“Girls Got Pampered!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Merrill Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Picton
Merrill Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Picton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Girls Got Pampered!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

I stayed at the Merrill Inn in July to celebrate my 50th birthday with my dear girlfriend. We enjoyed a lovely, quaint room which was perfect for us with 2 double beds and a modern bathroom. The breakfasts were simple but fresh and very good. Dinner at the Inn was fabulous! Being self-proclaimed "foodies", we really appreciate good food and wine...the Merrill Inn did no disappoint.
I returned a month later (august '09) for my sister's 50th birthday. Again, no disappointment. Edward, the innkeeper, was charming and Nell made us (some very strong!!) Apple Crantini's on the patio before dinner. The lamb, which we all ordered, was cooked to perfection!
I plan to return with my husband (hopefully in a room with just 1 bed!!) for an autumn cycling trip in October! What a wonderful place to unwind from the rigours of big city living!
Thanks Edward! We'll be back!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Fernie, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

We were looking for a quiet and relaxing place to getaway to catch up on old times. The Merrill Inn was perfect for our weekend away. We booked the Girlfriend's Getaway package and all felt it to be of good value.
The innkeeper and staff all made us feel welcome and special. Our dinner in the restaraunt is by far the best around Picton. A nice added touch was our pre-dinner drinks prepared for us in the sitting room. Breakfast was just right, offering a hot plate each morning hit the spot.
We shared a quaint room on the top floor with deeply pitched ceiling, living area and two bathrooms, a basketfull of goodies and night gowns that made us a all laugh the night away! We were tempted to wear them to breakfast, maybe next year!
A beautiful and comfortable old inn. I felt just a good in my jeans as I did when we dressed up for a special night.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

My husband & I stayed at the Merrill Inn for a night in July - our suite was very cozy & comfortable & our dinner in the lovely restaurant was delicious! Breakfast the next morning was also a treat!

We can't wait to return!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Oakville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

My husband and I stayed for the Summer Break package as I had already stayed here with 5 other women for the Girls' Getaway and had found the Merrill Inn to be so wonderful. My husband was very pleased with his experience as well. Our very pretty room had 2 easy chairs so we were both able to sit and relax after our drive from Stowe. It was also nice to be able to put our perishables into the communal fridge. Then we had the most scrumptious dinner in their restaurant. Every mouthful was delectable. Our breakfast the next morning was also good. (The smoothies are yummy.) Off to the winery for our picnic lunch (made at the Inn) and our stay at Merrill Inn was complete. Edward, the host, is very personable and runs a very nice establishment. Staying here could get addictive.

Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

My wife and I just returned from spending four days and three nights at the Merrill. The Inn had wonderful and friendly staff, and a top notch chef who provided an excellent meal on our final night.

We spent our time touring the various wineries, cheese makers and artist shops in the Prince Edward County region. The Merrill staff was extremely helpful in pointing us were to go, and who to talk with to have an excellent experience while in the area.

I would most heartily recommend the Merrill Inn to anyone wanting to have a most magical get away in Ontario. Cheers.

GTA, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

I just got home from spending a couple of days at the Merrill Inn in Picton and cannot say enough good things about it. My room was amazing, the staff always courteous and helpful, the food spectacular... I could go on and on. The hospitality was second to none. I look forward to staying at the Merrill Inn again in the very near future.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

We have been staying at the Merrill Inn for a few years now and it is always a wonderful experience. The relaxing charm really captures the welcoming spirit of the County with cozy, comfortable accommodation. The food is always excellent, featuring local produce, with a well chosen selection of both local and imported wines. But the biggest factor in making our stay enjoyable is the excellent service; the attentive hosts and their cheerful and accomplished staff go out of their way to ensure that you will have an enjoyable visit to the region.
We look forward to returning to the Merrill Inn again next year!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Merrill Inn? Share your experiences!