows lumpy.
t Next morning, the temperature regulator on the shower head was also not working and, after scalding himself and having the toilet seat and lid fall off their hinges, my husband suggested we have breakfast (included in our "package") and get on the road.
The fruit included with my Eggs Benedict consisted of ONE strawberry cut in half and partially frozen. When I brought the fruit issue up, the waitress blinked in disbelief and could only offer the explanation that the fridge must not be working properly.
At checkout, when we commented on the shower, suffocating heat and misleading menu, the desk clerk responded with, "Oh, I'll mention it to the management". Although dinner had been included in our "package", we were charged for it and fortunately caught the error before paying. No apology and certainly no offer of compensation was forthcoming.
What happened to the resort I always believed to be upscale and popular?

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

I just spent a weekend on a "Yoga Retreat" at Isaiah Tubbs with a small group of women. We loved the resort, the staff were very accommodating, the food was very good, the location excellent, and the facility had some beautiful rooms - the MacDonald Hall, the bar, the restaurant were all so attractive, with fires in every place. The staff even built us a fire on the beach for our "after-supper" sing-song. I certainly hope to return.

• Stayed November 2009
Ottawa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

Couldn't sleep on hide-a-bed because it was so uncomfortable, so requested a cot which arrived fully made up. When unfolded, we discovered potato chips and the sheets were full of blue mould! At check-out they refused to do anything for us and suggested I call the General Manager. He wouldn't return my phone calls when I called to complain. Absolutely zilch customer service. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Aurora, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

This place could be spectacular because of the view.. however, it is run-down... needs a major update. None of the details are attended to. I thought we were going somewhere special... neglected to check Trip Advisor before we went... that was my biggest mistake.
We stayed in a cottage... it was cold -- horribly decorated (looked like an old deserted cottage from the 60's) -- the faucets all leaked... there was a huge bowl in the kitchen sink to catch water. The outside lights were burned out -- I plugged in my blow dryer (you need to bring your own!) and it blew out the electrical... basically... I felt like I had gone back in time... about 50 years. Even back then it would have been sub-standard.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

I actually considered another trip to Isaiah Tubbs. We get together with friends once a year and spent a 3 day weekend at I.D. late last fall. Yes, it is run down. Our little condo was cold and we really couldn't get it warmed up. The bathroom had some mold issues. The carpet in our unit was dirty. The dining room was empty when we went for dinner so we chose instead to go in to town. We had breakfast there one morning and it was just okay, but not too expensive for a buffet so we were not totally disappointed. We had a great weekend anyway because we were with good friends and that was the point, however, we did pay quite a bit of money for a run down, grubby unit. After speaking with people in the area and others that had also visited, I thought possibly some efforts have been put in to a resort in such a lovely location. But I see from this site, that this is not the case. What I find interesting is that the management is responding to these complaints and issues with excuses. In the hospitality industry, the operative word here would be "hospitality", defined as Welcoming. Comfortable and Accommodating. When providing a service, excuses just don't cut it. If I did that in my business...... well, I wouldn't have a business. This is not a highway road stop, but rather a "resort" where the cost of the rooms leads one to expect that you will be enjoying a lovely stay in a lovely suite. Our experience was not so. Maybe management should take some of the suggestions listed by the people that took the time to give feedback and put some effort into restoring what was once a lovely resort. Excuses just won't bring me back. But would love to come and visit again - and even pay the high prices- if I can count on a high class visit. You do have a great spot with so much potential. Thanks, I hope I do one day visit again.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends

Been to Isaiah Tubbs Resort? Share your experiences!